Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 01:25 PM

5 posts, read 27,213 times

Advertisements

Don't leave out the mason area either. Only a 20 minute or so drive to downtown, and has lots of nice apartments and condos. At $1100, nantucket in the mason/loveland area is a great spot for the young single looking to impress. Other than that, I would say hyde park, mt. lookout area are both great spots. Northern kentucky, a little ways down 471, is a great place if you want to be a little closer to downtown and newport on the levee but keep the suburb type feel to your living area.

Really as long you steer clear of over the rhine, anywhere from around exit 3 on north 71 and up to kings island would be a fine fit for a young single professional wanting to enjoy the night life. No matter where you go it's never more than 20 minutes or so from where your going to home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2008, 08:28 PM

257 posts, read 606,449 times
For $1100/mo you could find something in Mt. Adams w/parking and I think you'd be happiest there from what you described. I found a place in Mt. Adams that had a parking space for $750ish/month that would have even let me keep my dog there. I chose to live downtown however, due to the diversity of the population there.

Hyde Park and Mt. Lookout wouldn't be bad though, Mt. Lookout I think is just a great neighborhood but I think for a social scene Mt. Adams would be better for ya. Try contacting Ken at Paradrome Square Properties, 513-861-1000. He seemed like a decent guy when he was showing me around and I would have rented from them if I didn't go downtown. The apt. I was talking about in Mt. Adams was just around the corner from the Blind Lemon.

-Amie

Old 04-02-2008, 12:12 AM

2,204 posts, read 6,694,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavemakersdj View Post
Really as long you steer clear of over the rhine
I'm a stones throw away from OTR and don't have any issues.

Old 04-03-2008, 05:32 PM

156 posts, read 629,156 times
Thumbs up Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Newcomer, if you're working downtown you can walk to work from Mt. Adams. Parking wouldn't be an issue at all! Depending on where you rent, parking may be a part of your package. It depends on the property. Would you need a car during the day?

You initially asked about preppy-type places, which is why a lot of people recommended Hyde Park. It is more of a walk-your-kid's-stroller-to-the-coffee-shop kind of place than Mt. Adams. But there are people of all age groups in Hyde Park.
Wow you must be in good shape OH Girl... that's one heck of a walk up and down that hill... and it sure ain't short! PROPS! I can barely walk from Alive One up to the church.... argh

Old 04-03-2008, 08:42 PM

30 posts, read 136,089 times
I used to make that downtown to Mt Adams walk. It depends entirely on how you approach the hill, but it is a workout. Since I worked on 7th street I took the steeper approach, and less traveled over the ped bridge. *sigh* that was good year, 1998, my rent was $450 for a tiny apt. Great place to party as a recent grad, but I could only last one year there. Been in Ky ever since.

Old 04-25-2008, 07:42 PM

1 posts, read 3,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler87 View Post
I know I may not live in Cincinnati, but I do know the area very well. I actually tried to get into UOC, but the courses there were different from what I expected, plus Kent was closer. I have plenty of friends in the Cincy Metro too.

I know Covington and Newport offer nothing behind the riverfront, that is a given right there, all you need to do is see for yourself. Beyond that I found eastern Kentucky to be highly unemployed, and lots of poverty. I know Covington and Newport are part of the Cincy metro, but it is NOT OHIO. I even noticed people in Kentucky wanted their own forum to start for NKY.

Ohio and Kentucky have completely different values and views. The instant you cross the border you might not see it, but 30 minutes down the freeway I saw huge differances.
You are ridiculous. People are people no matter where you are! What makes YOU think Ohio is so much better than Kentucky? I can't believe you're so opinionated when YOU DON'T EVEN LIVE IN CINCINNATI!!!!!!!

Old 04-25-2008, 08:52 PM

310 posts, read 1,204,906 times
Default Kentucky vs Ohio

Don't rule out Kentucky as bumpkins......lol. Are you considering condo vs. home...or renting? Ludlow has Rivers Breeze which is a great condo complex only minutes from downtown Cincinnati. You get a pool overlooking the river and Cincinnati............affordable prices. Depending on what kind of living your are leaning towards both Ohio and Kentucky have some great communites.

Old 04-29-2008, 04:12 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,873,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxysinger View Post
You are ridiculous. People are people no matter where you are! What makes YOU think Ohio is so much better than Kentucky? I can't believe you're so opinionated when YOU DON'T EVEN LIVE IN CINCINNATI!!!!!!!

Please don't attack me for expressing my opinion. That is what this site is meant for, I just expressed it.

Old 04-29-2008, 06:03 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,694,203 times
Quote:
I find Covington to be very attractive and I did find Newport to be attractive as well, but after living there for a year, I was out.

I am white and I found myself surrounded by white people, not a comfortable setting to me personally. After doing a little research, I found that Blue Ash, OH (upper-class Cincy Suburb) was more racially diverse than Newport.

The demographics for NKY is what separate NKY and Cincy. Is there a common mindset that NKYians have? I don't know, but one has to ask themselves, why is the area composed of almost all white people?

Old 04-29-2008, 09:03 PM

137 posts, read 446,737 times
Default Exactly what I was just thinking...

Quote:
Amen!!! I was thinking exactly the same thing when I was reading his posts. Where does he get off saying these things about our region when he doesn't even live here!?! I don't understand why people think they are experts on areas where they don't even live and for what we know, have never lived? I just don't understand his logic. I guess I never will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati