Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 05:15 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,462,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedsBengalsFan View Post
. . . .

. . . I'm not even picky when it comes to looks, as I roughly find 80 percent of women in my age range(Let's say 20-29 years old) attractive enough to date. Even with women in their 30's, I find most of them physically attractive. Heck, I even find some 40, and 50 year old women attractive. I'm just a very horny guy with a sexual appetite which compares to the appetite of an alligator.
Ouch!

I think we are getting to the "root" of the problem.

How about it ladies? Are you gonna fix up the sports fan with your pretty little niece or the girl who works in your office?

I'm thinking Thailand would be a good spot.

Old 04-24-2017, 07:17 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,751,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
Ouch!

I think we are getting to the "root" of the problem.

How about it ladies? Are you gonna fix up the sports fan with your pretty little niece or the girl who works in your office?

I'm thinking Thailand would be a good spot.
Upper Norway, Finland....

Old 04-24-2017, 08:31 AM

1,348 posts, read 791,557 times
Wilson - you are funny! And have a handy way of "sizing up" an issue.

Old 04-24-2017, 08:48 AM

610 posts, read 796,395 times
Quote:
Are you a Millennial, or have friends who are? Because the only males in my generation who get women like "rockstars" are the high social status, and wealthy men. I have came across some middle-aged "losers", so to speak, who have had several women.

I used to sing in choir, and I like to dance(I'm a jack-of-all trades type), but I would love to learn how to play an instrument! I would be interested to play the drums more than anything else.
Umm...right, I'm a millennial and these broad statements about young women only liking "rockstars" is absurd and maybe even sexist.

My wife and I started dating a few months after I got home from 2 years in the Peace Corps. I was making $11.00/hour working in the Kroger building mailroom, drove a Toyota Corolla without any hubcabs and the passenger door didn't open, and I was obviously living paycheck to paycheck but none of that mattered because she was not superficial and I made her laugh and treated her with respect and we had plenty of things in common.

Post #18 by Wilson should have been the end of this thread.

Search facebook or reddit, find some group meet ups that you're into and meet some girls. Treat them with respect, be funny and confident. Things will happen.

Old 04-24-2017, 05:10 PM

6,334 posts, read 11,079,567 times
RedsBengalsFan. Have you thought about a Personal Flirtation Device? Aka a Inflate a Mate? Either that or you probably should start hanging out in bars which are notorious for sleazy patrons. Wilson appears to be right in his assessment of you in his most recent post.

Old 04-24-2017, 05:57 PM

800 posts, read 950,505 times
Quote:
Allow me to elaborate my situation here.

I'm 26 years old, and I was born, and have lived in Hamilton, Ohio my entire life. For anyone who doesn't know, it's a medium size city which is about 30 miles north of Cincinnati, so I've always been in the same Metro area my entire life. With this being said, I have ventured all over the area-From counties such as Warren, Clermont, Hamilton(Right in Cincinnati), Butler, Preble, Kentucky, and Indiana. Right now, I'm a licensed teacher, but I'm substitute teaching full time, PLUS, working an additional 15 hours a week at Menard's.

I've still never had a girlfriend, dated, or had any form of sex. I can't help but think this area of Ohio is flat out terrible for dating. I'm not the only one who has mentioned this-I know many other people who agree the people around here are closed minded, asocial, and picky.

Even though we seem to be a society which avoids face-to-face interaction, especially in my lame generation, it seems to be worse in this particular area. I've tried everything-From online dating, to dating apps, to venues. I was involved in clubs, and sports in my Jr. high, and high school years, and never had any lucky. I was involved in the Miami University campuses in Hamilton, and Oxford(AKA prudes), and never had any luck in college. It's nearly impossible to even begin a conversation with Millennial women these days, as they're either sucked into their cell phones, or blow you off as a "creeper" without getting a chance. In case you're wondering, I'm not the least bit picky-I am open to probably 85 percent(give or take) to women under the age of 30(And even over 30, I like them that old too). As a matter of fact, I find a lot of women 40, and over attractive as well.

-I don't travel much, but I have had more positive responses during my vacation travels, especially in the southeastern portion of Ohio.
-I have noticed women in their mid 30's, or older seem to be more open. This may be due to the fact they don't get near as much male attention as they used to, or it could be due to their sexual prime days.
-Perhaps, if I move, I can also move to a place with an abundance of teaching jobs, so I can knock out two birds(Sex, and Career) with one stone!

So, where is a good place to move to for dating? Any ideas?

Get a job cooking or waiting tables at a sports bar and start getting drunk and doing drugs every night with the staff after work.

Old 04-24-2017, 09:07 PM

16 posts, read 24,204 times
I read this thread this evening. I am sorry to say this, but I believe the biggest problem that you have is not the fact you aren't rich or from Ohio, or went to Miami where all the girls only want to date rich, hot rockstars, it is because you view of male/female relationship seems like it is something from an rated R 1980s ski movie. The way you explain modern relationships sounds like the casting director from that movie says "we need a hunk who is rich, goes to expensive public school, kind of a jerk, skis well and gets all the "hot chicks" (every guy who gets to date all the hot women). Then we need a cheerleader who will make fun of every guy who isn't rich, traditionally good looking, goes to a jock school, and spends the whole movie hitting on each other at the expense of every guy who is cast as the "dork" (all the girls at Miami who only date rich rock stars). Then the whole movie will be about the "dorks" doing everything they can to bring down the "jocks" and "cheerleaders", based upon the mistaken belief that if they defeat the jocks, the dorks will get all the cheerleaders (move from Ohio, get a job that makes more money). However, like the Revenge of the Nerds, the "dork" only "gets" the cheerleader when they stop looking at the "cheerleader" as monolithic wherein every person in that group (women, especially millennial women) act the same way and like the same thing. It was only when Betty and Lewis looked at each other with their individual attributes and traits did they actually start dating each other.

How does this apply to this case? Well, in order to date women, you have to actually get to know them without any preconceived notions about the way "millennial women who only want to date rich rockstars instead of poor old me who lives in Ohio" or be open minded to women older than you because "Gen X or baby boomer women who I think are hot and willing to date" because "I have a sexual appetite that rivals an alligators ability to eat". I am not saying this to be harsh, but rather to give you advice about the one thing you could change that would make it easier to date. I also use the above analogy because that movie came out in 1984 and it is now 2017. Many women who are in your age range were born well after that movie came out and view that timeframe as antiquated, offensive, sexist and inconsistent with qualities of what they see in a potential mate. Unfortunately, this post has lasted 5 pages filled with other reasons that you can rely on to justify the changes mentioned here and in cincydave8's post are unnecessary and the wrong solution to a problem you perceive. Unfortunately, you are not dating in 1984 which would make your outlook on women and dating more palatable for women you would have been dating back then. Ultimately dating is about making yourself as desirable to the group of people you want to date as possible. Often that decision is made based upon the way you interact with them in the first few moments. Harboring these views will bleed into your interaction and make them not want to date you. I am saying this because most of the advice on here is not great advice and I want you to find someone to spend time with, instead of finding reasons why women don't see your virtues rather than you getting to know a woman, on an individual basis and with her interest in mind, and beginning a relationship founded on shared mutual respect. As cincydave said find a group on meet up that interests you and meet a nice person on their terms, on their interests. I wish you good luck.

Old 04-25-2017, 01:56 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,724,822 times
I believe this thread is done, at least here. If you want to continue giving op relationship advice, we have a separate forum just for that.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati