Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2012, 01:47 PM

6 posts, read 10,742 times

Advertisements

Hi Danny we lived in the apt bldg that joined Ronnie's on Eastwood Dr. next to the vacant lot. We lived there until 63. Do you know what ever happened to Ronnie? We lived in the Trail in 64 and 65 then moved to TN when I was a sophomore. It was a different world in TN. It was not easy moving to a new school and state in high school. I am like you surely crossed paths at some point or maybe just missed each other. I think. Ronnie was a year younger than me. I graduated in 68. I don't remember any of the guys you mentioned. It is so hard sometimes to remember names and put faces with them. I do remember the name Jerry Pratt but don't remember what he looks like and Dennis Bach from the list. I actually think Dennis may have been my boyfriend for a while. W
e had a school trip to the zoo and I think I went with him. Do you remember Barb and Carole Wilson from the trail?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 05:38 PM

56 posts, read 106,811 times
Default The combs

Ronnie combs moved to fairfax his mon and dad got a condo on chestnut st. Ronnie got married and moved out to the eastgate area . I know he worked at keebler for a long time ,i would see him leave work as i was comming in on day shift he worked 3rd i worked for american standerd across the st. There was a boy who lived in your building on the first floor larry cant remember has last name we were in the same room at eastwood school he lived with his mom. cant rmember the wilsons what street did they live on. Im bad on names.will check back soon. what st did you live on in the trail?

Old 08-28-2012, 06:11 PM

Hey Danny we lived in the apt bldg that joined Ronnie's facing Eastwood dr and next to the vacant lot. We moved when I was starting 8th grade. I think it was 63. We lived on Charloe st in the Trail in 64 and 65 before moving to TN. I too would think we might have crossed paths but we may have just missed each other. I don't remember any of those guys. Did you know Barb a d carole Wilson? They also lived in the Trail. I did recognize several names on the list. It is hard to remember some of the name and then put faces with the names.

Old 08-28-2012, 06:19 PM

Sorry Danny I think I posted the same thing twice. There wasn't a larry when we lived there. He may have moved in ours when we moved out. There was a Craig that lived upstairs with his mom.

Old 08-30-2012, 07:27 PM

185 posts, read 458,516 times
Hi Barbara,welcome to our chat.I lived on eastwood also but we moved to Tn. in `59.What part of Tn. did you move to?We move to East Tn. near Knoxville.I married in `66 and moved to Fort Bragg NC.Then when we got out of the army we moved to middle tn.Been here since `68.Hope to hear from you again.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:50 PM

Hi A.F.D. It sounds like you moved out of the manor about the time we moved in. I live in Johnson City since 65. I hated it at first. Probably because starting a new school in a different state was very difficult. I swore when I got out of school I would move back to Cincinnati but of course I didn't. I have been back a few times. I t is great chatting with people who lived there. I got married in 68 and have 2 kids and 5 grandchildren. Talk to you soon.

Old 08-31-2012, 08:22 PM

56 posts, read 106,811 times
Barbara i think my grandfathers brother was mayor of johnson city tn. His name was carl cline do you remember any one by that name?will watch for your reply thanks

Old 09-18-2012, 05:04 PM

18 posts, read 28,642 times
I remember a kid I played ball with from the Children's Home. I think his dad may have worked there; Bobby Akers? Any info out there on him? This would have been back in the last 50s or early 60's

Old 09-19-2012, 04:48 PM

185 posts, read 458,516 times
Hi Barbara.so nice to talk to you.We moved to Harriman in `59 but in `66 I married and moved to Fort Bragg with my husband.When he returned from Viet Nam in `67 we moved to McMinnville,Tn.Been here since.We have 2 children,4 grandchildren and 3 1/2 greatgrands.I am a happy camper.lol!

Old 10-15-2012, 09:51 AM

1 posts, read 1,378 times
I happened to stumble across this and it brought back memories. I am Kerry Sanders. My brother Steve and half brothers Doug and Leon Palatas lived in Stratford manor at 5390 Eastwood Dr. I was born Aug. 30, 1955 at Our Lady of Mercy in Cinn. I went to Eastwood Elementary in 1960 with Jane Walsh as my teacher. I still have the class photo. Leon Palatas went to Lyon J.H. in 59-60 .My memories are few but of playing in the back play area where Steve got hit in the head with a baseball bat and bled a lot. I remember a laundramat that had a ramp that got flooded during the rain and we rode our bikes in the water. At night we could see the lights on Mansion Hill which we went to for picnics. There was a pool nearby. I vaguely recall this. I do remember being scared of the 50's car grillls in the parking area because of their massice front bumpers. i have pictures of my before and after first haircut by Dave Hoefer in 1957 My mom saved and wrote on photos which I have. The pics I have of the building I lived in has what looks like 6 wood slats as a front trim. I do not recall much more. We moved to Loveland when I was maybe in 1st grade and then to Illinois in 1961when my Dad was transferred. Earland Leona Sanders were my parents. My e-mail is [EMAIL="nowhitsend@yahoo.com"]nowhitsend@yahoo.com[/EMAIL]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati