Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 04:45 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,813,452 times

Advertisements

Somehow I feel the most objective portions of the OP's post have been missed. It was stated the hubby will be working in Hamilton Ohio and the OP expects to be working from home. Wanting a not on the prime list of home styles in the area is one thing. But then the OP should explain how a commute distance/time is not a consideration. I live pretty close to Hamilton, and there is No Way In Hell I would want a commute to NKY or even the commonly expressed areas within the city such as Hyde Park or Mt Lookout. And the eastern suburbs near I-275 forget it.

We have a request for a 5-bedroom house, but no definition of how many people will occupy it. You state a foster care family and realize there will be applications and tests to qualify in Ohio. But somehow I see a disconnect in economics here.

Sarrah Perry, something just does not quite add up to me here, what do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2015, 05:16 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,982,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Somehow I feel the most objective portions of the OP's post have been missed. It was stated the hubby will be working in Hamilton Ohio and the OP expects to be working from home. Wanting a not on the prime list of home styles in the area is one thing. But then the OP should explain how a commute distance/time is not a consideration. I live pretty close to Hamilton, and there is No Way In Hell I would want a commute to NKY or even the commonly expressed areas within the city such as Hyde Park or Mt Lookout. And the eastern suburbs near I-275 forget it.

We have a request for a 5-bedroom house, but no definition of how many people will occupy it. You state a foster care family and realize there will be applications and tests to qualify in Ohio. But somehow I see a disconnect in economics here.

Sarrah Perry, something just does not quite add up to me here, what do you think?
Hard to say, although my own instincts aren't often the best, I always tell people to pay attention to theirs! I guess there are all kinds of foster parents, all the way from the depraved, money grubbing scumbags who murdered Marcus Feisel to people with a great income who take in kids who desperately need a loving home, even if temporarily.

Old 02-16-2015, 05:29 PM

3,513 posts, read 5,164,539 times
Kjbrill, at this point it's probably a non-issue. OPs last login was 5 days ago, long before the modern home discussion and the stupidity that ensued.

I doubt they will be back.

Old 02-16-2015, 05:41 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,813,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOH View Post
Kjbrill, at this point it's probably a non-issue. OPs last login was 5 days ago, long before the modern home discussion and the stupidity that ensued.

I doubt they will be back.
Probably right, and for good reason. Didn't make much sense to me from the beginning.

Old 02-16-2015, 07:49 PM

549 posts, read 849,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tymeout2u View Post
I suggest you look in the Colerain twp area. Excellent school, diverse residential population. Nice houses within a good price range. I am not a native of Cincinnati, I came here to attend my alma mater, the University of Cincinnati which is near the Clifton Gaslite area) and I was totally floored when that area was suggested. I would not live in that area if a house was given to me for free. HIGH crime rate, a lot of closed up boarded homes (though I do have to say they are making progress in reversing this) and you can reach out and touch your neighbor. Area is sitting on top of a hill, when it snows you are sliding home, also there is a lot of traffic due to a lot of business in that area such as, hospitals, clinics, zoo and of course the university. Look north, it's your best option.
The heck? I can't think of one boarded up house in Clifton (other than the ones being torn down for the MLK widening.) Also, isn't Colerain debating canceling their high school's football program due to a funding crisis?

Old 02-17-2015, 08:36 AM

410 posts, read 587,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProkNo5 View Post
The heck? I can't think of one boarded up house in Clifton (other than the ones being torn down for the MLK widening.) Also, isn't Colerain debating canceling their high school's football program due to a funding crisis?
The "boarded up houses" remark had me puzzled too. That must be what they were talking about. Funny that they are that out of touch.

I guess it really is a matter of perception.

Old 02-17-2015, 05:11 PM

329 posts, read 700,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi in cinci View Post
The "boarded up houses" remark had me puzzled too. That must be what they were talking about. Funny that they are that out of touch.

I guess it really is a matter of perception.
He could also be referring to the area around Vine and Mitchell which is actually part of Clifton, though the less talked about and probably not what one means when talking Clifton area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati