Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2008, 12:14 PM

32 posts, read 184,530 times

Advertisements

I am a single male that just got out of a relationship. I grew up in Chicago and miss the charm of middle America and the Midwest. Rent in Chicago is a little to high for my budget and Cincy is right down my alley when it comes to afford ability. Is Cincy a pretty decent city and would I be making a good decision to move here? Is their a decent singles scene here, (since I just got out of a relationship?). P.S. How is the job market?

Last edited by ABQBound84; 10-19-2008 at 01:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 01:28 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,668,915 times
I love Cincinnati, except for the weather. It's very affordable, friendly, and safe. We have a lot of corporate headquarters here and, depending on your skill set, jobs can be easy to find and pay reasonably well. It's a typical Midwestern city which I think is a good thing. We don't seem to suffer the wild economic swings other parts of the country have or the fads. We're a bit more grounded and perhaps a bit behind. I think single guys have a lot of nice girls to pick from here and a lot of things to do. My single friends say it's a great place to be a bachelor. Best wishes!

Old 10-19-2008, 04:21 PM

1,597 posts, read 2,146,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQBound84 View Post
I am a single male that just got out of a relationship. I grew up in Chicago and miss the charm of middle America and the Midwest. Rent in Chicago is a little to high for my budget and Cincy is right down my alley when it comes to afford ability. Is Cincy a pretty decent city and would I be making a good decision to move here? Is their a decent singles scene here, (since I just got out of a relationship?). P.S. How is the job market?
Those are very broad questions, subject to much personal opinion. "Decent" is a relative term, so take what you read in here with a grain of salt. Much like other areas, Cincinnati is the kind of place where you can't get a good "feel" for it unless you come visit and have a look around different areas.

As a general rule, you're more likely to be able to afford living here over the majority of other places in the country. So don't sweat that. As for WHAT part of the area you'd want to live in, that's all subject to how much you would want to spend and the type of environment or home you'd want.

As for the job market....well, it's not the same as in southern areas or out west. But depending on what you do, you'd probably be able to find something.

Singles scene.....eh, it is what you make it. Just depends on what you like to do, and how actively you seek out others with the same interests. Cincinnati is more family-oriented. But sure, you can have a social life here. I'm sure you'll be able to hook up with others just fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: