Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2008, 11:00 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,631,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyden View Post
GManorborn, THANK YOU THANK YOU . I was soo excited when I seen this. I imeditally called my brother (who was watching a UK game). I sent it to him, we are going to go over it together. I know my daughters will think I'm ready for the farm now !!! That's ok , I still haven't signed the will yet LOL.
Did you work for GM? My dad and brother both retired from there. Anyway it's good to see someone new on here. Thanks Again, Hyden
You're not talking about the funny farm, are you? LOL! I agree, the aerial view shows much as I remember it, except for 2 or 3 of 'new' things. I can see the apt building we lived in, the laundromat I mentioned, even the wooded gully on the east side. Really exciting to see that view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiDiana View Post
I agree it is an excellent view...Thanks!!

BTW, Classmatesxcom has Stratford Manor listed as a neighborhood on their webstie for anyone interested.
I assume you mean Classmates.com. Heh-heh. We all make mistakes like that.

CAUTION TO MEMBERS!
As a heads-up alert, I googled "classmatesxcom" and found several links for it which all seem to contain a computer virus (or malware) called "FakeAlert".

What I found was a fake ad telling you that your computer is infected with a virus and that you should immediately download a program to remove it. DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANYTHING! Regardless,even if you click cancel, you'll find your browser has been hijacked. The "ad" won't let you out and continues giving you the popup to download the program to "remove the virus from your computer". The only way out is to restart your computer. The way I found out what it was called is that I had my own trusted anti-virus program do a complete search of my computer (as a precaution) which took about 10 hours. It probably wasn't necessary, but better safe than sorry. Anyway, I found the virus was already trapped and held in a vault by the anti-virus program I use.

I have an anti-virus program running all the time, which, fortunately, protected my computer and trapped the virus. Please be sure to have good anti-virus, anti-spyware, and firewall programs activated on your computer at all times when you're browsing the Internet. And get them updated frequently. There's a lot of malware out there on the Internet.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:43 PM

60 posts, read 166,036 times
Quote:
Did you work for GM?

No, the GM is for Golf Manor where I grew up. My only connections to Stratford Manor are a friend who had an after school job at the drug store (I remember he had to wear a tie!) and our knothole baseball league, which was mainly Pleasant Ridge and Kennedy Heights had one team (Ray-Lou Realty?) with kids from Stratford Manor.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:14 PM

325 posts, read 1,124,319 times
NightBazaar, Yes I am talking about the funny farm. You know what though the best fun was besides showing my daughters the map, I got to show all 4 grand kids the map and I kept scooting it so they could see how far I walked to school at Lyons, and of course how far it was all the way back!! Boy I'll tell you what, when I have something to prove it's like a mission .LOL Now I will keep it sorta like ammo, when they get to noisy all I'll have to do is ask ""kids has mammy ever shown you on the computer where she used to live and how far she walked to school?" They will get out of my sight so fast !! Yeah I'll keep this one forever LOL Hyden

Old 11-21-2008, 04:31 PM

69 posts, read 269,490 times
To all, I'm really sorry for that mistake. I truly had no idea. NightBazaar, thanks for catching my mistake and cautioning others. And, of course, I did mean Classmates.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
I assume you mean Classmates.com. Heh-heh. We all make mistakes like that.

CAUTION TO MEMBERS!
As a heads-up alert, I googled "classmatesxcom" and found several links for it which all seem to contain a computer virus (or malware) called "FakeAlert".

What I found was a fake ad telling you that your computer is infected with a virus and that you should immediately download a program to remove it. DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANYTHING! Regardless,even if you click cancel, you'll find your browser has been hijacked. The "ad" won't let you out and continues giving you the popup to download the program to "remove the virus from your computer". The only way out is to restart your computer. The way I found out what it was called is that I had my own trusted anti-virus program do a complete search of my computer (as a precaution) which took about 10 hours. It probably wasn't necessary, but better safe than sorry. Anyway, I found the virus was already trapped and held in a vault by the anti-virus program I use.

I have an anti-virus program running all the time, which, fortunately, protected my computer and trapped the virus. Please be sure to have good anti-virus, anti-spyware, and firewall programs activated on your computer at all times when you're browsing the Internet. And get them updated frequently. There's a lot of malware out there on the Internet.

Old 11-21-2008, 04:40 PM

69 posts, read 269,490 times
No, I don't. I was about 13 when we moved from there the last time. I kept in touch with some of my friends during that period even going to a friend's wedding in the mid 70's, but just lost touch over the years. I recently tried to look up a couple of people and might try an email, but it's just been so long.

Quote:
Thanks, CHiDiana, I'll try look for it. Do you ever email anyone form there?
Hyden

Old 11-21-2008, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiDiana View Post
To all, I'm really sorry for that mistake. I truly had no idea. NightBazaar, thanks for catching my mistake and cautioning others. And, of course, I did mean Classmates.com
No need to apologize for anything. Actually, I'm glad to have found the problem. It just goes to show that there's still a lot of viruses and things on the Internet that are really disturbing. And it also goes to show the importance of making sure your anti-virus programs, etc., are frequently updated and running while surfing the Internet. You never know what kind of intruding problems any of us might come across.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:49 PM

185 posts, read 458,516 times
Quote:
I am trying to get information on this Cincinnati neighborhood. I lived there for 14 years . I would love to exchange and hear others stories about it. It was great growing up there . It had everything you needed within itself. Drs. office, grocery store, drug store, barber shop, bar, chili bar grade school, nursery school. I could go on and on. Its gone now...I would like to find an ariel view of it.

Hayden,I also grew up in the Stradford Manor complex,we moved to Tennessee in `58.Would love to hear from you.

Old 11-21-2008, 10:25 PM

185 posts, read 458,516 times
I to have fond memories of Stratford Manor,we left there in 1958.I went to Eastwood Elem. School & my sister went to Lyons.We spent our Sundays @ Coney Island.Would love to hear from you guys.

Old 11-21-2008, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.F.D. View Post
I to have fond memories of Stratford Manor,we left there in 1958.I went to Eastwood Elem. School & my sister went to Lyons.We spent our Sundays @ Coney Island.Would love to hear from you guys.

Hi A.D.F.! Glad to have you join us on this thread. I lived in Stratford Manor the same time you did, and left about the same time as well. Where did you live in the manor?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati