Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2015, 02:02 PM

25 posts, read 39,638 times

Advertisements

Well, looks like I came to the dance too late. I just found out about this blog but looks like you and I are the only ones left. We lived in the manor from 55 till 60 or 61. Lots of memories. I started reading from the beginning and am still having fun. I am on page 50 and will read the rest. Sure would have enjoyed being in on the big conversation. Lots of people I knew were mentioned. Our mother passed away in 201, she would have loved this blog. I'll check back here at the end to see if anyone else shows up. You take care, good reminiscing with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2015, 02:58 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,632,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanDoff View Post
Well, looks like I came to the dance too late. I just found out about this blog but looks like you and I are the only ones left. We lived in the manor from 55 till 60 or 61. Lots of memories. I started reading from the beginning and am still having fun. I am on page 50 and will read the rest. Sure would have enjoyed being in on the big conversation. Lots of people I knew were mentioned. Our mother passed away in 201, she would have loved this blog. I'll check back here at the end to see if anyone else shows up. You take care, good reminiscing with you.
Yeah, some of the posters have moved to continue on Facebook. I'm still in touch with some of them. I mentioned your photos to one former poster, who has still posted here on occasion. That person and I live in the Manor at the same time. I don't know that we ever met in the Manor, although it's quite possible we may have crossed paths. Interestingly, we both knew some of the same people. Between that poster and you, that's the closest I've come to finding anything about some of the people I knew way back then. It's possible some of the posters may jump in on this thread. I opted to subscribe to this thread, so when someone posts here, I get an email to notify me about it. You can opt select to subscribe just below the reply box. I'll send you a Direct Message. You should see that at the top of the page in the box on the right that says "Welcome (your username)".

So you're on page 50 or so? There's a lot of amazing pages here. I first came to this thread after doing a web search for Stratford Manor. My search was originally to see what the old place looks like on Google Maps. To my shock and surprise, there was nothing left, except Kingsley Drive. But all the Manor apartments were completely gone. I wondered whatever happened to the people I knew so long ago?

Both of my parents have passed away, as has my older brother. My younger brother is living in the state of Washington. When we left the Manor, we moved to Oregon. We had a house in Springfield Oregon before we moved to Cincinnati, so that's the house we returned to. My dad made a career of the Navy, so I spent a good portion of my growing up years moving to different places. It's hard to point to any single reason, but the years I spent in Stratford Manor had a huge impact on my life, enough that I've never forgotten that experience.

I want to once again say how much I appreciate seeing your photos and reading your posts. And I'm really glad to know that your brother is doing well in Tennessee, as well as the pleasure of talking with you. That's meant a lot more to me than I can adequately say. I wouldn't be surprised that I may have seen you in the Manor way back when. Enjoy the rest of the thread.

It's a small world, isn't it?

Old 01-16-2015, 03:07 PM

I dont do facebook but I think I will to see these people. Where on facebook is it ?

Old 01-16-2015, 03:08 PM

Also, I don't have a option to subscribe to this thread in my window. Any idea how to turn it on ???

Old 01-16-2015, 03:54 PM

Just thought of another family you might know. At Shellborne and Kingsley, on Shellborne southwest corner, lived a family called Lusk. Bill would be your age, he had a sister 2 years older named Linda ( or maybe Kathy, little fizzy ). Maybe you knew them ??

Old 01-16-2015, 04:00 PM

Quote:
I dont do facebook but I think I will to see these people. Where on facebook is it ?
I really don't know where to find because I'm not on Facebook either , but I may sign up for it. I send off an email to a friend to get more details.

Old 01-16-2015, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Also, I don't have a option to subscribe to this thread in my window. Any idea how to turn it on ???
In the page where you write your post, just below the text box, you should see "Additional Options". DON'T hit the "Submit Reply" button yet. The last option says "Thread Subscription". You can select from a variety of notifications. I've chosen "Instant email notification". You can make your selection, then below that is another "Submit Reply" button. You can hit that one, or the one above, to Submit your reply post. Your notification selection will be activated and when someone posts to this thread, you'll receive an email to let you know. That's it.

Old 01-16-2015, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Just thought of another family you might know. At Shellborne and Kingsley, on Shellborne southwest corner, lived a family called Lusk. Bill would be your age, he had a sister 2 years older named Linda ( or maybe Kathy, little fizzy ). Maybe you knew them ??
No, the names don't ring any bells. Let me try a couple for you. They were all really nice kids.

Brenda and Teddy Preece
Lived on Shelborne, 1st building just SE of Kingsley. They had an older sister named Connie but I'm not sure her last name was Preece. Brenda was 2 or 3 years younger than me, and Teddy was about a year or 2 younger than Brenda. Connie was about a year or 2 older than I was.

Karen Karish
Lived on the NE corner of Kingsley (next to the building you lived in) by Shelborne. I think Karen was about my age, but maybe a year younger.

Just curious, but are you still living in Ohio?

Old 01-16-2015, 05:15 PM

Don't recognize those names. I'll check with my brother. Still in Ohio. Moved out to Clermont county east of Cincinnati ( Hamilton county ).

Old 01-16-2015, 05:45 PM

Just checked with Gary, he didn't recognize those names. He did mention Faye Kesterson. She lived across the street from us on Kingsley.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati