Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 06:46 AM

677 posts, read 1,074,264 times

Advertisements

Fairfield is pretty middle of the road as is Hamilton although Hamilton has its rougher parts. Also check out Sycamore and Lakota.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2015, 09:05 PM

124 posts, read 138,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi in cinci View Post
I would suggest starting with Forest Hills School District, Milford, Loveland & Oak Hills.
I got an email response from Oak Hills. Hopefully, I'll get an interview. The top school districts for pay and most sought after for jobs are Wyoming, Loveland, Indian Hill, Oak Hills, Forest Hills and Princeton.

Old 06-26-2015, 09:27 PM

1,716 posts, read 3,585,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeacherinTN View Post
I got an email response from Oak Hills. Hopefully, I'll get an interview. The top school districts for pay and most sought after for jobs are Wyoming, Loveland, Indian Hill, Oak Hills, Forest Hills and Princeton.
If you would get the OakHills job, send me a pm and I can help you out on the home search since I'm one of maybe two people here that actually lives on the westside. I say pm because I don't visit this place much anymore, haha, so I might not see your post.

Old 07-05-2015, 01:05 PM

Any thoughts on the Northwest School District? I have an interview at Colerain Middle School.

Old 07-05-2015, 02:09 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,981,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeacherinTN View Post
Any thoughts on the Northwest School District? I have an interview at Colerain Middle School.
It's a large district, and probably some elementary and middle schools are a better teaching environment than others, reflecting the economic diversity of neighborhoods within the district. That said, as far as quality of students you can certainly do worse, but I think it would still be at or slightly below the midline. The population trend into that district is more and more educationally and economically disadvantaged people, though.

As I've said before, I'm no expert on the area school systems--I just report what I read and observe. So take my comments in that context.

Old 07-06-2015, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Perry View Post
It's a large district, and probably some elementary and middle schools are a better teaching environment than others, reflecting the economic diversity of neighborhoods within the district. That said, as far as quality of students you can certainly do worse, but I think it would still be at or slightly below the midline. The population trend into that district is more and more educationally and economically disadvantaged people, though.

As I've said before, I'm no expert on the area school systems--I just report what I read and observe. So take my comments in that context.
What you say confirms what I've seen. With that said, the student population mix is about identical to my school here in TN.

Old 07-06-2015, 07:32 AM

677 posts, read 1,074,264 times
Colerain Township used to be solidly middle class and white but in the past generation has trended more towards the lower end of the economic spectrum and has also seen a significant influx of minorities. Northwest has also seen its share of funding challenges in recent years with the failure of levies but that is pretty much the case with every district in the Cincinnati area.

With the exception of the larger minority population, this school will more closely resemble the socioeconomic diversity found in the Johnson City schools.

Old 07-06-2015, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerred View Post
Colerain Township used to be solidly middle class and white but in the past generation has trended more towards the lower end of the economic spectrum and has also seen a significant influx of minorities. Northwest has also seen its share of funding challenges in recent years with the failure of levies but that is pretty much the case with every district in the Cincinnati area.

With the exception of the larger minority population, this school will more closely resemble the socioeconomic diversity found in the Johnson City schools.
your right about it being similar to JC. Their minority population is about 5% more. I have an interview on Wednesday.

Old 07-06-2015, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerred View Post

your right about it being similar to JC. The minority population is about 22% and JC is 12%. Their academic/test score rating is a 2 out of 10 compared to the rest of the state. Yet they still out score my current school which is rated a 9 out of 10 for Tennessee. I have an interview on Wednesday. Let's see what happens.

Old 07-12-2015, 07:34 PM

I have been offered a position at Colerain Middle School and a 5th grade position in Oak Hills. I'm going to accept the Oak Hills position. My wife really wants to live on the east side around Loveland. Should that be an insane commute? It would be mostly 275 all the way. G maps shoes about 40 minute drive.

We are so excited but also reality is sinking in! We have to sell our house, buy one and then move within 30 days. School starts on the 10th. On top of that we had a water leak at our house and insurance is paying for new floors and are tearing our house up. Crazy times!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati