Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 10:11 AM

3 posts, read 5,327 times

Advertisements

Hello! I am thinking about purchasing my first home. It will just be my mother & I. I’m looking for something in the 50-65K price range. 70k is the most I can do. I come from hard times and found a great rental property in Forest Park so I’ve gotten used to the quiet street I’m on along with the slower pace of the suburb. Unfortunately I’m moving because the rental agency sucks. I would appreciate the help. I’ve visited Kenwood and loved the area I know I can’t afford to live there however, any quiet and nice places nearby would be nice or even areas near where I am currently located.

Any good neighborhood suggestions that are great to live with affordable living ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2018, 01:03 PM

610 posts, read 797,517 times
That's a tough one. If I were you I would draw a big circle map around Cincinnati on Zillow and set up those price ranges. Also, if you're handy you could probably find a good fixer up. Maybe foreclosures or auctions? As far as neighborhoods....I'm not sure. You might find small house for that price in places like Silverton, Kennedy Heights or Madisonville. The only other thing that's popping into my head is some of the older river towns in NKY like Covington, Newport and Bellevue probably has a some steals like that in safer areas. Good Luck.

Old 01-16-2018, 03:51 PM

410 posts, read 587,205 times
I would agree: Silverton, Kennedy Heights, Madisonville and add Norwood, Deer Park, Paddock Hills, Price Hill, Cheviot, North College Hill etc.

A quick search with your pricing revealed many houses.

https://www.comey.com/p/3110-Murdock..._cincy/1560449

Old 01-16-2018, 06:14 PM

64 posts, read 81,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincydave8 View Post
That's a tough one. If I were you I would draw a big circle map around Cincinnati on Zillow and set up those price ranges. Also, if you're handy you could probably find a good fixer up. Maybe foreclosures or auctions? As far as neighborhoods....I'm not sure. You might find small house for that price in places like Silverton, Kennedy Heights or Madisonville. The only other thing that's popping into my head is some of the older river towns in NKY like Covington, Newport and Bellevue probably has a some steals like that in safer areas. Good Luck.

Madisonville is starting to get a bit pricey- you'd be lucky to get a fixer-upper in the 70K range now, and those usually get snapped up the moment they go on the market by flippers. Silverton is on its way up because of the big development at Stewart & Montgomery, but I think there are still some good deals to be had. The schools, though, are not great from what I hear, which can potentially affect resale value, if that is important to the OP.

Last edited by cincitransplant2; 01-16-2018 at 06:15 PM.. Reason: accidentally deleted last part of sentence

Old 01-16-2018, 08:23 PM

410 posts, read 587,205 times
Silverton is part of Cincinnati Public Schools.

Old 01-16-2018, 10:26 PM

1,606 posts, read 2,839,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tp23 View Post
Hello! I am thinking about purchasing my first home. It will just be my mother & I. I’m looking for something in the 50-65K price range. 70k is the most I can do. I come from hard times and found a great rental property in Forest Park so I’ve gotten used to the quiet street I’m on along with the slower pace of the suburb. Unfortunately I’m moving because the rental agency sucks. I would appreciate the help. I’ve visited Kenwood and loved the area I know I can’t afford to live there however, any quiet and nice places nearby would be nice or even areas near where I am currently located.

Any good neighborhood suggestions that are great to live with affordable living ?
You should look into grants for down payments and closing costs. That's I did in Ky. The grant I got was for 10k. You have to live in the home for 5 years then it all yours.

Down Payment Closing Cost Assistance - Kentucky Housing Corporation

It's only in Kenton county at the moment. They have this grant every so often and it goes FAST.

Old 01-17-2018, 07:13 AM

43 posts, read 101,030 times
There isn't much in St. Bernard at the moment (regardless of price), but 60-70k homes do pop up there. It has access to 75 and 562 so it's not far from Kenwood (10 min). Most areas are very quiet and it has a small town vibe even though it's surrounded by the city.

Old 01-17-2018, 08:57 AM

245 posts, read 333,249 times
Check out Golf Manor. Very convenient and affordable.

Old 01-17-2018, 03:57 PM

3 posts, read 5,327 times
Thank you guys for the responses!! Any areas that are quiet and suburban similar to Forest Park/Springdale?

Old 03-13-2018, 11:18 AM

1 posts, read 1,959 times
It might be too late now, but you might consider looking in Greenhills. It's close where you are, convenient access to different areas, and you may be able to find a fixer-upper/townhouse/rental in your price range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati