U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2011, 01:48 AM

101 posts, read 208,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny noah View Post
hi again havent talked to you for a some time. had open heart triple bypass in december just geting back to feeling good again. found some old photos of the manor dont know how to post them. can any one help.please let me know
Good to hear you are feeling better...All of us here wish you the best!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2011, 09:09 AM

185 posts, read 416,345 times
Hi Danny,good to hear you are on the mend.Hope you can get the pics on here..Take care.A.F.D.

Old 03-22-2011, 07:19 AM

324 posts, read 1,023,476 times
Danny, So glad you are doing well !!! God is Good !!! I haven't been on here in a few days and didn't know about your surgery !! NightBaaZar is the best about posting pictures on here ...will everyone is but me he had to do it for me....I'm not good with technical stuff. Be sure to email Jim Rohrer of the Enquirer ...He needs to hear from all of us.....I sent him this thread so he could look over everyones feelings on the Manor. His address is on post #1163..and call , I did and he is a nice man. check back later to see if you have some pictures up. Stay well...Hyden

Old 04-02-2011, 03:57 AM

Danny, Did you get in touch with NightBaaZar ??? If you send him a direct message on here he will tell you how to get the pictures to him and he can post them for you...he really doesn't mind. We are really looking forward to seeing them !!! I hope you are still doing well We still haven't heard anything back from Jim Rohrer of the Cincinnati Enquirer. I hope he picks this up, City Data has been so good for all of us to communicate. I'll check back with him and maybe have some kinds of news to report....Hyden

Old 05-06-2011, 06:16 AM

Hello Friends !!! I just wanted to encourage you all to contact Jim Rohrer at the Cincinnati Enquirer.jrohrer@enquirer.com or call 755-4157. I have talked to him a couple times and he seems to be a nice person....but still isn't giving us a straight yes or no...Our facbook page has grown also ...just search Stratford Manor/ Eastwood Village...I look forward to seeing you on there....Hyden

Old 05-18-2011, 11:31 PM

Has anyone heard from Danny?Hope he is doing ok...

Old 05-20-2011, 08:53 AM

56 posts, read 96,286 times
sorry about not posting my computer went dpwn again had to buy a new one. i am doing ok still have some pain but thay say it will go away in time. i still have the photos cant get in to my mail would love to get them up if we can. will look for your help thanks dan

Old 05-20-2011, 09:16 PM

Good to hear from you Danny and glad you are doing good,you hang in there and you will be ok..Keep in touch.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:09 PM

1 posts, read 1,321 times
I lived at the manor 5470 Eastwood Drive. I was 7 going on 8 when we moved in 1963-1964 we lived there 5 years and in those 5 years I hold many fond memories. I met one of my best friends at the manor and I am happy to say she and I are still friends. Even though many miles seperated her and I.
I haven't seen where anyone has written about the old farm next to Eastwood School. I recall cold mornings walking to school and going up to the fence and petting the farmers cows. Who living in the city now can pets cows next there school? LOL
Mr Shed was my gym and health teacher and I will always remember him.. In those days you could pack lunch or go home for lunch or even eat in the caferteria. I would on occasion sneak off to the drug store across the street and eat lunch there. Wow the drug store had a nice little grill and small spot to sit and eat.. You know for a hand full of change you could get a bowl of soup and a grill cheese.. yum I still can see it.. Life was good at the manor.. Thanks for this website !!

Old 08-09-2011, 11:12 PM

5,477 posts, read 8,843,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenda J View Post
I lived at the manor 5470 Eastwood Drive. I was 7 going on 8 when we moved in 1963-1964 we lived there 5 years and in those 5 years I hold many fond memories. I met one of my best friends at the manor and I am happy to say she and I are still friends. Even though many miles seperated her and I.
I haven't seen where anyone has written about the old farm next to Eastwood School. I recall cold mornings walking to school and going up to the fence and petting the farmers cows. Who living in the city now can pets cows next there school? LOL
Mr Shed was my gym and health teacher and I will always remember him.. In those days you could pack lunch or go home for lunch or even eat in the caferteria. I would on occasion sneak off to the drug store across the street and eat lunch there. Wow the drug store had a nice little grill and small spot to sit and eat.. You know for a hand full of change you could get a bowl of soup and a grill cheese.. yum I still can see it.. Life was good at the manor.. Thanks for this website !!
Hi Glenda. It's great having you share your memories and experiences at the Manor. I'd love to hear about any of your other recollections there. Would you happen to have any memorable photos from the place? I lived at 5049 Kingsley Drive about 5 years in the latter half of the 1950s.
I honestly couldn't remember any farm next to the school, so I had to look it up. You're absolutely right, it was certainly there when I lived at the Manor. Too many years gone by I guess. The Manor was truly a remarkable place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati