Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2010, 03:20 PM

3 posts, read 5,397 times

Advertisements

I'm afraid I don't have Face Book and am too far away to come to the reunion on the 24th, but I do thank you for the welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2010, 03:21 PM

46 posts, read 77,326 times
Facebook should be free and sorry you can not make the 24th
Last name is Smallwood ,should know each other

Old 07-21-2010, 03:24 PM

3 posts, read 5,754 times
Hi everyone! I went to Lyons Jr. High from i think 1964 to 1967. I remember Mr. Nichols & Mr. Buchanan were principals. I had Mr. Dute , Mr. Perkins, Mr. Reed, Ms Burkholder. Thats about all I know. I also remember Strafford Manor swimming pool. I lived in Oakley, but went there swimming.
Anyone go to Lyons when I did?

Old 07-21-2010, 03:35 PM

Default Lyon Jr. High School

I went to Lyon Jr. High from 1964-1967

Old 07-21-2010, 06:24 PM

56 posts, read 105,480 times
Default hurl 2 welcome

yes i went to lyons from 1965 to 1968 i lived in the manor on kingsley dr 1963 to 1967 then moved to the trail . i had mr easter and mr cannon and mr easmen for gym . thats about all the staff i remenber . went to oakley drive in played pool and went to the show there. got my frist car at the chev dealer on madison . played at the slot car track there on madison. my mon would take us shoping at the old checkers store and we ate at barneys hamburgers. they were good times for us. keep posting and again welcome.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:01 PM

107 posts, read 243,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooneclipse View Post
I'm afraid I don't have Face Book and am too far away to come to the reunion on the 24th, but I do thank you for the welcome.
Mooneclipse....so glad to hear from someone who remembers much of the same things. While I lived on Red Bank Rd, most of my friends lived in the manor. I went to Eastwood and I too had Mr. Shadd. I still touch base with my first grade teacher, Miss Jones. I think I was at Eastwood from 63 thru 69 and then I went to Lyon Jr. High and finally to Withrow. From Lyon I was still in touch with Mr. Tim Duncan until just a year ago. I remember the construction of I-71 as they tore down all the tree houses the kids had built.

My mom was a Brownie leader along with Mrs. Nash and, I think, Mrs. Price. Broke my heart to see the church being torn down. Like you, I was in scouts.

Today I volunteer at Withrow each week. I help out in the Alumni office and I still get chills when I walk over the old bridge towards the clock tower.

Can't make it to the reunion but I will look for pictures on FB. Have fun everyone!

Old 07-25-2010, 11:31 AM

5,463 posts, read 9,591,983 times
Of all the photos that have been posted, there hasn't yet been one showing the original house on Mansion Hill. There must be one of it somewhere.

Old 08-02-2010, 06:44 PM

325 posts, read 1,113,806 times
Default Meeting July 24, 2010

Hello All, We only had a handful to come to the park.......but it was enjoyable. I really enjoyed talking with them and talking about old times. The hill we called MANSION HILL is merely a hill.. LOL...it didn't look so big anymore, that could be because I live where there are lots of mountains. !! But still it was good to be there. I also had 3 old manor friends that couldn't make it to the park come and visit me at my sisters house. I talked to others on the phone...some of them are going topost some old pictures soon. I loved the trip, talking about old times and came home with new memories !!!! If we plan anew meeting, hopefully more will be able to come..maybe if we plan it way in advance some can plan it on there schedules. Still checking in ..Hyden

Last edited by Hyden; 08-02-2010 at 06:54 PM..

Old 08-03-2010, 07:53 PM

185 posts, read 453,513 times
I can`t make it the 2nd Saturday of September,that is my family reunion in East Tn.I will be happy to come any other weekend.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:28 AM

Default Good Times

I remember the Oakley Drive In. Remember Madison Bowl? The people I remember from the manor are Terry Wiggins or Higgins. I also knew some kids from the childrens home or around there. Jim Fletcher, Kenny Lawson and Jr somebody lol. These names ring a bell to anyone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati