U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2011, 07:28 PM

185 posts, read 416,247 times

Advertisements

Have no idea Hyden and don`t know how one would find out.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 08:43 PM

324 posts, read 1,023,178 times
Welcome in Bro. Bob !!! Thanks for telling us about your time in the Manor...it is something beyond words for those that have lived there. No matter where they go after living there it always has a special place in their hearts. One on here only lived there about a year and was 4 yrs. old and still thought about it and he also provided us with a lot of the pictures we have on here. If you have any Manor pictures feel fre to share if you want to, we all love to look a them....we also have a page on Facebook under Stratford Manor/ eastwood Village if you want to come to it. Anyway so glad to see you on here and come back and be with us.....Hyden

Old 01-28-2011, 05:09 AM

101 posts, read 208,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyden View Post
Hyden
This message has been deleted by Yac. Reason: no bumping, please

Can someone tell me why my message was deleted.......and what does " no bumping " mean ??

Thank You , Hyden
Hi Jeannie, I believe it has something to do with rules & regulations of the site..and I think Yac is the person that deleted your message..but I can't figure out the no bumping please????

Old 01-28-2011, 05:14 AM

Go to Bing and search , No bumping , please..

Old 02-03-2011, 06:47 PM

6 posts, read 9,496 times
Hi Bro Bob,
My husband and I went to St. Anthony's too. I lived in the Manor and my husband lived in Madisonville. Do you remember a "Mark Griffith"? When did you go to St. Anthony's?

Old 02-03-2011, 09:34 PM

5,477 posts, read 8,840,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyden View Post
NightBazaar, You and Bden are right !! It was very special !!! For me some of it is because my first time of having friends and going to school was right there. It is just hard to put it into words about the Manor for anyone that didn't experience it.......you had to be there !!!! and it didn't matter when you came..I have seen some on here that didn't move in until after we moved out and as bad as it was it was still special to them and nothing like it since. I hope to always be able to check in on this City Data and hope someone has posted something for us all to share, hopefully we will get some new ones to comment too !! Check back with you all, Hyden
Hyden, you made an interesting point about being the first time of having friends and going to school. As for my own circumstances, I had friends and went to school elsewhere before ever moving to the Manor. And yet, the place left a huge impression on me. The only thing I can think of is that it may have been a particular stage in life for me. I'm sure there must be all sorts of other reasons for other people who lived there. All I can really say is that the one thing we all have in common is the Manor. Why that particular place has left such a huge impression on so many people is a mystery to me.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:31 AM

31 posts, read 211,245 times
Default Stratford Manor = Community

Above everything else, I think Stratford Manor was successful in fostering a sense of "community" in the residents; in the way that it was designed coupled with the era in which it existed. Generally speaking, the 50's and early 60's were very "neighborly" compared to later on, and the design of Stratford Manor promoted this feeling to the max. It was a self-contained community in many ways. And as kids, I think our minds were much more tuned in to the whole "Manor" experience. I'm not sure how the adults felt living at the manor. Too bad we can't get the "take" on the Manor experience from our parents who lived there as adults. My mom's 80 and of sound mind, but she tends not to remember the same things I do. LOL.

Old 02-17-2011, 12:33 PM

324 posts, read 1,023,178 times
David, I really like how you stated this.......and your right....I wish I could ask my parents too...I know that when my parents moved out to Loveland and bought their first home...Mom wasn't crazy about it...she loved her home but wasn't used to not knowing her neighbors.....she knew the family next door because Dad worked with the man of the house, but that was it....and usually because of children she got to know some of the parents, they had a front patio added so they could sit out front rather than in the back surrounded by fences. She was really unhappy when she first moved there but a few years before she passed away she was aquainted with a few of the women on her street and they became dear friends to her and our family.....always checking on dad and making sure he was alright or needed anything. I guess it just didn't have that Manor feel she was missing !! You can't get that anywhere else.......Hyden

Old 02-19-2011, 06:26 AM

As I have said before I think 'The Manor" was pure Americana.. Even better than Ozzie&Harriet...ha ha...The majority were hard working young families making a concerted effort to get to "Middle Class"... I remember in the 50's the alley parties that every family took part in...I remember jitterbugging with my mom Bless Her Soul... That was a good time and place!!!!!!

Old 02-19-2011, 11:05 AM

5,477 posts, read 8,840,131 times
We never had any alley parties over on the northeast side of the Manor during the time we lived there, but I agreee that the entire Manor was indeed a very friendly and neighborly place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati