Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2009, 03:36 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,636,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by soozycue520 View Post

Fantasy Farm was located right next door to LeSourdsville Lake. It was geared toward younger children, with smaller rides & animals. After you went to LeSourdsville Lake, Fantasy Farm was no fun anymore.

Soozycue, thank you for clarifying where Fantasy Farm is/was located. I've been to LeSourdsville Lake numerous times. I didn't know (or just don't remember) there was a kiddy park next door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 04:55 PM

15 posts, read 70,648 times
I just remembered Rinks was China Town (store) at one point. I don't know which of the stores had the ferris wheel but it was the same building and site for both.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHONDA W1954 View Post
I just remembered Rinks was China Town (store) at one point. I don't know which of the stores had the ferris wheel but it was the same building and site for both.

Okay, then that's a different place than I was thinking about. Sounds pretty small. The places I mentioned were more the size of an amusement carnival that are often at county or state fairs. I don't remember there were any stores by the one near Coney Island. It was open all summer and was located on a bare lot. The rides weren't exactly whoppers, but it was still fun going there. And they had the usual concession stands and midway games.

Old 03-03-2009, 06:10 PM

267 posts, read 722,476 times
is fantasy farm still around and LeSourdsville Lake?

Old 03-03-2009, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwoodsman View Post
is fantasy farm still around and LeSourdsville Lake?

From what I can find on the Internet, it looks like Jerry Couch bought it in May, 1999, and still owns it as of early 2009. But the park has had a pretty rocky financial road opening and closing. I'm not sure if it's been reopened, but I sort of gather that it's probably been closed since 2002.

Americana/Lesourdesville Lake Amusement Park - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.rcdb.com/pd82.htm (broken link)

Last edited by NightBazaar; 03-03-2009 at 07:08 PM..

Old 03-04-2009, 01:37 AM

15 posts, read 70,648 times
My mom and I were up past Fantasy Farms and LeSourdsville about a month ago. Both sites still standing though deserted. You can still see the roller coaster from the road. It was either called the Screeching Eagle or Flying eagle and it was one of the old wooden roller coasters.

The place near Coney is probably the same one I was thinking about. The rides were in a big lot but they were next to a store. I am trying to remember the progression of the names, I think it was China Town then Rinks then Van Leunens all of which are gone.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:04 AM

i remember americana.. i don't know if i've been there or not

Old 03-04-2009, 08:51 AM

Quote:
i remember americana.. i don't know if i've been there or not

It's the same place. LeSourdsville Lake Amusement Park went through some name changes. In 1977 the name was changed to Americana Amusement Park; the Great American Amusement Park. The name changes were probably an effort to compete with parks like Cedar Point and Kings Island. Unfortunately, it didn't help. In 2006, it was announced that most of the rides at the park would be sold and it would not reopen again as a traditional amusement park.

Old 03-04-2009, 02:29 PM

that's sad. wonder what will come of it

Old 03-04-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:
that's sad. wonder what will come of it

I agree. It is sad. It's hard to guess what will eventually happen to the land. Evidently there was an attempt to turn it into Couch's RV Super Center combined with the amusement park. In 2004, former Peony Park (whatever that is) owner Carl Jennings, was interested in buying the property from Jerry Couch, but the deal fell through because Couch wouldn't agree to it.

I suspect someone will eventually buy it. Maybe it'll be turned into condos with a lakeside view or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati