U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-23-2015, 09:28 AM
 
178 posts, read 259,905 times
Reputation: 207

Advertisements

I may possibly be moving from Miami, FL to the Cincinatti area. I'll be working at CVG, so I'm not sure whether to live in Kentucky or Ohio. On one hand, KY would be closer to work (I hate longer commutes). On the other hand, I prefer a more urban environment. I'm not a party person or a bar-hopper, but I like the variety of shopping, restaurants, etc. that you get in an urban environment. I'd probably be renting for the first year, since I don't know the area well enough to know where I'd like to live long-term. I'd be working evenings or nights and would have a rent budget of around $1400 or so (variable depending on location, amenities, etc.) for a 1-2 bedroom apartment.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-23-2015, 01:44 PM
 
3,513 posts, read 4,321,882 times
Reputation: 1821
Try Covington and Newport!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2015, 02:56 PM
 
Location: 45237
244 posts, read 266,865 times
Reputation: 274
Definitely Kentucky.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2015, 05:08 PM
 
Location: Philaburbia
34,375 posts, read 63,605,966 times
Reputation: 57201
I'd stay in Kentucky as well. Who needs a commute longer than necessary?

Fort Mitchell and Lakeside Park are other possibilities for you - not as dense as Covington or Newport, but close to everything.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2015, 05:06 AM
 
Location: Cincinnati (Pleasant Ridge)
602 posts, read 561,798 times
Reputation: 512
Mainstresse and other parts of downtown Covington make the most sense. You can also look at downtown Cincy and Over The Rhine. Would be just as long to commute from Downtown Cincy as it would be from Newport. Boone County and most everything around the airport is sprawl, though original parts of Burlington still hold some charm.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2015, 06:35 AM
 
5,801 posts, read 9,523,206 times
Reputation: 2569
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldl5112 View Post
I may possibly be moving from Miami, FL to the Cincinatti area. I'll be working at CVG, so I'm not sure whether to live in Kentucky or Ohio. On one hand, KY would be closer to work (I hate longer commutes). On the other hand, I prefer a more urban environment. I'm not a party person or a bar-hopper, but I like the variety of shopping, restaurants, etc. that you get in an urban environment. I'd probably be renting for the first year, since I don't know the area well enough to know where I'd like to live long-term. I'd be working evenings or nights and would have a rent budget of around $1400 or so (variable depending on location, amenities, etc.) for a 1-2 bedroom apartment.
Covington or Newport, KY. Shorter drive to work and you will still have every necessity nearby in the commercial districts.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2015, 09:49 AM
 
236 posts, read 257,174 times
Reputation: 245
I'd look into Newport for sure. Covington, OTR, and downtown Cinci are other options.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2015, 07:47 PM
 
Location: In a happy place
3,825 posts, read 7,368,191 times
Reputation: 7577
Keep in mind that if you work in KY and live in OH, there will be state income tax returns to file in BOTH states.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2015, 11:59 AM
 
114 posts, read 191,985 times
Reputation: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtechno View Post
Keep in mind that if you work in KY and live in OH, there will be state income tax returns to file in BOTH states.
Not true. Ohio and Kentucky have a reciprocity agreement where if you live in OH and work in KY you only pay OH tax on your wages.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2015, 01:56 PM
 
Location: In a happy place
3,825 posts, read 7,368,191 times
Reputation: 7577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio123 View Post
Not true. Ohio and Kentucky have a reciprocity agreement where if you live in OH and work in KY you only pay OH tax on your wages.
You may only have to PAY in one state, but according to my son who lives in OH and works in KY, you still have to FILE in both states.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top