Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 09:58 AM

42,006 posts, read 75,380,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Anderson Township is a great location. But once again it is just a township. I want to hear what makes it an advantage over West Chester or Liberty Townships?
Location to the OP's job in New Richmond, for one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 10:01 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,841,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Location to the OP's job in New Richmond, for one.
That is a good answer. New Richmond is a bit up the river. If they can find a location in Anderson convenient to New Richmond, BULLY!

Old 04-02-2015, 10:35 AM

71 posts, read 81,114 times
Anderson would be a choice here. Where in the SW are you coming from?

Old 04-03-2015, 08:05 AM

Going back and refreshing my memory on New Richmond it appears U.S. 52 is the choice of access. As it is on the Ohio side of the river seems to me Anderson Township makes a lot of sense as a place to live. Always hear the schools being praised. You should be capable of finding a location in Anderson Township which appears to be living with recognizable residential lots and neighbors, not a jumble like Eastgate. Distance and time are just not that big of a problem in Cincinnati. I don't believe Anderson has much in the way of retail, but so what.

As I have said, have a daughter who lives with me in Mason and works at Eastgate. Her #1 shopping destination is Kenwood Towne Center, specifically Nordstrom, a store she puts on top of everybody else.

Now if I were to want to think out of the box a bit, not too concerned about schools (don't know your desires or needs), and could convince the wife we are not moving to Alaska wilderness, I would take a look at the East Fork Lake State Park area. A good sized lake which handles some decent motors and which is a Hell of a lot safer than boating or fishing on the Ohio River. The closest old city to the park is Batavia.

I was just looking it up, and while no main thoroughfares there are plenty of lesser rd.s connecting down to New Richmond. Batavia is on St Route 32 which in these parts we call the Appalachian Highway. Going west it goes through Eastgate, the city of Milford, and down into Cincinnati. Going east it winds somewhere through West Virginia. Again, thinking out of the box. Safe as you could desire. In the winter you might need a 4-by-4 to negotiate the snow on those lesser roads to New Richmond. I have former coworkers who live in that area and have their boats on the lake all summer long. Working in New Richmond you are already in the country. So why not live in the country?

The company I worked for was always in the City. So I just resolved to working in the City. Suddenly they reversed themselves, sold the old place and built a new place in the country, Mason, where I already lived. Best stroke of my life. Of course Mason is no longer country, but a well established city suburb, frequently a subject of discussion on this forum.

I am often accused of not being allowed to declare I am a Cincinnatian, since I live in Warren Co. BS, I come from a very large family with multiple generations in the Cincinnati area, even from west side to east side. So I have never lived in the City. That to me does not define a Cincinnatian. To me it is the metro area as a whole, and the values the people who live here possess.

Cincinnati needs to define what it takes to live here. And much of what the City defines just doesn't work. Perhaps we should redefine some of it as Losantiville, as it sure as Hell is NOT Cincinnati.

Old 04-03-2015, 08:33 AM

3,336 posts, read 6,955,153 times
Quote:
Cincinnati needs to define what it takes to live here. And much of what the City defines just doesn't work. Perhaps we should redefine some of it as Losantiville, as it sure as Hell is NOT Cincinnati.
What does this mean?

Old 04-03-2015, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by progmac View Post
What does this mean?
Well if you don't recognize the original name for Cincinnati was Losantiville too bad. Just part or my objection as to who does or does not have a right to state what Cincinnati needs to be.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:40 AM

610 posts, read 800,478 times
Quote:
Well if you don't recognize the original name for Cincinnati was Losantiville too bad. Just part or my objection as to who does or does not have a right to state what Cincinnati needs to be.
Try growing up in NKY and dare saying you're from Cincinnati. Some Northern Kentuckians will call you a Benedict Arnold. You'll have people from up in places like yourself, in Warren and Butler County tell you're not a Cincinnatian. Which never made sense to me since I could see downtown from the top floor of my parents house AND could hear the fireworks after every Reds home run. 4 miles from downtown.

Full disclosure, I did try and say I was from "NKY near Cincy" 99% of the time. I remember one time I was at a beach bar in Central America wearing a Reds hat and a woman came up to me and asked if I was from Cincinnati. I told her yes, and she asked what part. I told her NKY, and I kid you not, she walked away w/o saying a word.

Sheesh....and yes, I now live in the actual city limits now.

Last edited by cincydave8; 04-03-2015 at 09:56 AM.. Reason: typos

Old 04-03-2015, 10:01 AM

42,006 posts, read 75,380,148 times
As always, Mr. Brill, your rants are entertaining, but I do wish you'd learn to read a map. Ohio 32 does not go through Milford or West Virginia. Its western terminus is near the Beechmont levee, and its eastern terminus is somewhere around Athens.

Old 04-03-2015, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
As always, Mr. Brill, your rants are entertaining, but I do wish you'd learn to read a map. Ohio 32 does not go through Milford or West Virginia. Its western terminus is near the Beechmont levee, and its eastern terminus is somewhere around Athens.
Thanks for your corrections. But to me Beechmont Levee is as close to Cincinnati as I want to get and Athens, the home of Ohio U and my ole HS girlfriend as close to WV as I need to be. Know damn good and well when I went to Athens to visit her the guys ans I would drive over to WV to buy beer late at night. So we may have stopped at the River, but please do not tell an old fart where he visited as a college rogue.

Old 04-03-2015, 10:49 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,307,963 times
Route 50, on the other hand, goes coast to coast and goes through both Milford, West Virginia, and hundreds of other towns. A few years ago I rode it East, over the Appalachians, to Washington D.C., on a small 600 cc motorcycle. That was quite a trip.

Some very good friends of mine wrote a song about route 50, and it is one of my favorite tunes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE4OMwSVrBY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: