Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 11:16 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,813,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalamanderSmile View Post
Aww young love.
Since age has not been discussed, no comments on young love, or any love for that matter. But OP I hope you have a real recognition of the HILLS! I was born and raised in the Cincinnati Area, just NOT in Cincinnati, the eastern/northern suburbs where things get much flatter.

Your expressed itinerary is not a do everything, see everything compressed into a couple of days. So, depending on age and physical ability you could possibly pedal a bike to your destinations or use a combination of bus combined with the new bike ride concessions. As you evaluate the responses want to hear more from your side. Good luck with your planning.

BTW, with your expressed locations and the time relationship I was surprised to hear downtown hotels already booked. But the Flying Pig brings a lot of people to town. Cincinnati is gaining in popular appeal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2015, 08:14 AM

OP... Just a couple more comments.

I have already said Do Not Miss the Rejuvenated OTR or the Banks and the redeveloped riverfront parks. If I had to give something up it would be Mt Airy Forest. A nice place for strolling through a lot of trees but not much more.

In early May I would expect Spring Grove to be beautiful, one of the gems of the City.

To me renting a car and then letting it sit has always been a waste of money. Besides you usually have to pay to park it. I would still look for a hotel uptown near the Clifton area. You have UC and the Zoo on your list, basically in Clifton. Take a bus down over the hill and you are at Spring Grove. Take another bus or two and you are downtown either OTR or the Banks riverfront park developments.

It appears your timing overlaps the Flying Pig. Perhaps a bus downtown to watch some of the fools running a marathon around Cincy hills would be good and then either a stroll through the upgraded riverfront parks or north through OTR would complete a satisfying day.

Again, not knowing your specific relationship or knowledge of Cincy, how about that name Flying Pig?. Having been born and lived my entire life here, I recognize one of the early nicknames for Cincy was Porkopolis, we had so many meat packing businesses until most of them moved to Chicago. Of course our most famous food entrepreneur was Barney Kroger, still a recognized name around most of the country.

I believe you can have a very nice vacation in Cincy, long as you don't try to pack too much into a couple of days.

Good luck with your plans.

Old 03-14-2015, 05:57 PM

OP... keep your sites in objective and orientation. Now that I recognize what else is going on in the City that weekend, I can only say adapt.

The Flying Pig may make an impact on downtown but stay with it. Work with the day/days it will be running but then work with those when everyone will be leaving. It is just another aspect of Cincy you should probably experience. Hope you can schedule through it and experience something you will embrace for a lifetime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati