U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2015, 07:12 PM

5,460 posts, read 8,631,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanDoff View Post
Just checked with Gary, he didn't recognize those names. He did mention Faye Kesterson. She lived across the street from us on Kingsley.
Related to Leon? I wonder if that building was the one on the immediate corner with Shelborne? I didn't know anyone in there. The building we lived in was the 2nd building from the corner. If it was the same building (5049), could they have moved in after we moved out? We moved out in April 1959.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2015, 08:26 PM

25 posts, read 27,733 times
It was your building, maybe they moved out before you moved in. From our view ( across the street ) They were in the lower right apartment. We are from TN and so were they.

Old 01-16-2015, 08:34 PM

185 posts, read 407,493 times
Welcome StanDoff,glad to have you join us and I also wish you had found us while the thread was busy.We have alot of members however we now have a group on Facebook It is a closed group so you will have to request to join.
Nice pic you posted,are you one of the group?Im thinking that little twirp on the end of the back row might be a little shady.LOL Anyway I hope you decide to stay with us,I`d like to hear about your time at the manor.It was such a wonderful place to grow up.I lived on Eastwood Dr. and moved to Tn. in `59.I hope you stay with us.

A.F.D.

Old 01-16-2015, 08:47 PM

Oh wow Stan,I`ve just read your post from the first.You lived next to my oldest sister.We are from Tn.,moved to the manor and back to Tn. AFD

Old 01-16-2015, 08:47 PM

Quote:
It was your building, maybe they moved out before you moved in. From our view ( across the street ) They were in the lower right apartment. We are from TN and so were they.
Yes, that's definitely the apartment we lived in. On our way from Oregon, we stayed at my grandparents' house in Indiana for a short while before heading on to Cincinnati. As I understand, the Navy made the arrangements and the apartment needed to be cleaned or repainted or something before we could move in.

Old 01-16-2015, 08:48 PM

A.F.D. Thank you. I am from TN, we moved to the manor in 55 and moved out in 60. My brother moved back to TN. How do I get to the group on facebook ?

Old 01-16-2015, 08:52 PM

NB I guess they moved out before you got there. My dad was a truck driver and was transferred from Knoxville to Ciny and I guess they told him where to stay.

Old 01-16-2015, 09:04 PM

Quote:
A.F.D. Thank you. I am from TN, we moved to the manor in 55 and moved out in 60. My brother moved back to TN. How do I get to the group on facebook ?
A.F.D. and I have never met, although it's certainly possible we may have crossed paths. We had some of the same friends which was very cool to discover.

Old 01-16-2015, 09:06 PM

I will get in touch with Brenda,give her your user name.Maybe she can pm you before she adds you.We have a wonderful group and only the menbers can see our post.
I`m orginally from East Tn. but I married in `66 and settled in middle Tn near Murfreesboro.

Old 01-16-2015, 09:09 PM

Stan,If you are not on facebook you will have to join before she can add you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati