Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 10:04 PM

350 posts, read 880,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrell View Post
I sent one of my son's to St X and the 2 younger ones to Elder. Elder was a much better experience for my family. The kid's fit in much better at Elder, than my oldest did at St X. I think most of it had to do with the families at Elder came from a much more middle class / modest background than the St X families did. There were a lot of elitists and a lot more "cliques" involved at St X than there were at Elder. But this is just one person's personal experience.
Two of us went to Bacon and my youngest brother went to St. X and I believe he/we had a similar experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 11:55 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,475,197 times
We take our middle school football seriously here. Maybe not as seriously as in Texas, but sufficiently so that you son is not going to play quarterback as a walk on anywhere that has a noteworthy high school football program. His coach from Texas needs to call the school of your choice and talk him on to the team. By 7th grade, the starters at quarterback running back and receiver in a good program will have played on select teams, participated in Summer programs, and even recruited by a high school coach.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:44 AM

2,785 posts, read 6,632,773 times
Kind of an old thread lol.

Old 04-23-2010, 05:47 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,475,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavercreek33 View Post
Kind of an old thread lol.
Good point. I wonder how the little quarterback was received?

Old 04-24-2010, 05:46 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,135,904 times
What do you expect from someone who brings back an old thread and recommends Colerain, X or Elder football programs??? I'm a proud MOE MOM and I check the dates before posting a comment...

lol...all in good fun my friends, all in good fun....

Old 04-25-2010, 09:13 AM

4,888 posts, read 13,832,767 times
It's funny when a thread's revived and the TO turns out to have been the "two and gone" type too!
They probably were in a state o' shock to realize that all of Cincinnati isn't watching a HS football game and following every last player w/a shred of "promise" every Friday night. (At least not on the west side...hahaha)

BUT...I'm glad somebody brought up what I've noticed about St X and what is sadly true of all too many "elite" schools. Kids who go there get the best education money can buy. Money (and connections) make more of a difference all the time these days. And even if a school/community isn't overrun with preppie snobs in reality, the perception's enough to keep people who'd have the means to be part of it away. It can be a real toss-up in terms of going for the spirit and community of an Elder or Colerain, or the "top tier" academics of a Wyoming or St X, especially when each has a decent amount of what the other's better known for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati