Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2016, 03:13 PM

2 posts, read 6,443 times

Advertisements

I live in Florida now and miss LaRosa's Steak Hoagies. I went on CincyFavorites to order and the only thing they have now is Meatball Hoagie Kits. Down here, a steak hoagie is just like Penn Station. Does anyone know where I can have them shipped from??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2016, 08:36 PM

3,968 posts, read 8,498,163 times
Check this site. LaRosa's | Larosa's Steak Hoagy | LaRosa's Hoagy Combo | cincy2u.com

Old 10-28-2016, 02:40 PM

266 posts, read 271,476 times
I love LaRosa's Steak Hoagies, but my favorites are from Angilos.

Angilos Pizza - Pizza, Hoagies, and Dinners

Old 10-28-2016, 03:04 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,975,677 times
Richards in Fairfield and Hamilton ships theirs, I believe. They're good.

Old 10-29-2016, 11:22 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,336,832 times
I prefer Richards, myself.

As far as shipped sandwiches, La Rosa's kit just comes with the steak, sauce, and bun. You have to supply your own cheese and onions. The cost is rather high per sandwich. After shipping it is over $10 per, and as as said, that is without cheese and onions.

Richard's only ships sandwiches during the Winter. You order starting in November for a January delivery. The kits come with all the ingredients (except cheese? Not sure). I couldn't find the price on the website.

Either one seems like an expensive hassle. I'll just wait till the next time I am there. But if you are not going to be anywhere near SW Ohio for a while, at least you have options.

Old 10-30-2016, 08:23 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,462,852 times
I find LaRosa's inedible. Pizza, hoagies, meatballs, the whole menu. And, a JTM? What is that? I'd hate to even guess. It doesn't taste like actual meat to me.

This is really simple. Find an actual bakery. Buy a hoagie bum. Get a nice canned red sauce (I like Al Dente which we get in a 128 oz can for $10). Saute up some onions and peppers. Cheese if you must. Skillet fry a square of ground round, salted. Place on bun, add onions, peppers and red sauce. Enjoy an actual meal with real ingredients.

EDIT!!!

I promised myself that if I stopped back here now and then I would be a kinder, gentler Wilson. Perhaps the above is a little intolerant.

Let me try again.

I think it is the memory of what once was that creates the nostalgia for LaRosa's products. They were once upon a time, good. I used to go up to the Italian Inn up on Boudinot because I heard that Buddy LaRosa kept his hand on the wheel up there. It did seem better. But really, today, LaRosa's is just Pizza Hut or Dominos without the stuffed cheese crust, IMO.

Every town has a good pizzeria, you just need to find it.

Best of luck!

W

Last edited by Wilson513; 10-30-2016 at 09:11 AM..

Old 10-30-2016, 12:35 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,172,111 times
^ Nah, you were right the first time. LaRosa's is pretty much low-grade dog food.

Old 10-30-2016, 04:08 PM

6,334 posts, read 11,079,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
^ Nah, you were right the first time. LaRosa's is pretty much low-grade dog food.
Compared to other Italian chain's the food ain't that bad. Comparing it to the small mom and pop Italian eateries is unfair since they cater to two different type's of clientele.

I recently purchased a jar of the La Rosa's pasta sauce to try it out. Decent flavor though it is too strong for my taste buds. I watered it down with a 28 oz can of Organic crushed tomatoes and simmered them together for an hour along with some home made Italian meatballs from a recipe that Emeril has online. Turned out to be an excellent combination of flavors after combining all of the above.

At least La Rosa's sauce is all natural. I didn't have to deal with MSG poisoning after eating it. Something that is common when I eat out at a lot of restaurants including some that are not national chains. Even some small independently owned eateries use MSG in some of their food and I know it within an hour of eating the stuff.

Old 10-31-2016, 08:34 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,975,677 times
I don't really remember LaRosa's from growing up here in the 50s and 60. Dunno how long they' em actually been around. I think their food is pretty mediocre, but two things they get absolutely right are the comfort of their customers as far as restaurant layout, seating, lighting, etc. And I've never once had anything except courteous, efficient service in any of their stores. I believe those attributes, plus the nostalgia factor, are what keeps them going.

Agree that mailing hoagies seems like a lot of trouble but a craving is a craving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati