Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Cincinnati tolerable to all races and mixed couples?
Yes 26 48.15%
No 12 22.22%
Maybe 17 31.48%
Not a chance 5 9.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 02:02 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,534,789 times

Advertisements

Certain parts of Cincy may be racist, but not in a place like Mason where I live. We don't put up with that kinda **** here. You will NEVER see this kind of behavior happening in a place like Mason:

Girls Take Picture Wearing Shirts That Spell 'NI**ER'

Such racism may be present in places like Phoenix, Arizona.....but not here.

Don't even think about having your kids pull some **** like this here. We'll run your ass outa town so fast that your head will spin and you'll be home schooling your kids for the rest of their lives.

Old 02-10-2016, 02:27 PM

4 posts, read 4,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahc88 View Post
Is Cincinnati a racist city? I have heard both positive and negative things about this city.
I really like Cincinnati the times I visited there. I am planning on moving with my husband
who is mixed and I am white. What areas are tolerable. We do have kids. What are the good
areas near Cincinnati, or in NKY that has mixed couples, and are tolerant.
My wife (who is white) and I (black) live in Oakley and have had no unpleasurable experiences. We are expecting and the public schools here aren't the best, unless you are able to get into the Hyde Park elementary schools. I think if we are to stay in Cincinnati we will head up to some of the northern suburbs such as Kenwood, Montgomery, Blue Ash, and even further north Mason and West Chester. These areas aren't 50/50 diverse, but they do have some minority representation, safe neighborhoods, and good schools. If we were to stay in the city and were open to private schools we would look at Mt Lookout, East Walnut Hills, and Wyoming.

Last edited by asobowal; 02-10-2016 at 02:28 PM.. Reason: Added more information

Old 02-11-2016, 06:31 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,975,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asobowal View Post
My wife (who is white) and I (black) live in Oakley and have had no unpleasurable experiences. We are expecting and the public schools here aren't the best, unless you are able to get into the Hyde Park elementary schools. I think if we are to stay in Cincinnati we will head up to some of the northern suburbs such as Kenwood, Montgomery, Blue Ash, and even further north Mason and West Chester. These areas aren't 50/50 diverse, but they do have some minority representation, safe neighborhoods, and good schools. If we were to stay in the city and were open to private schools we would look at Mt Lookout, East Walnut Hills, and Wyoming.

Just to clarify for people who may not be familiar with the area, Wyoming is a separate municipality and its top-ranked school system is public and not a part of the Cincinnati system.

Old 02-11-2016, 09:50 AM

4,823 posts, read 4,938,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmodder View Post
Certain parts of Cincy may be racist, but not in a place like Mason where I live. We don't put up with that kinda **** here. You will NEVER see this kind of behavior happening in a place like Mason:

Girls Take Picture Wearing Shirts That Spell 'NI**ER'

Such racism may be present in places like Phoenix, Arizona.....but not here.

Don't even think about having your kids pull some **** like this here. We'll run your ass outa town so fast that your head will spin and you'll be home schooling your kids for the rest of their lives.
Hmm...well since Mason OH is about 3% black, 85%+ white, with home sales avg. 320k and family income median 103K, this is the typical response of lily-white suburbanites. Also known as, African-Americans cannot afford it here and please keep the riff-raff in Cincinnati.

Old 02-11-2016, 07:28 PM

1,606 posts, read 2,837,262 times
^ I find this offensive. Who are you to say who can't afford what?????

Old 02-11-2016, 09:43 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,534,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unusualfire View Post
Kamms comes from a place called Kamms Corners, which as we know, is 94.6% white, 1.6% black.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamm%27s_Corners

But yet here he is talking about "typical responses" of those who live in a more racially diverse neighborhood than where he is from.

In my development in Mason, we have blacks, asian, indians, latinos, whites... every race you can think of living here. We all share the same interests, like living in a suburb that has a great school system so that we can provide our families with a quality life that was earned, rather than given. Can't speak for other places, but over here for example we respect our police, we don't try to degrade them by supporting things like "black lives matter" movements which serve no purpose but to perpetuate racism and bite the hand that protects.

Thank goodness I didn't watch the half time show during the super bowl so that can see someone willfully dishonor the hundreds of thousands of men and women who took an oath to serve and protect, and sacrifice their lives every day.

Old 02-12-2016, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Kamms comes from a place called Kamms Corners, which as we know, is 94.6% white, 1.6% black.

But yet here he is talking about "typical responses" of those who live in a more racially diverse neighborhood than where he is from.

In my development in Mason, we have blacks, asian, indians, latinos, whites... every race you can think of living here. We all share the same interests, like living in a suburb that has a great school system so that we can provide our families with a quality life that was earned, rather than given. Can't speak for other places, but over here for example we respect our police, we don't try to degrade them by supporting things like "black lives matter" movements which serve no purpose but to perpetuate racism and bite the hand that protects.

Thank goodness I didn't watch the half time show during the super bowl so that can see someone willfully dishonor the hundreds of thousands of men and women who took an oath to serve and protect, and sacrifice their lives every day.
You're claiming to be Mr. Tolerant, but Kamms Corners is also a working-class neighborhood, not Mason OH a city (3%) black; Kamms Corners is a neighborhood in Cleveland (1.6%).

I guess the stats are wrong about Mason OH and its African-American population since you make it sound so much more diverse than the numbers on paper do. Or is this only applicable to your ''development''?

Old 02-12-2016, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unusualfire View Post
I didn't say that but that is the general thinking in places like Mason, OH. So, why is the population of Mason OH only 3% African-American?

A place safely away from Cincinnati and Hamilton County in Warren County. Let's see, Warren County has seen about 40% growth since 2000 and out of a population est of 221,000, there are est of 3.3% African Americans. Wow, this place sure sounds like diversity central. Oh, 2.2% Hispanic.

Last edited by Kamms; 02-12-2016 at 10:55 AM..

Old 02-12-2016, 10:56 AM

Quote:

So long as the African-American population remains low, everyone in Mason and Warren County will be ''tolerant'' and yet this post gets into ''other places'' not respecting the police (your thought bubble: ''black communities) by such groups as Black Lives Matter and biting the hand that protects them...hmm...

Old 02-12-2016, 11:45 AM

4 posts, read 4,822 times
Quote:

I hope you know Beyonce was wearing the same outfit that Michael Jackson wore as a tribute to him. It had nothing to do with the police. I don't think I will be able to dissuade you, but if you take a look at his super bowl outfit and hers they are quite similar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati