Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2016, 08:10 AM

3,530 posts, read 5,019,829 times

Advertisements

From the Cincinnati Business Journal:
* http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2016/12/09/kroger-to-hire-600-greater-cincinnati-workers.html

From the Cincinnati Enquirer:
* Kroger hiring fair today to fill 600 jobs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2016, 01:37 PM

6,334 posts, read 11,079,567 times
They seem to be looking for people frequently. If my commute to my job in Indy becomes too much I may get in touch with Kroger to see about working there. I've always enjoyed shopping in their stores and the service I receive, even in Indy Kroger stores, is always fine.

Old 12-12-2016, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
They seem to be looking for people frequently...
Yes, they are - as is any other employer who hires for positions that do not require a certain knowledge base and/or skill level. In other words, general labor employees create high turnover due to a number of factors. On the positive side, Kroger does well in attracting young people (many who move up into management positions) and in hiring the mentally handicapped (most who would be unemployed otherwise). In fact, in 1978 Kroger's own CEO, Rodney McMullen, began his career with the company as a part-time stock clerk in his local store.

Old 12-17-2016, 09:17 PM

205 posts, read 983,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
Yes, they are - as is any other employer who hires for positions that do not require a certain knowledge base and/or skill level. In other words, general labor employees create high turnover due to a number of factors. On the positive side, Kroger does well in attracting young people (many who move up into management positions) and in hiring the mentally handicapped (most who would be unemployed otherwise). In fact, in 1978 Kroger's own CEO, Rodney McMullen, began his career with the company as a part-time stock clerk in his local store.
My daughter started working there when she was 15.

It was a great opportunity for her and she continues to work there during Summers and Winter Breaks from college.

The store she works at is huge and recently got Clicklist.

Thanks, Barney, you should be proud!

Old 12-30-2016, 07:38 AM

3,222 posts, read 4,567,541 times
LOL...sounds good, doesn't it? Thing is, Kroger is constantly hiring because they can't keep good employees due to poor wages, erratic scheduling, and poor employee support. So yes, they do ''hiring events'' constantly. Yet go into any Kroger store and you will find most operating on a skeleton crew. Been on the inside and it's a mess.

Old 12-30-2016, 07:50 PM

6,334 posts, read 11,079,567 times
I've worked in grocery stores in restaurants in the past. Hard work. Not for everyone unless you really enjoy working with food in some manner.

Old 01-01-2017, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
LOL...sounds good, doesn't it? Thing is, Kroger is constantly hiring because they can't keep good employees due to poor wages, erratic scheduling, and poor employee support. So yes, they do ''hiring events'' constantly. Yet go into any Kroger store and you will find most operating on a skeleton crew. Been on the inside and it's a mess.
I cannot dispute your experiences in your Kroger stores; nor can I identify with your perspective as an "insider". I can, however, share my positive experiences as a Kroger customer through the years at multiple Kroger stores in Cincinnati, Springboro and Middletown, Ohio.

I don't recall ever being in a store that was not adequately staffed; in fact, most stores appear to maintain an abundance of help in all areas e.g. cashiers, baggers, stock help, etc. Also, the wait for help in specialty areas such as floral, deli, bakery and meats hasn't been needlessly long. Further, when requiring assistance in locating an item, I've seldom had to go far before finding an employee to direct or lead me to that item.

Additionally, during my lengthy time as a regular Kroger shopper, I've become well acquainted with many Kroger employees who have remained with the company for years and express job satisfaction.

Old 01-01-2017, 11:05 AM

800 posts, read 950,505 times
I worked at Kroger for a summer when I was 18. If there are 50 people working at a store, only about 7 of them have any clue what is going on. I seem to remember that the management wasn't union and so there was conflict between the store workers and the store managers for that reason alone.

If you have a teenager who needs to make money, they will make much more money waiting tables or delivering pizza than working at Kroger or any retail job. In today's money everyone working for tips in those realms is making $15/hr+ after taxes whereas most working retail in Ohio are luckily to be making $10/hr gross. So you're making twice as much money for jobs that aren't really any more difficult.

Old 01-05-2017, 11:09 PM

108 posts, read 120,474 times
I hope they add a few newbies to the Tylersville Rd store. The lines to check out are just plain silly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati