Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 05:15 AM

610 posts, read 791,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbcook1 View Post
I've heard Cincinnati has one of the longest abondended subway tunnel networks in the US. I'm curious how far along it was to being done before they stopped and is there any hope of going in and completing construction on this in the future? It would be really cool if they could, but just not sure the state of it today and how much investment it would take. I was in Cincy couple years ago and going again this summer. Love the city and hope it gets more robust rail transit someday!
7 miles were completed on the Subway. This website will give more than detailed history of the Subway: CINCINNATI SUBWAY

The subway is currently in use for a place for new sewer lines and electronic cables. There used to be tours once a year but I think those have permanently stopped.The last real push to have it brought back was in 2002 with the Metro Moves vote which for a measly 1/2 cent sales tax increase would brought in a robust transit network including rail. It failed - pretty badly too. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MetroMoves

There are no current plans to use the subways for the intended use.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2019, 12:41 PM

26 posts, read 40,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanac View Post
Do you know where I can find apartments in Covington for under 700 dollars a month?
Gastright Properties has a few apartments in that price range. The Wallace Avenue and Scott Boulevard apartments would be worth checking out. I’d skip the Pearl Street location.

https://www.gastrightproperties.com/vacancies.php

Old 05-01-2019, 11:10 PM

16 posts, read 24,094 times
I don't know if you are specifically wanting to stay in Covington, but if you go up the hill a bit into Park Hills/Ft Wright, there is an apartment complex Devou Village, which is in that price range. Some are over, some under, some rents include heat, etc, some don't. The complex has a pool, clubhouse, etc., but is a bit dated. I lived there ten years ago or so and the apartments were clean, everything was in good working order, but the complex looks like it is straight out the 80s, but was a good place to live for the price. When I lived there, it was owned by Wessels, which is a prominent developer in the area that I believe are going to give you a clean, in good repair apartment, but nothing more. There are other nicer places, with more stuff and fancier, etc, but the area is top notch. Very close to the city, safe, on the fringe of a huge park (Devou Park), which gives you many things to do for leisure.

Old 05-02-2019, 11:12 AM

201 posts, read 217,729 times
On the Ohio side, if you can be in one of the small northeastern suburbs like Silverton, Kenwood, or Blue Ash, you can get to the city from the bus. Those suburbs are pretty safe and affordable. Try to stay close to Montgomery Road. It will take about an hour or so to get downtown, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: