Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2009, 06:17 PM

325 posts, read 1,124,319 times

Advertisements

NightBazaar, Thanks Again I don't know what I would do without all your help. I was planning on this big hunt and by accident they were in a cabinet where I was looking for something else. I'm the one in front far right. This is Kindergarden and 2nd grade. Some of these kids in all the school pictures also lived in Shwanee Trail. That was a little subdivision on the other side of the graveyard. I hope some will see someone they know. Hyden
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2009, 06:29 PM

NightBazaar, You are right about the teachers although I never had a problem, but my brother Ronnie had a teacher just outright pick on him. I forget what grade it was but our mother went to the room and caught her at it. Mom was only 4'10 so she blended well with some of the other students, she kept telling her to stop but she never looked to see who was speaking, but when mom grabbed her by the arm she knew then!. I think her name was something like Miss Roberto or something like that.
Never had any problems after that. Mom was small but dynimite
Teachers could have told the parents and back then they would have taken care of it, today the parents would be arrested, I chose to raise mine the old fashion way
Spare the Rod spoil the child. Hyden

Old 01-29-2009, 01:58 PM

4 posts, read 8,864 times
Thumbs up Totally amazed

Just found this website city data by chance. I was looking up some info at work and can't believe I made it to the stratford manor/eastwood village site. I went to Madisonville Elem. who remembers that and Lyon Jr. High then Withrow in the 60's and 70's. Lived in Eastwood Village when it was really going down bad. Sad to see what happened to the whole area. I drive through there every once and a while just to go down memory lane. Nothing is as it use to be.......anyone remember Arts Chili Kitchen?? Great to hear all your blogs......keep them coming!

Old 01-29-2009, 04:02 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,631,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbie007harley View Post
Just found this website city data by chance. I was looking up some info at work and can't believe I made it to the stratford manor/eastwood village site. I went to Madisonville Elem. who remembers that and Lyon Jr. High then Withrow in the 60's and 70's. Lived in Eastwood Village when it was really going down bad. Sad to see what happened to the whole area. I drive through there every once and a while just to go down memory lane. Nothing is as it use to be.......anyone remember Arts Chili Kitchen?? Great to hear all your blogs......keep them coming!

Hi Barbie007harley! Welcome and we're glad you found this thread. If you don't mind, maybe it's easier just calling you Barbie. We'd love to hear about your memories of the place.

Agreed, nothing is as it used to be. As far as I know, there's nothing left of the place. Apart from Kingsley Drive, everything else is gone. As has been mentioned several times before, no one would ever guess there was a thriving community there at one time.

I also sort of stumbled across this thread while hunting for info, etc., about Stratford Manor. I suppose everyone here came across it by chance in one way or another, except for Hyden who started it. It's quite a nostalgic but rewarding adventure reading all the posts.

Where did you live?

Old 01-30-2009, 09:08 PM

I went to madisonville in the 60's and then Lyon Jr. High followed by that the big Withrow.....lived all over that area including Eastwood Village.....would love to talk about how it use to be before the area got destroyed.......stumbeled onto this website by total mistake and love reading all the blogs Great Stuff

Old 01-30-2009, 09:21 PM

Hyden............Love to hear more nostalgic stories........lived there all my life and have no contact with anyone from the old days

Old 01-30-2009, 09:22 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,631,116 times
Do you recall which street you lived on in Eastwood Village?

Old 01-30-2009, 09:23 PM

Default Madisonville

My Mom wanted her ashes spread over Madisonville.........Lot of History there was something in her day when we grew up there

Old 01-31-2009, 05:06 AM

7 posts, read 22,078 times
Anyone remember Miss Walsh or Mrs. Wardlaw ? My kindergarten and 1st grade teachers. I moved to Loveland Hts. in Nov. of 1960, but I do remember some things about Stratford Manor.

Old 01-31-2009, 10:51 AM

Barbie, I'm so glad you found this thread. Do you know what street you lived on in the Village or maybe some pictures of the place while you were there? So many of us have remembered others by the old pictures. Stay with us, you never know what we are going to remember next Hyden
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati