U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2012, 05:39 PM

9,259 posts, read 15,057,132 times

Advertisements

Boy do I remember Ontario. Stopped in there one year near Christmas and bought 3 Flexible Flyer sleds. At that time you could hardly find them. Greatest sleds ever built. I still have two of them in my storage barn. One has a broken wooden slat, need to figure out how to replace it. I need to repaint the bright red runners and get them ready for my grandkids. Something I can give them nobody else will have. What a time we used to have on those sleds at Ault Park.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 05:40 PM

5 posts, read 8,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briggsh View Post
I played basketball with the Field boys ( Ricky, Kenny and Mike) @the corner house on Overlook along with my neighbor Greg Momper and if not there at my house till mom said enough guys it's midnight!
can't remember their sister's name vicky i think man she was fine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyden View Post
A.F.D. The McQuery family moved to Fairfax from the Manor and after that they had a younger brother to be kidnapped and still don't have any answers. It was on the local news last month and they interviewed his sister , the police are trying to open the cold case. I think they said it had been 40 years. Ronnie wants to know if any of you remember anyone from the childrens home. Hyden
dorthy shoot she married jeff lilly their still married

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiDiana View Post
Wow... I remember that. Was there also a Boyd McQuery? If I remember correctly the McQueary boy and another boy just went missing one day. I thought it had been longer than 40 years, but am probably wrong.
a Boyd McQueary

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrryprat View Post
hi drifter, welcome... I was 6-7 yrs old at the time you lived in manor. I lived on eastwood dr.(5391) did you live close by ? How old were you then? Nice to hear from you....
you jerry you remember gary carter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie 1953 View Post
hi ever one ernie smallwood here
lived in the manor from 64 to 69
moved down to redbank
went to lyon's and withrow
lived at 5064 kingleys drive
i'm on page 9 mr alexander was one of my favorite
i know you remember gary carter

Quote:
Hi Ernie, how are you? hows curt? i sent you a message thru classmates about this site. did u get it? theres a picture in here somewhere (hyden will know where) of crazy john fedock and hydens dad and brother ronnie. boy did that bring back memories.....glad u found the site theres a ton of great reading and pics in here. have u seen aerial veiw of manor???? later jerry
i remember him as well,how bout dennis worley? i know ernie remembers him

Quote:
Ernie, I enjoyed your post, the Butchie's lived behind me, first time I smoked was with Raymond and some others, Raymond said that if we put the cigerette to a spool of thread and draw from the other end that no one will know we were smoking , so that what we all did right there behind Thriftway , there was about 5 of us back there. My Mother had their father make her a bookcase and my sister still has it...When you spoke of Ricky Sutton's sister were you talking about Vicky ??

I hope Curt does get on here, it's been alot of fun...did you see the picture of John Fedock ?? on page 10.....The Buntain's Bev ( Toots ), Greg and Mike....sadly Greg passed away a couple years ago, me & Toots email back and forth some, she reads this and sometimes gets on here....Just so many memories but they are good ones..I'll check back in, I have to run to the store. Hyden
passed away? man it's sad to here thet he could do a wheelie all day long and bev buntain and diane henderson we're to females you did not mess with

Quote:
I think Rick's older sister's name was Sharon,did't she hang with Sharon Estes, Larry's sis. yeah Ernie lots of guys had crushes on Sandy.
larry estes

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny noah View Post
hi i lived on kingsley dr cant remeber the adress frist bldg on the left right on the frist alley i do remeber sone of the people who lived in your bldg. 2nd floor rose son edmond down on frist jimmy calihand i lived there 1963 to 1967 best bud was harold jordon lived on stratmore dr played with david loudon steve bushelman ronnnie combs and danna cathy mike but mike did not come out a lot i was a school guard it the alley by the school i new sutton and sandy pratt they never liked me or my buds we never got along sutton tried to beat me up when i was the new boy it school and some other boy mitch.moved to the trail aniotion ct nice but i liked stranfod manor alot was the best place i ever lived
i was in love with his sister vicky,

Quote:
Hello All, I got a call from my Brother He wanted me to mention a couple teachers he remembered well and see if anyone else did too...Mr. Hedges and Mr. Harper..I can't for the life of me remember any of my teachers names except Mr. Alexander. and Mr Haas ( he was fresh out of college and handsome ) Hyden
mr.alexander

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoesx View Post
Ernie Im not sure he could have been the health teacher. I do remember Mike Murdock. He was one of my first friends after moving to Madisonville in 1958. We were in the same 4th grade class at Madisonville Elementary.He should remember me. I remember Jr Wells, beautiful boxer, unfortunately not very powerful, but incredibly gifted.
wasn't nothen had nothin couldn't whoop nothin or nobody

Quote:
Bali shoes.does that sound rite..sometimes had different color suede on top of shoe, wore workies my self, of course i worked in them too. bot 1 pr of mades, black pin stripe with tunnel belt loops andpearl snap back flap pockets ($20) ...or was it the florshiem shoe or flor. make the bali's... darn memory
i have some in my closet now i have 32 pairs of shoes

Quote:
Jerry, Ronnie said that don't forget the Banlon shirts and black leather jackets
were big back in the day

Quote:
jerry dracos thats the club i was trying to remember there was a guy they called wodels the only one i can think of right now.thanks for the club name. i dont what year ronny was in the club he works at ge next time i see him i will ask about the club and try and relay any info he can give me. will check back soon thanks he mite remember you
drako's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie Williams Griffith View Post
Diane and Steve Henderson were Dana's cousins. They lived in our court closer to the alley by the school. They moved before the demise of the Village. I think Diane and Steve had a younger brother named Bobby (he was born on the 4th of July) and my Mom, Mrs. Stone called him "Boom Boom". Do you remember a girl named Rachel Williams? She lived next door to me on Eastwood Drive. I still keep in touch with her also. So many good friends that have kept in touch with each other over the years.
bobby owns crosstown customs auto body in milford,diane lives in ky,and steve lives in williamsburg, bobby lives in milford

Quote:
jerry dracos thats the club i was trying to remember there was a guy they called wodels the only one i can think of right now.thanks for the club name. i dont what year ronny was in the club he works at ge next time i see him i will ask about the club and try and relay any info he can give me. will check back soon thanks he mite remember you
we go way back gr8 guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bden View Post
I remember a family named Sears that lived there in the late 60's? Their kids names were Jerry, Patricia, Debbie and David.
passed away the day before thanksgiving 2011 he was one of my best friends in the whole world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie57 View Post
Danny ( the oldest ) and Ray lived on the corner of Strathmore and Eastwood
Ray had this hidden love for Diane Henderson
I don't remember the Gilmore name either
Do you remember my three sister's Pat ,Jessie and Sherry
do all3

i didn't see my name mentioned once,seen ernie smallwood who was my brother in law kinda jessie has my son,he didn't mention me either,i guess i was part of that trash that took over at the end of it all,but we my boys andf i were the shiznit,was then and still are today lost alot of them now but steve henderson jeff lilly mike lilly sugarbear larry estes buddy murphy freddie cate danny wolfe buddy phelps cecil and jackie williams rocky lilly randy bronson bobby and bruce miller david sears (deceased) the day before thanksgiving 2011,jerry sears curt smallwood ernie smallwood diane henderson bev buntain greg buntain (deceased) dennis worley (deceased) dwight and lester sheldon sheldon both ( deceased)ricky sutton and vicky who still owns a big piece of my heart my first true love charles (burkit) parton jerry pratt goldfinger larry henline dorthy hill apache pat mary hill jessy patricia sherry smallwood richard kincannon eileen bowling michelle bowling(deceased)johnny bowling (deceased)johnny holly brother jerry holly jimmy holly,my family!! brothers for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by garymichaelcarter View Post
a Boyd McQueary
was from vine st,probably THE best street fighter in the whole city,him and clyde ensco,then me oh lets not forget black caleb from madisonville

Last edited by Yac; 01-23-2012 at 01:45 AM.. Reason: 20(!!) posts in a row merged

Old 01-27-2012, 08:03 PM

5,477 posts, read 8,832,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garymichaelcarter View Post
anyone remember gary carter?? i lived there from 66 untill 75-76 or so!
I don't. We moved from the Manor in 1959.

Old 01-28-2012, 07:05 PM

56 posts, read 96,218 times
Default gary carter

Hi gary i lived in stratford manor from 63 to 67 on kingsley dr. I cant remenber you . Did you go to lyons or withrow? Any way nice to hear from a new person from the manor . I hope your time there was a good one that you will always remenber like me and the good people on this form who loved that place . welcome and keep posting dan

Old 01-28-2012, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Hi gary i lived in stratford manor from 63 to 67 on kingsley dr. I cant remenber you . Did you go to lyons or withrow? Any way nice to hear from a new person from the manor . I hope your time there was a good one that you will always remenber like me and the good people on this form who loved that place . welcome and keep posting dan
We lived on Kingsley Dr. also. Our building was the second from the corner of Kingsley and Shelborne (er, I think it was Shelborne). We moved out about 4 years after you moved into the Manor. I second your interest in seeing more about Gary's memories of the Manor.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
We lived on Kingsley Dr. also. Our building was the second from the corner of Kingsley and Shelborne (er, I think it was Shelborne). We moved out about 4 years after you moved into the Manor. I second your interest in seeing more about Gary's memories of the Manor.
Oops! Sorry Danny. I meant to say we left 4 years BEFORE you moved in. We moved out of the Manor in April, 1959.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:58 AM

107 posts, read 226,990 times
Default Wow...what a trip down memory lane...

I'm reading all of these threads and names I hadn't thought of in years. I remember Eileen Bowling, Cheryl Combs, Steve Parton (short fella that ran track like nobody's business), Kathy Huber (she lived on Madison Road). I have seen Bruce Miller's name mentioned here and on FB but there must be more than one from the area. I knew a Bruce Miller who graduated with me from Withrow. I believe he had a sister named Sandy. Someone was asking about the Children's Home. I remember going over there for "Churchschool" each week. My mom grew up in the General Protestant Orphans Home and knew one of the grounds keepers from the Childrens Home. I think his last name was Akers. I believe there was a son named Steve.

Old 02-22-2012, 04:22 PM

1 posts, read 3,009 times
I went to Madisonville Elementary School from 1956-62 for grades K-6. I went to Lyon Jr. High from 1962-65. I then attended Withrow High School from 1965-68. The old Madisonville School that was at the corner of Ward & Prentice Sts. was razed many years ago. I believe Lyon Jr. High was also razed and a new school built in its place. I'd love to track down some classmates from my old school years. Anyone out there? I still live in the Cincinnati area.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:15 PM

185 posts, read 415,978 times
So sad losing another manor friend.He will be greatly missed.
Rest In Peace Jerry Pratt.

Old 03-24-2012, 06:33 PM

2 posts, read 4,233 times
I am new to this site, but also grew up in Madisonville and attended Madisonville Elementary (about 1952 to 7th grade at Lyon Jr. High. I just posted a thread about some dance recitals I was in about 1953 or 1954 and wondered if anyone had any "moving pictures" of the dance recitals. They were put on on the big stage at Madisonville Elementary. And yes, the old elementary school has been razed. I can remember our principal (Mr. Patia?) wielding a paddle and chasing a little kid around the school yard while we all watched from a classroom. I don't remember if he ever caught him or not, but I know I never did anything to have him chase me after watching that! Maybe we need more of that in the schools now...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati