Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 08:44 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,535,238 times

Advertisements

Aw, c'mon jstn & yayoi!!! I'm a truck driver and I got a de-gree and all and I SHORE should be livin' down at the banks when they get built...

JakChe, I should apologise for making fun. But, at the same time, you should understand the ire of people who bust their hind ends for 20, 30 or more years only to see their taxes skyrocket and everyone else standing in line for a handout. I have no idea how old you are or your background. But I'm certain that I've been in the work force far longer than you have. I was young and liberal once and thought like most young and idealistic do. But years of hard work taught me that it's great to be able to help those who TRULY need it. Everyone else needs to get up off their seat and make their own way. Nobody owes you a dang thing in this life. And when you earn your own way you feel a HELUVA lot better than you'll EVER feel gettin' a handout from Uncle Sugar (which is actually We the People...)

Last edited by Crew Chief; 08-24-2009 at 08:55 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 08:57 AM

13 posts, read 30,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstn View Post
This is bullsh$%! You are a single mother of 3? What about your boyfriend of 8 years (and father of your children) that you mention in another thread? He can't find a way to support you and your kids? Great role model.

Let's get this right - You had not 1, not 2, but 3 children out of wedlock and think it's our responsibility to support them? I'm sure we paid for your college and now your rent, yet you feel as though we are holding you back?

Your hardships are self-induced my friend - it has nothing to do with Cincinnati looking down it's nose (your words) at you.

By the way, if you want people to really listen to what you have to say - you may consider showing off your education instead of writing as if you are texting your 14 year old girlfriend.

Yeh I should write as if I'm turning in an essay paper. Im sorry that I don't put semi colons where they ought to be. Get over yourself.

Since u wanna mention my kids. I was on housing before I had them. I'm sorry that everybody's not like u. We can't live with our mother's until we're 30 and "feel ready". I was on my own for a long time. What u were able to learn before u "left the nest" I was not able to get. So I had to live and learn. So know that just because u had to do it doesn't mean the same for anybody else. Because it's NOT. So get your head from out of your a for second.

And Am I not single? I'm sure not married. Yes I am the lucky few with a bf and father in my life. He can and has supported us. Besides housing I've (we've) never sat on our asses and wait for the gov. to give us anything. When u wanna try to quote me on something. Use all of the facts instead of just some. My bf works. Which again I'm glad that I don't have to and not obligated to pull money from where I don't have it to contribute to rent that I personally (my money alone) couldn't pay for and am able to look for work in the field in which I got a DEGREE...

And your tax dollars to pay for my school? If that's the fact then we're all at fault. At least 99% of us because I know not everybody in here is making enough money to not receive any financial aid. Suck it up. I can cry a river about my (or more recently his) tax dollars being wasted on all of the kids who go to school and drop out and don't pay a cent of their loans back. give me a break. Your tax dollars are ALWAYS gonna go to something that u don't agree with. So get over it. Last time I checked my tax dollars went to their schooling just as much as yours... Why don't u try this same rant when you're done working and your retirement money has run out and living on social security (if u even get it)? I'm sure you'll be crying to Uncle Sam to "help u out."

U can take cheap shots all day (which I expect from a lay like yourself) but the whole thing is that there should be something better for those who aren't trying to work the sytem. Get the sterling silver spoon out of your mouth for a second. I never said that ppl on section 8 should be entitled to the banks. U can have em. But we shouldn't have to be made to stay in the bad communities until we can get out. It's so easy to say what someone should do until you're there. Ppl are losing jobs everyday. I wouldn't wish loss of income on anyone but if u do.... When your savings runs out, family isn't lending u any money. think about what u said while u wait for temporary assistance. Because temp may turn into long term.

Old 08-28-2009, 01:58 PM

71 posts, read 229,482 times
"I wouldn't wish loss of income on anyone but if u do.... When your savings runs out, family isn't lending u any money. think about what u said while u wait for temporary assistance. Because temp may turn into long term."

You have spoken the truth right here. It can happen to anyone. You have to just ignore some of these people here. Some people are mean spirited and could care less for "THOSE" not like them.

There is a lot of cloaked "Good Ole Boy" talk here. Continue to do what is best for you and your family. Let the rest be bitter and live your life........

Old 10-06-2009, 04:43 PM

Location: City - Prefer the country. People shouldn't have to live where they can't see the stars.
98 posts, read 283,783 times
Ok, ok, ok...
I just can't keep silent another second. I gotta ask you JakChe...
Quote:
Since u wanna mention my kids. I was on housing before I had them.
Now exactly how is it that you managed that? You're obviously not elderly. Where you orphaned? Are you disabled? Or, let me guess, you grew up in public housing.
And, if that's true:
Quote:
Yes I am the lucky few with a bf and father in my life. He can and has supported us. Besides housing I've (we've) never sat on our asses and wait for the gov. to give us anything.
and you are saying that your bf has SUPPORTED you, then I have to ask, why the hell are you living in Section 8 housing?? That's not supporting you honey, that's leaving you swing.
So...you want us to believe you don't get food stamps? Or don't food stamps really count to you?? Then you said
Quote:
But we shouldn't have to be made to stay in the bad communities until we can get out.
Well where should you be made to stay?? And just exactly who the hell is it that makes Section 8 housing so bad??? Could it possibly be the Section 8 people living in those developments? Sweetie, you are the one that needs to 'get over yourself'. You are the one in need. So taking on an attitude isn't going to get you anywhere with people that pay taxes.
You think I don't understand, but I do. My sister is a single, home-owning mother, going to school, and working her ass off at UPS everynight until 4am, then scrambling to class by 8:30am. She doesn't get any free passes because she is in school. Her kid still has to eat, and no one is paying her house payment.
That brings me to
Quote:
Last time I checked my tax dollars went to their schooling just as much as yours...
OMG, what tax dollars??? By your own account, you apparently haven't paid any freakin' taxes. You've lived in government housing, and had children early. What taxes have you paid??
I've seen multiple Section 8 rebuilds, Louisville is in the process of doing a big one right now. I can tell you exactly how it's going to turn out, it's always the same. The place gets trashed out, the recipients of the taxpayer-funded housing complain about their plight until the taxpayers rebuild again...blah, blah, blah.
And, jstn is right. You are blaming Cincinnati for a problem that has nothing to do with location.
I have hiring imput for an international corporation. If I had your resume' in my hand, and had a chance to read your posts, U wudnt get a interveu...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati