Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2018, 11:40 AM

64 posts, read 81,658 times

Advertisements

We are looking to pierce our 5 year old's ears (at her repeated request), and have come to the conclusion that a tattoo parlor is the best place to do it. The unsanitary blunt force piercing guns at Claire's at the hands of an untrained teenager are not an option, and I have heard stories about pediatrician offices not measuring the center of each lobe, thus ending with lopsided results.

Reputable tattoo parlors will sterilize instruments or use single-use needles and have the most experience with piercing. I just don't know which parlors are kid-friendly and reputable- a google search deals more with the tattoo element, rather than the piercing.

Any Cincinnati parlor recommendations out there from people who have taken their children to a parlor for ear piercings?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2018, 03:31 PM

410 posts, read 586,672 times
Skincraft in Northside does a great job with kids. Several people I know recommend Dawn.

Skincraft Piercing & Tattoo

Old 02-18-2018, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi in cinci View Post
Skincraft in Northside does a great job with kids. Several people I know recommend Dawn.

Skincraft Piercing & Tattoo
Thank you- I appreciate your recommendation.

Old 02-23-2018, 01:57 AM

7 posts, read 10,654 times
Jess the piercer at Beelistic.

Only thing I can say for Skincraft is that I needed something redone due to placement. But that was by Tony. Maybe Dawn is better.

Skincraft, I will say is probably slightly more kid friendly due to decor if that matters to them.

Old 02-23-2018, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutoRacer View Post
Jess the piercer at Beelistic.

Only thing I can say for Skincraft is that I needed something redone due to placement. But that was by Tony. Maybe Dawn is better.

Skincraft, I will say is probably slightly more kid friendly due to decor if that matters to them.
Thank you- I will touch base with Beelistic. Skincraft doesn't do kids under 12, and if Beelistic says something similar, I will take that as a sign that I should wait. I wasn't much older than my daughter when I got my ears pierced, but I also grew up in an era where lawn darts were all the rage and seat belts/carseats were nonexistent...

Old 02-23-2018, 09:56 AM

17,544 posts, read 13,329,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincitransplant2 View Post
Thank you- I will touch base with Beelistic. Skincraft doesn't do kids under 12, and if Beelistic says something similar, I will take that as a sign that I should wait. I wasn't much older than my daughter when I got my ears pierced, but I also grew up in an era where lawn darts were all the rage and seat belts/carseats were nonexistent...
Lawn darts great for piercing skulls

Old 02-23-2018, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Lawn darts great for piercing skulls
Yup...can't really understand why that type of body modification did not catch on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati