Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2008, 03:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,830 times

Advertisements

We (my husband and I) are looking for a house not more than 150K and not more than 15 minutes drive from UC as both of us work there. We have a kid who will be attending school in 2 years so we have to keep the school district also in mind. Any suggestions where to look for? We looked at Finney town, Mt. airy, cheviot, and Bridgetown, but have no idea about any of these areas. We r basically first-time homebuyers and looking for a nice and safe eighbourhood for our kid. Any suggestions will be of great help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 06:49 PM

2,539 posts, read 2,859,085 times
I live in Finneytown and think it's a great to place to live. It's 10-15 minutes from UC and you won't have to use the highway. The schools are solid at every level and are among the most diverse in the area. It's a tight-knit community, the people are very friendly and there's little crime in most areas (a few streets I'd avoid but no place is perfect). But what makes Finneytown great is its central location. It's 15 minutes or less from 4 malls/major shopping areas and downtown.

Cheviot and Mt. Airy are both in the Cincinnati Public School District so I wouldn't take the chance and I'd avoid those areas, especially Mt. Airy since it is Cincinnati's fastest deteriorating neighborhood since 1970.

From what I've heard Bridgetown is nice and it's in one of the county's best school districts, Oak Hills, but I don't think the area has the sense of community that Finneytown does.

Good luck with your search!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati