Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 02:25 PM

53 posts, read 70,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalamanderSmile View Post
Live in Wyoming and don't worry about schools. Live in a tiny box in Mariemont with a longer commute and don't worry about schools. Live in a bigger box in Madeira and don't worry about schools.
Salamander and anyone else who may know this - why do you get a smaller box in Mariemont than Madeira for the same price? Is it more desirable than Madeira? I haven't seen much available in Mariemont. A lot more available right now in Madiera but not sure if one area is better than the other. The commute on paper when I map it looks about the same from both areas. I'll be driving too and from work during rush hour mainly so I'm sure it can be different but google maps tells me it's about the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2017, 05:24 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,977,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
Has Fort Thomas KY been mentioned?

No, although I mentioned Beechwood SD on his earlier thread. There was no indication at that time he was interested in anything across the river, though.

Old 03-30-2017, 05:40 PM

Here's some new construction in one of the areas you've already written off. The interstate access from this part of town is excellent and regardless of your route, I'd guess your commute would be realistically well under a half hour. Admittedly there's a down side in that although the neighborhood elementary school may be okay (I'm not sure), the Northwest District has its share of problems. Not on the level with Cincinnati Public, but nothing to write home about, either If I could work a private or parochial school angle, I'd probably be settling my family into this in a heartbeat.

https://www.sibcycline.com/Listing/C...t-Hts-OH-45247

Old 03-30-2017, 06:46 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,475,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Perry View Post
No, although I mentioned Beechwood SD on his earlier thread. There was no indication at that time he was interested in anything across the river, though.

Personally, if I worked in Clifton and could not live in HP or MtL I would seriously consider Fort Thomas or Ft. Mitchell. You're reference to Beechwood was a good lead. Maybe not up to Wyoming standards, but better than most public schools in Ham Co.

Old 03-30-2017, 10:58 PM

800 posts, read 950,919 times
Quote:
the Northwest District has its share of problems
By problems you mean black people. That's what you mean so just say it out loud.

I went to Northwest public schools for several years, I have a cousin at Colerain High School right now. My dad was on the NW school board for a few years. All you white east siders need to get over yourselves.

Old 03-31-2017, 05:44 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,475,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmecklenborg View Post
By problems you mean black people. . . . .

I don't think you should attribute problems in the Northwest School District to persons of color.

I think that district is about as white as they come around these parts. On the other hand, the population out there has opted to not support its school levies. This is a problem in that older homeowners like you mentioned voted against levies and then split.

On the other hand, eastsiders embraced their neighborhoods and although it took a long time, eventually the schools got better.

Old 03-31-2017, 06:25 AM

649 posts, read 816,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Investor001 View Post
Salamander and anyone else who may know this - why do you get a smaller box in Mariemont than Madeira for the same price? Is it more desirable than Madeira? I haven't seen much available in Mariemont. A lot more available right now in Madiera but not sure if one area is better than the other. The commute on paper when I map it looks about the same from both areas. I'll be driving too and from work during rush hour mainly so I'm sure it can be different but google maps tells me it's about the same.
There is a big gap in the market in Mariemont between $350-600. It is crazy. You can stick to the low end and live small in 1200-1500sqft. In Madeira there is a much wider array of price points because it is bigger. I think Mariemont is more desireable but that is based on my values and assessment.

Old 03-31-2017, 07:16 AM

113 posts, read 276,301 times
I think Mariemont was more desirable, and might very well still be. As I stated in the Madeira thread, there is a huge boom going on in Madeira and I'd imagine the two will be very similar in the coming years for housing prices. Mariemont might have more of a classic look to it because the older homes have probably been remodeled and not torn down (because they were more valuable). You really can't go wrong with either and I suggest just walking around the two towns to get a feel for them. Same with Wyoming. My knock on Wyoming when we looked at houses was it felt like it was an island. The surrounding areas didn't feel great, and that's why we gravitated to the east side.

Old 03-31-2017, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmecklenborg View Post
By problems you mean black people. That's what you mean so just say it out loud.

I went to Northwest public schools for several years, I have a cousin at Colerain High School right now. My dad was on the NW school board for a few years. All you white east siders need to get over yourselves.
As usual, you have no idea what I mean and you continue to articulate your lies about me and others on this forum in an offensive manner. Your postings disgust me.

And please allow me to clarify: although I'm indeed white, I'm also a Colerain HS grad and live on the west side. I'll stand by my contention that the OP can do better in terms of an area school district than Northwest. For the purposes of this thread, I see no point into delving into the reasons why it is what it is. If YOU wish to assume there's a racial basis for this, knock yourself out.

Last edited by Sarah Perry; 03-31-2017 at 08:11 AM..

Old 03-31-2017, 08:11 AM

2,206 posts, read 3,296,502 times
Quote:
As usual, you have no idea what I mean and you continue to articulate your lies about me and others on this forum in an offensive manner. Your postings disgust me.

And please allow me to clarify: although I'm indeed white, I'm also a Colerain HS grad and live on the west side. I'll stand by my contention that the OP can do better in terms of an area school district than Northwest. For the purposes of this thread, I see no point into delving into the reasons why it is what it is. If YOU wish to assume there's a racial basis for this, knock yourself out.
SP, you've got your head on straight & a large brain within it ... you go, woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati