Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2008, 12:07 PM

1,055 posts, read 4,135,660 times

Advertisements

Hillside, I understand the neighborhoods you grew up in are near Carthage, but Carthage is not unsafe. As far as the Kroger in Hartwell on Vine Street, it is safe as well and I have never heard of one murder there...ever. If Krogers was unsafe, it would have been shut down, instead it is used by many from Springfield Twp, Wyoming, Carthage and other surrounding neighborhoods. And I can take your guided tour but I am already familiar with those areas and still beg to differ with your views. I really dont want to debate with you any longer because I dont think either of us are going to change our positions but coming from someone who lives in the neighborhood and walks it by herself daily, I know my neighborhood and I feel I know this City rather well.
As far as the snitching comment, all I will say is that is a major problem in our City and nation wide. I dont understand why reporting things to the police is an issue to some, this is my neighborhood and if someone is doing something they shouldnt be doing, you better believe I will tell the police what they need to know to make an arrest. And if I need to go to court to testify against them, I will be there. If I would get shot or my son would get shot and people didnt want to give the police any info, I would hold those same people accountable for being a part of the crime. This "snitching" thing is crazy, we are all adults and have a responsibility to our neighborhoods, our children and the rest of society..not to those who commit the crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2008, 12:16 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,717,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillside View Post
Hey yalll,
I have credibility on this, as opposed to newcomers to the city and such. I grew up in the ghetto, so my perception is firsthand, not statistics online somewhere.
So do a lot of other people on this message board. I'm not sure why and how you come to the conclusion that you're a ball of knowledge when it comes to living in the city? Beats the hell out of me ...

Quote:
I've had a gun stuck in my face for my money. I've had the family car stolen at dawn while we're getting up ready to go to work. I've had to try to sleep through gunfire for 18 years. I've had bulletholes in my building and in the window of the room that I laid my head at night.
I've had a gun stuck in my face in Tupelo, MS ... the rest of this comment, well, just fill in the blank with ______ city.

Quote:
I've had 4 of my friends/relatives murdered in Cincinnati.

So you're saying that a fraction of the city's murders where acquaintances of your's? I'm not sure if this speaks to the city our your choice of "friends"?

Quote:
Cinci wouldn't be the 3rd poorest city, or a top ten murder city, or a city with a $74 million dollar school deficit, or a city with three million dollars to its name if it didn't have serious systematic and institutional issues.
Ok, this might be the 2nd most ridicuous thing you have said.

I'd say that about 97% of people buy houses by taking out a mortgage, why? ... Because they don't have the MONEY. Does this mean they're bad people? No, they're basing their trust/faith in building equity off the property. Forget having any money, these people are in DEBT.

Quote:
There was a major riot.

United States Race Riots:

1919: Chicago
1921: Tulsa, Oklahoma
1943: (9 cities) Detroit, New York, Los Angeles, Mobile, Philadelphia,
Indianapolis, Baltimore, St. Louis, Washington, D.C.
1946: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1946: Columbia, Tennessee
1946: Athens, Alabama
1960: Biloxi, Mississippi
1960: Jacksonville
1962: Mississippi
1965: Los Angeles
1966: Los Angeles
1966: Hough Riots, Cleveland, Ohio
1967: Detroit
1967: Newark
1968: Nationwide riots following the assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr.
1969: York, Pennsylvania
1970: Asbury Park, New Jersey
1980: Miami
1989: Miami
1992: Los Angeles
2001: Cincinnati
2---: Toledo

... Man these cities suck and are extremely dangerous. Especially LA, DC, and Philly.

Quote:
. Why do you think Cincinnati lost 100,000 people in the 90's?
It didn't. lol.

Hillside, I don't know what cave or hole you live(d) in, but you sure as hell need to get out. Nothing that you've mentioned is specific to Cincinnati and you are definitely running with the wrong crowd.

Old 03-25-2008, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartwell Girl View Post
Hillside, I understand the neighborhoods you grew up in are near Carthage, but Carthage is not unsafe. As far as the Kroger in Hartwell on Vine Street, it is safe as well and I have never heard of one murder there...ever. If Krogers was unsafe, it would have been shut down, instead it is used by many from Springfield Twp, Wyoming, Carthage and other surrounding neighborhoods. And I can take your guided tour but I am already familiar with those areas and still beg to differ with your views. I really dont want to debate with you any longer because I dont think either of us are going to change our positions but coming from someone who lives in the neighborhood and walks it by herself daily, I know my neighborhood and I feel I know this City rather well.
As far as the snitching comment, all I will say is that is a major problem in our City and nation wide. I dont understand why reporting things to the police is an issue to some, this is my neighborhood and if someone is doing something they shouldnt be doing, you better believe I will tell the police what they need to know to make an arrest. And if I need to go to court to testify against them, I will be there. If I would get shot or my son would get shot and people didnt want to give the police any info, I would hold those same people accountable for being a part of the crime. This "snitching" thing is crazy, we are all adults and have a responsibility to our neighborhoods, our children and the rest of society..not to those who commit the crime.

Exactly, I think with the "snitching" statement credibility may be out tha window.

Old 03-25-2008, 12:32 PM

1,071 posts, read 4,452,854 times
cincy rise,

you are being very disrespectful to me and the people i love that were killed, all the while assuming they were involved in something wrong and you know no background. hell, you don't even know how they were killed. and snitching is a crime where i'm from; you're socially alienated for life and forever a target. snitches get killed. the police have all the resources. let them earn their salary and solve a case. i'm not going to address you anymore on this because you showed how spiteful, ignorant and callous you really are.

Old 03-25-2008, 12:33 PM

What do you mean Cincy-Rise about the snitching credibility?

And Hillside, Snitching is not a crime anywhere, it is a choice people make to not get involved. Police or not, it is up to a community and its residents to do whatever they can to deter crime from their communities.

Old 03-25-2008, 12:45 PM

710 posts, read 3,046,153 times
Actually failure to snitch most likely is a crime: obstruction of justice

Old 03-25-2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlrosen View Post
That is good to hear from someone other than myself...thanks.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartwell Girl View Post
What do you mean Cincy-Rise about the snitching credibility?
What I mean is that I think Hillside contradicts himself when he complains about crime, but yet he is against "snitching".

Old 03-25-2008, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillside View Post
cincy rise,

you are being very disrespectful to me and the people i love that were killed, all the while assuming they were involved in something wrong and you know no background. hell, you don't even know how they were killed. and snitching is a crime where i'm from; you're socially alienated for life and forever a target. snitches get killed. the police have all the resources. let them earn their salary and solve a case. i'm not going to address you anymore on this because you showed how spiteful, ignorant and callous you really are.

Hell, you are disrespecting yourself and the people that were killed or hurt by failing to "snitch".

Old 03-25-2008, 01:10 PM

93 posts, read 247,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlrosen View Post
No. "Obstruction of Justice" means actively interfering with or subverting an judicial investigation or a court proceeding.

"A criminal offense that involves interference, through words or actions, with the proper operations of a court or officers of the court"

obstruction of justice: Definition and Much More from Answers.com

Unless subpoenaed, you have no obligation to answer any questions whatsoever or come forward with information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati