Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2010, 10:25 AM

48 posts, read 88,327 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

I came across this site accidently, been reading for a few days. I have always thought it would be nice to go back to the Manor and have wondered what happened to some of the friends I had there. (it was as if our whole neighborhood was wiped off the face of the earth, no going back)

We moved to Stratford Manor in 1955. We lived on Eastwood Dr.
for I think three years. We moved back around 1961 to an apartment on Strathmore and later into the last apartment building on Eastwood on the left. We lived in four apartments there that I can remember.

Now I have been able to go back, take a stroll through the old neighborhood and see how some of the people are doing. I'm enjoying it.
Thank You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2010, 12:08 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,631,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bden View Post
Hi Everyone,

I came across this site accidently, been reading for a few days. I have always thought it would be nice to go back to the Manor and have wondered what happened to some of the friends I had there. (it was as if our whole neighborhood was wiped off the face of the earth, no going back)

We moved to Stratford Manor in 1955. We lived on Eastwood Dr.
for I think three years. We moved back around 1961 to an apartment on Strathmore and later into the last apartment building on Eastwood on the left. We lived in four apartments there that I can remember.

Now I have been able to go back, take a stroll through the old neighborhood and see how some of the people are doing. I'm enjoying it.
Thank You
Hi Bden! Nice to have you join the discussion. I think a lot of us discovered this thread by accident. I too was surprised to learn there's nothing left of it, like it never even existed. But like you, most of us on this thread still have many fond nostalgic memories of the place.

You lived in Stratford Manor about the same time I did. We left it forever in 1959. It was very difficult leaving all our friends behind, never to see them again.

We'd love to have you share some of your memories and experiences there.

Old 03-26-2010, 02:52 PM

101 posts, read 228,828 times
Default Bden

hi bden and welcome to our little group of friends. always good to hear from someone new and perhaps a new memory. i lived on eastwood in the bungalow nearest the swimpool (in the curve of the alley). i was there for 13-14 yrs . starting in 1956.

Old 03-26-2010, 07:45 PM

56 posts, read 106,811 times
Default hi bden

welcome i am looking forword to reading all your comments. most all of the years i lived there were fun and good times. i hope yours were too. i have not been on this site long but there is a lot of good people to share old times with so again welcome

Old 03-26-2010, 07:53 PM

Default I went to Eastwood

I went to Eastwood Elementary and Lyons Jr High. I remember walking to school and freezing in miniskirts and poorboy tops, since we weren't allowed to wear pants.

I remember playing on 71 before it was finished, there was a tree house on the other side of 71.

I remember a lot of partys and dancing in the later years, (the four corners, I think and the tighten up).

The leather jackets (I had to have one because everyone else did and they told me it shouldn't look new so we all sat on it in the woods.....lol

Old 03-26-2010, 09:04 PM

185 posts, read 458,516 times
Welcome Bden,so glad you found this thread,we all have enjoyed all of the memories.Stratford Manor meant alot to each of us.Hope you stay with us,we would like to hear of some of the people you knew.I lived at the intersection of Eastwood and Strathmore.We moved from there in `58 or `59. A.F.D.

Old 03-28-2010, 02:15 AM

325 posts, read 1,124,319 times
Wecome Beden, Our family lived on Srathmore from about 55 til ,e moved then came back late in 64. There was never a place like it before.....I loved it there bUT

Old 03-28-2010, 07:17 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,631,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyden View Post
Wecome Beden, Our family lived on Srathmore from about 55 til ,e moved then came back late in 64. There was never a place like it before.....I loved it there bUT

BUT?? But what? LOL!

Old 03-28-2010, 07:35 PM

185 posts, read 458,516 times
LOL!!NightBazzar u r 2 funny...

Old 03-28-2010, 09:11 PM

I don't remember anyone from the 50's, since I was three when we moved. I do have a few pictures from the 50's, that were my Dad's. Do I just click insert image to post them on here? The people I remember were from the late 60's. I moved away in 1970. Some of the people I remember are Joyce, Diane, Carol, Penny, Jerry, Ernie, Greg, Mike, John, Ricky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati