Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 05:27 AM

224 posts, read 297,079 times

Advertisements

There isn't anyplace I can think of between Norwood and Finneytown where I'd be willing to live. It's mostly bad neighborhoods between the two places. So I agree with others who recommended the Oakley area. I'd think you can find a decent 2BR apartment there for $1,300.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2017, 06:02 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,975,677 times
You might consider the Gantry or the American Can Lofts in Northside. From there it's quick and easy to get on Winton Rd and go north to Finneytown, or to get on I-75 to the Norwood Lateral highway and go east to Norwood. The Gantry is brand new, and the lofts are just a few years old. Not sure about price range, though. As others have said, it doesn't snow all that often around here. From the Northside area this would be highway driving, and you could expect these roads to be quickly salted and cleared after a snowfall.

Old 02-04-2017, 06:28 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,462,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit Toy View Post
There isn't anyplace I can think of between Norwood and Finneytown where I'd be willing to live. It's mostly bad neighborhoods between the two places. So I agree with others who recommended the Oakley area. I'd think you can find a decent 2BR apartment there for $1,300.

One does not need to live between them. Finneytown, White Oak, College Hill Grosbeck, Mt. Airy all have nice apartment complexes and the commute is Center hill to Paddock to Tennessee into Norwood. Nothing could be easier. Just like I said above.

sarah's suggestion of Northside is creative. Maybe that would include Machine Flats at 3301 Colerain. Very nice apartment complex for persons w/o children.

Old 02-04-2017, 07:43 AM

3,530 posts, read 5,019,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
One does not need to live between them. Finneytown, White Oak, College Hill Grosbeck, Mt. Airy all have nice apartment complexes and the commute is Center hill to Paddock to Tennessee into Norwood. Nothing could be easier. Just like I said above.
A careful reading and appreciation of the OP's entire statement will inform you that her boyfriend's commute to a job in Finneytown is not a concern because he's accustomed to longer commutes under a variety of driving conditions.

The primary concern is for the OP, who made it known that she's not comfortable driving long distances, especially in unpleasant and potentially dangerous weather conditions. Given these factors and her own job location in Norwood, none of your recommendations quoted above are advisable.

Old 02-04-2017, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
A careful reading and appreciation of the OP's entire statement will inform you that her boyfriend's commute to a job in Finneytown is not a concern because he's accustomed to longer commutes under a variety of driving conditions.

The primary concern is for the OP, who made it known that she's not comfortable driving long distances, especially in unpleasant and potentially dangerous weather conditions. Given these factors and her own job location in Norwood, none of your recommendations quoted above are advisable.

You think that because you have not driven regularly from North Bend and Center Hill to Norwood as I have. It might ba 10 minute commute. Let's hear what the OP says about a 10 minute commute to Norwood.

And, what part of Oakley would you have her look at? the new Oakley Station/Sams Club complex?

Old 02-04-2017, 08:14 AM

3,513 posts, read 5,156,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
What an outlandish recommendation to the OP, who clearly stated, in red...
I am moving due to a job change. My new job is in Norwood and my boyfriend got a job in Finneytown.
We'd like to live somewhere between the 2 locations.
Did you even read this person's request before making such a terrible suggestion?!

Ohhh man.... thank you motorperson am I gonna have some fun with this!

There's something wedged up there, it's probably long and cylindrical.
It's causing a bad case of "outlandish" (your term, not mine) outbursts
Use some lube to get it out.
I recommend KY jelly, it's specifically marketed to a certain segment that might have personal appeal....

(and friends, that's how you do it without getting a suspension )
___

Enough of the jokes (that was fun though!)

The OP very CLEARLY said between, which Springdale is.
It is east of Finneytownn, west of Norwood.
This isn't rocket science...

To everyone who has commented,
There is an entire world out there, experience it sometime.
We are provincial and back a$$ward as heck around here, I'll throw myself in that population, but man is it showing from the stupidity in this thread.
You morons are making Cincy the laughingstock of the nation.

I bet Yac is either getting a kick out of it or hates you all....

We are all going to die anyways so let's have some fun in the process, no?
Why so serious?
Why the hate?

Give the OP your recommendations, and then cool it.
If you have qualms with an idea, first question WHY you have issues with, then give FACTS to debate it.
Don't cluck around the henhouse, peck the other chickens and act like the rooster that's going to be tonight's dinner.
Because we all know what happens to that chicken.
Again, this is not hard to do.
So do it!
(selective capitalization used to appeal to the Trumpette crowd, whom seems to love it)

Old 02-04-2017, 09:44 AM

I think that SWOH may have something to contribute - in Dayton. Cincinnati? Not so much.

SWOH - there is a Dayton forum. Please find it.

Old 02-04-2017, 10:16 AM

5 posts, read 5,392 times
Default Thank you

Thank you to everyone who took the time to respond. I've written down all of the places you recommended and will be visiting all of them.

You gave us some great ideas that we never would have thought of (Blue Ash, checking out Northside, Machine Flats, etc). I'll also take a very, very close look at Oakley.

I've been very apprehensive about this move (because of the snow), but if the locals are half as nice as you guys I'll be in very good hands.

Old 02-04-2017, 10:53 AM

3,530 posts, read 5,019,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
I think that SWOH may have something to contribute - in Dayton. Cincinnati? Not so much.

SWOH - there is a Dayton forum. Please find it.
Agreed. If the OP and her boyfriend dare follow this guy's leads, they're just liable to find themselves touring apartments off of Mad River Road in Centerville or Far Hills Avenue in Oakwood.

Last edited by motorman; 02-04-2017 at 11:03 AM..

Old 02-04-2017, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahitian Moon View Post
Thank you to everyone who took the time to respond. I've written down all of the places you recommended and will be visiting all of them.

You gave us some great ideas that we never would have thought of (Blue Ash, checking out Northside, Machine Flats, etc). I'll also take a very, very close look at Oakley.

I've been very apprehensive about this move (because of the snow), but if the locals are half as nice as you guys I'll be in very good hands.

You'll love it here. The snow only stays for a day or two when it comes. And, you can call in sick or stranded like everyone else does. They close the schools if two flakes fall on the same spot. The weather is so much better than Houston. We might have a half dozen hot humid days in August that will remind you of home, but wat until you see what Spring is like here!!!

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati