Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 07:30 AM

257 posts, read 606,449 times

Advertisements

I've decided against it, after talking to some others who live in the neighborhood, I got the same idea from all of them. I did search for that street on the internet and didn't care for what I found, either. The cops that I talked to patrol West Price Hill, so I figure they would know, as well.

My thing was, I don't mind if the area is so-so now, if it looks like it will improve, and that's really something the Saturday/Sunday test won't tell you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2008, 09:58 AM

4,882 posts, read 13,748,929 times
Let us know where you end up. Since it sounds like the west side is appealing to you, my backup reco's of Covedale and Cheviot still stand. Add Monfort Hts and White Oak (a little farther out, but near I-74) to the list, and Delhi or Fernbank or Sayler Park for farther out still. Due to the duration of your anticipated sojourn, I think we can rule out Price Hill or Westwood since they could "go either way."

Old 04-07-2008, 05:33 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,526,403 times
I was born and raised in Delhi. I would not move to some parts of Delhi. Not that it is bad but it borders Price Hill and that scares me...But other parts of Delhi that border Green Township are nice. Further down on Rapid Run is nice too...Great schools as well...I am a fan of Sayler Park too.... Covedale has some really cute homes too...I am not sure what public school district that is in. Oak Hills is preferable over West High and those are the 2 in that area....

Old 04-25-2008, 06:50 AM

310 posts, read 1,204,906 times
Default New to Town

I would also suggest some of the river cities in Northern Kentucky. As far as buying, I think now is a great time. Buyers have more control and many sellers are anxious to sell their homes. After 20 yrs, I just recently bought a home because of the market climate.

Old 04-27-2008, 12:41 AM

4,882 posts, read 13,748,929 times
Default Word to Mircea

Next time I'm "home," I wanna buy Mircea a beer.
Maps going back many years have "West Price Hill" stamped over the area around where Glenway makes its big turn to the northwest to head into Covedale. But "East Price Hill" is a new invention, ditto for the oxymoronic "East Westwood." I've harped on this time after time. It's nice to see validation
Once upon a time in my youth, Cincinnati was said to have 44 neighborhoods. Now, as if by magic, with no expansion to the city limits there are 53. And it's all about "coded language," communicating - without direct references - to the nervous Caucasians out there what section is "good" as opposed to which one "they" live in or are "taking over." The same sort of thing goes on everywhere, but it's most egregious in the Queen City. What gets me fired up the most lately is how everyone is supposed to start referring to Winton Place as "Spring Grove Village." Hmmmm...maybe, just maybe, that's because big ol' nasty Winton Terrace - home to hundreds of "them" (low-income, mostly if not entirely "minority") is too similarly titled? "No, no, 'Place,' not 'Terrace,' Mom and Dad. My house is in the good area." It's all too easy to picture scads of conversations like that. The all-time prime example of coded community naming, though, isn't in Ohio but in its neighboring state to the north. Ever hear of Eastpointe, MI? You might recognize it by its former name, East Detroit - the citizens voted for a name change during the '90s.
I hope the weather cooperates for the Westwood House Tour later today!

Old 04-28-2008, 11:04 AM

41,728 posts, read 74,675,578 times
Goguy, another example is the rechristening of the westernmost portion of Eastern Avenue (heh) as "Riverside Drive." Whatever. Rich folks in those fancy new condos couldn't handle living on Eastern Avenue? Gimme a break.

Next thing you know some developer will tear down St. Rose's to build a freakin' Starbucks.

The real kicker is that the original vision was for all that new housing on Eastern Avenue to be affordable housing, for working and middle class folks.

Oy.

Old 05-25-2008, 10:55 AM

43 posts, read 290,130 times
I love "East Westwood" and "Spring Grove Village". lol!!! The village is very deceiving....

Old 06-08-2008, 01:21 PM

250 posts, read 326,847 times
Hey all I was born in Cincinnati,Oh,we lived in PriceHill off of Grand Avenue and went to Whittier Elementary School.We moved in 1989 to Riverdale Ga I was 7 at the time.Many a times I visited the Covington,Ky/Cincinnati, Oh area,but never went back to the old neighborhood and I was curious on how it was.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:41 AM

1,071 posts, read 4,438,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albedo View Post
Hey all I was born in Cincinnati,Oh,we lived in PriceHill off of Grand Avenue and went to Whittier Elementary School.We moved in 1989 to Riverdale Ga I was 7 at the time.Many a times I visited the Covington,Ky/Cincinnati, Oh area,but never went back to the old neighborhood and I was curious on how it was.
not good

Old 06-16-2008, 10:04 PM

2 posts, read 6,128 times
i have lived in price hill for 18 years and have never had any real problems. there are always people driving loud cars up the street until about midnight and people hanging out on the cornors, until 12 also. if you are planning on moving to price hill i would suggest moving toward the St teressa of aliva chatholic church on the cornor of glenway ave. and cleaves warsaw ave. there are a lot of smaller houses with decent sized yards, and this part of price hill is very quiet at night and is a bit farther away from all of the "roucus and action". i hope this helps. good luck finding a great home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati