Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 09:29 AM

2,204 posts, read 6,693,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillside View Post
you're right, and it sounds like a similar situation to those living in the gentrified areas of downtown. covington and newport are south cincinnati to me. it's just a river i guess .
BLASPHEMOUS!

It's the largest social/cultural/dividing barrier in the US!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 09:29 AM
QCP

185 posts, read 521,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
If you don't mind me asking, why?

I work with a lot of out-of-towners that immediately rule it out and I'm looking for a pattern?
Probably because you get on here and bash it all the time.

Old 05-29-2008, 11:34 AM

41,729 posts, read 74,665,297 times
Quote:
It's the largest social/cultural/dividing barrier in the US!
And here I thought the largest social/cultural/dividing barrier in the U.S. was the Mill Creek.

Old 05-29-2008, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
And here I thought the largest social/cultural/dividing barrier in the U.S. was the Mill Creek.
lol! Nice!

Old 05-29-2008, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCP View Post
Probably because you get on here and bash it all the time.
People aren't going to not move to an area because I bash it. Which I do not bash it.

All I've said was that I did once live in Newport. I came over from the Cincinnati side and it was not at all what I though it was going to be. I enjoy being around other people outside my race. A lot of folks come to City-Data looking for diversity, no city in NOKY is that by a long shot. This isn't a subjective comment, it's just true. NOKY usually attracts whites that are on all notches of the social scale.

Old 05-29-2008, 05:44 PM
QCP

185 posts, read 521,466 times
Quote:
People aren't going to not move to an area because I bash it. If we didn't think that our opinions carried influence, we wouldn't take the time to post them. Which I do not bash it.

All I've said was that I did once live in Newport. I came over from the Cincinnati side and it was not at all what I though it was going to be. I enjoy being around other people outside my race. I do as well, but let's be honest, most people don't. And that goes for all races. A lot of folks come to City-Data looking for diversity, no city in NOKY is that by a long shot. This isn't a subjective comment, it's just true. NOKY usually attracts whites that are on all notches of the social scale. Wouldn't that make it diverse? Diversity comes in many different forms other than skin color.
I'm just saying.....

Old 06-02-2008, 05:39 AM
Yac

6,049 posts, read 7,691,429 times
Guys please get back on topic.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: