U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2012, 08:47 AM

1 posts, read 1,716 times

Advertisements

I am trying to find some of the kids who lived at the Madisonville Childrens Home about 1955 through 1957. If you know of any, please post. I went to Lyons Jr. High from the first year it opened and then onto Withrow and graduated in 62. There was on boy who I think was John
"housand" or something like that. He was there in 57 or so. Anyone recognize that name or something similar? Thanks. Oakley Girl
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2012, 02:59 PM

56 posts, read 96,309 times
Hope everyone has a safe and happy thanksgiving

Old 11-22-2012, 12:17 PM

18 posts, read 25,922 times
Happy Thanksgiving everybody. Drive safe and eat lots of turkey!

Old 11-27-2012, 02:50 PM

185 posts, read 416,541 times
I`m still here Danny.Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.You too Rick!!!

Old 11-30-2012, 12:37 PM

3 posts, read 4,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny noah View Post
Yes we bought the house from the newmans. we had scouts in the little church on charloe. remember jimmy ross played drums,how about ed mahand? steve colliers was a ass i cant count the times i wented to kick the crap out of that s.o.b.had that brown corvair. yes i new of the shirmers. Have you seen the trail in the last 5 years or so makes you went to cry to see how ran down it has become. the place looks like the getto. I dont remember all the people you talked about its been a long time but i will never forget how nice it was to live there most every one was very nice a good place to grow up in, like the manor it was a place thats now lost in time How sad.

Hi Danny...It's Pat Opel. How have you all been?
Isnt it fun talking about all the childhood memories and friends. You should join the shawnoe trial-cincinnati FB group and the Stratford Manor page. Lots of pictures and stories.

You mentioned Ed Mahand, I'm also looking for him but was not sure of the spelling of his last name. That's not how I was spelling it so I will try Mahand.

Good to hear from you.

Old 12-03-2012, 03:21 PM

Hi pat very nice to hear from you, its super when we get a new voice on here. Its been nice talking with rick about the trail. Hope you are doing well I have had a lot of heart problems over the last twenty years but im still kicking.Hope to hear from you again soon please dont just stop posting. would love to hear a lot more about how you are and the days of our youth.

Old 12-03-2012, 06:04 PM

3 posts, read 4,895 times
Hi Danny..that was my 1st time of being on city-data. I saw a link from the manor page so checked it out. When you mentioned Ed it got my attention. Ive been trying to get some info on him especially the spelling of his name.
It's fun reading the stories on here. You should check out the startford manor and shawanoe trail-cincinnati facebook groups. they have great pictures and stories. you may find some old friends.
sorry to hear about your heart problems. Its hard when the body breaks down..we are still young..lol.

Old 12-03-2012, 08:32 PM

Thumbs up ed mahand

I used to play with ed and rollie and some other guys who were in and out of the band . Im not 100% sure about the last name i think this was the way he spelled it. I saw ed at the club mad hater around 1972 that was the last time we met. we were both alone no dates talked about music and girls. like most people we lost touch. Sorry i cant help you find him he was a good guy we had a lot of fun back then. we moved out of the trail in march 1971.There were a lot of good people there. PLEASE WRIGHT BACK SOON !!!

Old 01-12-2013, 03:36 PM

were is every one ? rick and pat saw my house in the trail on line it was up for sale it was boarded up. How can any one let there home get to that point. what has happen to the world, it just **** me off to see how that nice clean area has gone getto.

Old 01-12-2013, 03:44 PM

9,259 posts, read 15,085,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny noah View Post
were is every one ? rick and pat saw my house in the trail on line it was up for sale it was boarded up. How can any one let there home get to that point. what has happen to the world, it just **** me off to see how that nice clean area has gone getto.
Certainly alll of you who grew up there with the memories, etc. have these feelings. But don't feel like you are virgins in this regard. This thread has served you well in relating how you were attached to where you grew up. But don't you think it may have run its course? Perhaps an entry on another social media site such as Twitter or Facebook is more appropriate for this continued dialogue?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati