Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2020, 02:56 PM

2 posts, read 5,914 times

Advertisements

I'm currently researching Cincinnati for a potential move there within the next year. I'm wondering what neighborhoods I should be looking into the most?

Just going to fill out some of the copy and paste thing to start:

. Where is you current location and environment? Rural western Kentucky, near my hometown. My current town has one store, which is also a gas station. It's... not very lively. But the cost of living is very low.
. Are you looking for similar in Cincinnati or a change? Looking for a change.

. Where will your work location be? I would be working from home.
. What is you budget for housing? $1500 per month or less
. Rent or buy? rent
. Type: Any type

. Neighborhood environment?
. I love art, theatre, and live music. Stages, museums, comic book stores, and coffee shops are more my thing as opposed to bars and clubs etc.
. Yard - a small yard would be a plus (I have two dogs) but as long as there is somewhere to walk them it wouldn't have to be my personal outdoor space
. Very safe, low crime area? Yes, I'm a single female and would like a safer area.
- I'm in my early 30s so maybe somewhere with creatives/professionals around that age.

. Community amenities?
. It would be nice to have a park and/or a restaurant within walking distance.
. I really enjoy walking outdoors with my dogs, so just a good place to walk around in general
- I have a car so public transit is not an issue.
- There aren't any amenities in my current location so just having a few things and sidewalks would be a step up. It could be more urban or more suburban or even a small town feel. I'm not really too stuck on that.
- Diversity would be nice.
. Specific wants/desires?
. I enjoy being involved in theatre, so finding a group to be a part of, the potential to audition or take acting classes, and attend shows to find other people who share this interest would be amazing.

------
My goal for this year was to visit the city more to learn about the neighborhoods first hand, see some shows, and go to Cincinnati Comic Expo again. That isn't quite working out with the whole pandemic situation, so I'm trying to get an idea of neighborhoods from home. As far as cities my short list has been Nashville and Cincinnati, but slowly Cincinnati has taken the upper hand. I'm looking for a city that has amenities and a creative community while also being reasonably close to my hometown and a good place to travel from.

I'd really like some input from those of you who live there.
With the information I've given what neighborhoods should I consider? Does Cincinnati even sound like the right fit in general? So far Mount Adams and the Hyde Park area have come up in my research. How are those areas?

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2020, 08:19 AM

90 posts, read 117,923 times
Hello and welcome,

Mt. Adams and Hyde park are great areas but are not very diverse and artsy (THe art museum is in Mt. Adams though). I would definitely look into Northside and OTR (not the most safest areas in the city but I wouldn’t consider them unsafe either).

Old 08-09-2020, 08:42 AM

3,862 posts, read 3,140,061 times
"The Cincinnati Playhouse In The Park" theatre is also in Mount Adams. I would also include the Mainstrasse, Mutter Gottes, Licking Riverside neighborhoods of Covington KY. They are within walking distance of Downtown Cincinnati which has both small and large theatres.

Last edited by Coseau; 08-09-2020 at 08:53 AM..

Old 08-10-2020, 01:56 PM

2 posts, read 5,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincygrad2015 View Post
Hello and welcome,

Mt. Adams and Hyde park are great areas but are not very diverse and artsy (THe art museum is in Mt. Adams though). I would definitely look into Northside and OTR (not the most safest areas in the city but I wouldn’t consider them unsafe either).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coseau View Post
"The Cincinnati Playhouse In The Park" theatre is also in Mount Adams. I would also include the Mainstrasse, Mutter Gottes, Licking Riverside neighborhoods of Covington KY. They are within walking distance of Downtown Cincinnati which has both small and large theatres.
Thank you both for the suggestions! I'll look into these areas.

Old 08-17-2020, 05:56 AM

183 posts, read 196,830 times
I'd recommend Clifton and Northside specifically if you're looking for a more artsy feel to the neighborhood. I am also in my early thirties and I currently live a block north of the Ludlow Business District in Clifton. Plenty of grad students and others of a similar age living in the area, as well as families of all types. Coffee shops aplenty throughout Northside and Clifton as well as more boutique type shops. Clifton also has the city's premier art house theater, Esquire Theatre, which shows everything from Eraserhead to Rocky Horror, as well as new indie releases. Mt. Adams and Hyde Park are both nice but very upper class and yuppie. The theater scene in the Cincinnati area primarily consists of community theaters but the professional theater mentioned (Playhouse in the Park) is a good one. We of course also have The Cincinnati Shakespeare Company, Know Theater, and Ensemble Theater all located in Over the Rhine. That area still has sections primarily inhabited by artists and to a certain extant actors, but it is gentrifying and rapidly becoming expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: