Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 10:03 PM

2,126 posts, read 6,787,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
I'd agree with that, but the fact is ... a lot of suburbanites' perception of crime/city is driven by race, do you disagree? The same with any major city.

The funny thing about NKY, is that the entire region is made up of almost all whites?

When I'm in Florence, I'm quick to defend Covington's side. I hate hearing people that live in Florence complain about it, because I think it's the jewel of NKY, IMO.

Maybe this can help our discussion ...

Here's the breakdown: Whites:

Alexandria - 99%
Ft. Thomas - 98%
Bellevue - 98%
Villa Hills - 98%
Dayton - 98%
Florence - 94%
Newport - 92%
Covington - 87%

RuralGuy, thanks for your honest & educated responses!
Race does play a factor. However, income/poverty level plays a bigger factor IMO. Newport and Covington generally have been considered areas where the poor of NKY live. This has been changing as of late, but still the wealthier areas are still places like Ft Thomas, Ft Mitchell and Park Hills. Why are there few blacks in NKY? I don't know. But you are definitely right, places like Ft Thomas are as white as anyplace in the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2008, 06:20 AM
QCP

185 posts, read 522,340 times
Quote:
I am white and I found myself surrounded by white people, not a comfortable setting to me personally. After doing a little research, I found that Blue Ash, OH (upper-class Cincy Suburb) was more racially diverse than Newport.

The demographics for NKY is what separate NKY and Cincy. Is there a common mindset that NKYians have? I don't know, but one has to ask themselves, why is the area composed of almost all white people?
I am curious, what is the racial breakdown of OTR. Do you have any stats you could share? Thanks.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:19 AM

2,204 posts, read 6,704,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QCP View Post
I am curious, what is the racial breakdown of OTR. Do you have any stats you could share? Thanks.
I will try, but it will be a little harder since OTR isn't a municipality and the other two are. You'll have to give me some time.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:07 AM
QCP

185 posts, read 522,340 times
Quote:
I will try, but it will be a little harder since OTR isn't a municipality and the other two are. You'll have to give me some time.
Don't worry about it. I just thought you might have the stats handy. No big deal. The most recent stats I could find was from 1997 and they stated that about 70% of the OTR population was black. By a guess, would you consider that number to still be accurate. My perception is that the number would currently be significantly higher than 70%. Any thoughts?

Old 05-08-2008, 09:10 AM

710 posts, read 3,038,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QCP View Post
Don't worry about it. I just thought you might have the stats handy. No big deal. The most recent stats I could find was from 1997 and they stated that about 70% of the OTR population was black. By a guess, would you consider that number to still be accurate. My perception is that the number would currently be significantly higher than 70%. Any thoughts?
Just going by 2000 census tract info, none of the five census tracks in OTR are over 84% and none are under 61% African American, so 70% is probably pretty close

Old 06-14-2010, 06:29 PM

3 posts, read 6,124 times
Cincinnati is one big **** hole,you got to live damn near in the next county,or really in the next county to find a decent place or area to live.If your a college student,a bar/club hopper,gay,work in law inforcement or some form of the legal process,COP,probation officer,judge,attorney,etc then Cincinnati is a cool little city.Maybe your catholic with money so you can afford to put your kids in catholic school.Not many private schools though.The rest of the citys people basically get ****ted on by the county and state.Got child molesters from all over the state sent here to be housed.Where do they stay?,in the poor peoples neighborhoods,which is most of true Cincinnati.Plus Cincinnati has the highest s.t.d. count in the state.Look it up.We truely are the Nasty Nati!The crime rate is horrible and has been,the news don't really show what goes on here,This is no city for familys,it never will be,it's one big ***** hole getting ****ed by its own county,state,plus n.kentucky,s.indiana.Oh yeah it's spreading to,just stop city to city up 75 n all the way up and out of ohio to flint mich.You can't bull**** people about Cincinnati,but while I look out the window and see the skyline of cincinnati from ghetto ass Price Hill.Slowly saving my money to get me and my kid the hell out of here.I wonder who in there right mind really wants to stay here,or doesn't see how trashy this whole area is.Ever met a racsist white guy with gold teeth,that honestly claims to be a republican and conservative,plus uses and sells drugs and his kids depend on a welfare check and a drunk for a mom?That's a normal person in Cincinnati,lol,I grew up down the street from him.NASTY NATI!

Old 06-16-2010, 10:37 AM

3,336 posts, read 6,925,346 times
the post above is wild. can it be a sticky?

Old 06-16-2010, 03:31 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,962,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by progmac View Post
the post above is wild. can it be a sticky?
A great idea. Then the next time somebody like that guy from New York shows up, we can just quote and re-quote the post. Should keep the riff-raff out even better than the winters in North Dakota. hahah!

Old 06-16-2010, 04:09 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,771,487 times
I'll admit, I'm not a huge fan of Greater Cincinnati and I'm looking to leave. But...Adam513's post is loco!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati