Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2019, 11:37 AM

12 posts, read 12,368 times

Advertisements

Hello realtors, Cincinnati dwellers, and anyone who may be able to offer advice on apartment hunting in a short time period. My husband and I are planning to move to Cincinnati on or around 01 August. We plan on renting for our first year until we find the neighborhood that is best suited to us. Once our home is under contract and before we make the move, I will travel to Cincinnati to apartment hunt.

My question is, would it be possible/recommended to get a realtor to show me around to the different apartments I find online, or is this something I will have to do on my own? My time will likely be limited to a week at most, and I want to ensure that I will be able to see everything I am interested in during that time. I know there is an application process for most places and I’m wondering what the average length of time it takes for that to process. Basically, I am hoping to go to Cincy, look at apartments, apply for the selected one, and be able to move in about two weeks later. Does anyone have long-distance apartment hunting experience similar to this, any recommendations, thoughts on how realistic I am being? I’ve not done the whirlwind apartment hunt before and I want to make sure I’m allowing sufficient time to accomplish what I need to.

If it matters, I am looking in fairly specific areas within the center of the city such as OTR, Downtown, Gaslight, and possibly Northside. We've narrowed it down a bit, so I won't be looking far and wide for a place for us.

Thank you in advance for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2019, 01:58 PM

90 posts, read 118,041 times
Hello and welcome to Cincinnati, I would look at urban sites for downtown/OTR and uptown rents for the Clifton area. Downtown/OTR you will have more young professional feel and Clifton gaslight Will
have a more college student feel. I would say if you cannot find anything in those sites I would highly recommend a realtor.

Last edited by Cincygrad2015; 06-11-2019 at 01:59 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 06-12-2019, 10:21 PM

25 posts, read 31,687 times
You can try CincyRents.com but they are mostly based on the eastside (Hyde Park, Mt Lookout, Mt Adams) with some listings in the city center.

Old 06-13-2019, 08:59 AM

410 posts, read 586,903 times
I would recommend checking out Paradrome Properties. They have buildings in many of the places you’ve mentioned and also East Walnut Hills.

https://www.paradromeproperties.com/

Old 06-13-2019, 11:08 AM

12 posts, read 12,368 times
Thank you, everyone for the advice. I will look at the suggested websites to prepare for my trip out there next month. I appreciate the input!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: