Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2015, 08:48 PM

1 posts, read 662 times

Advertisements

My partner and I are moving from Downtown Columbus to Cincinnati in April. We have convinced ourselves that Cincinnati's downtown will best suit our wants.

We are currently targeting properties similar to the 550 East Fourth Apartments and Current at the Banks.

We would like advice from the Cincinnati Community regarding:

-The downtown atmosphere on the weekend
-Is there a funny smell downtown? (Referencing a post from 2009)
-Pros and Cons: If you have lived (or have visited) someone whom has lived downtown.
-Is Cincinnati a "concrete jungle:?
-Lastly, any rental hunting advice (i.e. other websites, forums, rental agent, etc)

Primarily questions have been answer below from the newcomers survey. Thank you for your suggestions and more importantly, your time.

Answers:

. Where will your work location be?
Home Office & Downtown

. What is you budget for housing?
.Rent 1.5k to 2.5k
2+ BD
Apt, Condo, House

. Neighborhood environment?
A place where we can see tall buildings from outside our windows, but cannot hear the sound emitting from the streets.

. Schools?
Not for now.

. Community amenities?
Fitness Center, Parks, Outdoor Terrace, Covered Parking, Dog Friendly.

Other: We are willing to consider properties that are within a two mile radius of downtown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2015, 12:55 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,799,024 times
I don't believe downtown Cincy has a huge number of rentals or a large number of professionals in the business. Since I have never lived in the City can't be of much help. But a City of this size must have an active rental organization whether this forum is of any help or not. Even Craigslist has to be better than a blank.

Old 03-16-2015, 07:47 PM

Hopefully others will chime in here with information you are desiring. But frankly I doubt it. Frankly the subject does not attract enough interest in the City. I would like to help but since I have never lived in the City am not a good reference. Perhaps you should reword and formulate what you are after.

Old 03-17-2015, 01:25 AM

133 posts, read 205,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
I don't believe downtown Cincy has a huge number of rentals or a large number of professionals in the business. Since I have never lived in the City can't be of much help. But a City of this size must have an active rental organization whether this forum is of any help or not. Even Craigslist has to be better than a blank.
Actually the number of rentals downtown is growing at a pretty steady pace. Occupants are a mix of the retired/older and "young professional" group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmhdc View Post
My partner and I are moving from Downtown Columbus to Cincinnati in April. We have convinced ourselves that Cincinnati's downtown will best suit our wants.

We are currently targeting properties similar to the 550 East Fourth Apartments and Current at the Banks.

The current is going to give you a ton of noise on game day or during any parade. You should look at both One Lytle, Seven at Broadway, and the many areas available in OTR if you want more of an urban setting. Taller buildings are in the downtown area of course.

We would like advice from the Cincinnati Community regarding:

-The downtown atmosphere on the weekend Need more details...vague request
-Is there a funny smell downtown? (Referencing a post from 2009) No
-Pros and Cons: If you have lived (or have visited) someone whom has lived downtown. Con- parts of the DT area can appear dead at times. That's about it for me. Close access to OTR usually solves that anyways.
-Is Cincinnati a "concrete jungle:? It's the downtown area of a city...but there's parks by the Banks
-Lastly, any rental hunting advice (i.e. other websites, forums, rental agent, etc) I'd just scour online. Cincinnati.com actually had a pretty full listing last time I checked.

Old 03-17-2015, 05:08 AM

610 posts, read 797,132 times
The Banks comes to mind.

Mercer Commons in OTR.
Mercer Commons Apartments | Apartments in Cincinnati, OH

Sycamore Lofts
Downtown Cincinnati Apartments - Sycamore Place Lofts and Apts

Honesty, new apartments and condos are opening so fast downtown and OTR it's hard to keep track.

Old 03-17-2015, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincydave8 View Post
The Banks comes to mind.

Mercer Commons in OTR.
Mercer Commons Apartments | Apartments in Cincinnati, OH

Sycamore Lofts
Downtown Cincinnati Apartments - Sycamore Place Lofts and Apts

Honesty, new apartments and condos are opening so fast downtown and OTR it's hard to keep track.
I would have to believe downtown is one of the easiest places to find a rental. Compact and not so spread out. And we all see the announcements of conversion to rentals, condos, apartments, etc. Since retail has virtually abandoned downtown there has to be a secondary use of the space.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: