Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 06:53 PM

884 posts, read 2,641,405 times

Advertisements

Forbes disagrees with you about there not being anything to do in Cincy on a Friday/Saturday night. In its 2006 "Best Cities for Singles" report, it ranked Cincinnati as #1 out of the 40 largest metro areas in the country for nightlife:

I could care less about what FORBES says. Forbes does not target African American professionals. Go to any of those places recommended and you can't count on 2 hands the number of black faces in those places. I have been through Mt.Adams on a weekend night and got looked at like I had three heads. As soon as blacks started going to that bar by the arts center downtown the place closed...

There is LOTS to do in Cincinnati if you are white. However, I am not and I don't enjoy being stared at or listening to Britney Spears and Brooks and Dunn all night long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2007, 12:54 PM

187 posts, read 918,583 times
Bigblue:

I am 100% with you! This is a place for whites to enjoy the arts,culture and sports because I know I don't, as I have said in other posts, this is my LAST few months in Cincinnati as I just cannot take it no more! I am tired of complaining.

By the way, PLEASE DO NOT LISTEN TO FORBES! This magazine is bought and sold my advertising by Cincinnati based corporations, the media, and even the Chambe of Commerce. Keep in mind that Cincinnati do have many prominent white CEO's and politicians who are friends with the Publisher and Editor of Forbes magazine. So it would be easy for forbes to visit this place and say hey, this place is much better than New York City, Atlanta, Charlotte, Savannah, Denver....

Old 01-24-2007, 06:49 PM

884 posts, read 2,641,405 times
^5 Well in my MBA class we were just talking about "image advertising" where the powers that be will basically buy good press. I think it was 2 yrs ago that Cincinnati got rated one of the worst cities for singles and I 'think' it was Forbes....lol Those magazines are full of it anyways. By the time the pages go to press the bars are closed down!. Anybody say MAIN STREET!.
If P&G would pick up and leave tomorrow this whole city would shut down. I believe they 'buy' these ads to attract people to work here. You know Cincinnati is NOT on the map for hip young people.

Old 03-06-2007, 10:39 PM

1,082 posts, read 4,716,521 times
I think's its funny that I just got a message saying I could not rate Subway's post positively bec I needed to "spread it around". I grew up near cincinnatti and was just browsing, and I will say one thing: people who have been here all this time need to get out and see the world bec man, a lot of you are down on your town.

Rckymtnr, I just saw you on the oregon posts saying you were moving west from wyo; what's up with now having been in Cincy for 18 months? Do you have a real home?

Everybody in this country thinks crime is high in the city, there are not enough jobs, and somewhere else is better. It's enough to make me stay put.

Old 04-11-2007, 10:36 PM

9 posts, read 37,197 times
while i wouldnt rank cinti as "the city with the best night life" i also wouldnt go so far as to say there isnt anything to do here. ever been to Mt.Adams or OTR on a friday or saturday night? plenty of bars cinti also was ranked the best college basketball city in the country by ESPN The Magazine a few years back. not to mention the Bengals are finally shows signs of life for the first time in over a decade. also the Reds.........stadium is sort of new

Old 04-25-2007, 05:44 PM

36 posts, read 125,203 times
Ok, I am sorry I have to say this. I am sure it will offend some of you but, oh well. You all wonder why Cincinnati has a bad reputation. It is because of people like Derrick and BigBlueLandRover. I don't feel the need to post all over the internet how horrible where I live is. If you don't like it then move! I have one question to ask. If you have so much to complain about, What have you done to turn it around?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: