Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 06:39 AM

42,004 posts, read 75,373,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramamama6685 View Post
I can't beleive Schmidt got re-elected. What the heck?
Gerrymandering at work. That district was very carefully carved out to favor the Republicans.

Jeannie is queen in Clermont and Brown counties as well.

The thing is ... She's really a nice person when you separate her from politics. She was an officious witch even back when she was a township trustee, but take her away from politics and she's a different person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 06:48 AM

710 posts, read 3,051,199 times
Actually if you look at all the congressional districts in Ohio, they are designed to cut the African American vote in half. The urban cores of Columbus, Cleveland, Toledo and Cincinnati are all cut in half by congressional districts.

Old 11-11-2008, 04:36 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,533,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlrosen View Post
Actually if you look at all the congressional districts in Ohio, they are designed to cut the African American vote in half. The urban cores of Columbus, Cleveland, Toledo and Cincinnati are all cut in half by congressional districts.

I don't know about lines being drawing along racial lines just to split the vote. Didn't all those places go blue(or most of them)?

Old 11-11-2008, 07:27 AM

710 posts, read 3,051,199 times
9 of 17 ohio seats are held by democrats

Old 11-11-2008, 11:47 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,559,177 times
Thanks for posting, Ohiogirl81! This is truly an OHIO-specific thread. BOT: I'm not sure what happened. Although I'm in Montgomery Co. (Motto: "Dayton residents put it on the ballot and the South Suburbs get to pay for it") I followed races in the Hamilton/Butler/Warren area with great interest.

I guess my only real knowledge of Chabot was WLW () but he sounded like a decent guy to me.

I wasn't particularly impressed with what I heard about Jean Schmidt...

I didn't hear; How did the red light-camera ban do?

Up here in Montgomery's 3rd District, we kept Republican Mike Turner because he does seem like he's doing a decent job (AND he voted against the bailout...)

Old 11-12-2008, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
Thanks for posting, Ohiogirl81! This is truly an OHIO-specific thread. BOT: I'm not sure what happened. Although I'm in Montgomery Co. (Motto: "Dayton residents put it on the ballot and the South Suburbs get to pay for it") I followed races in the Hamilton/Butler/Warren area with great interest.

I guess my only real knowledge of Chabot was WLW () but he sounded like a decent guy to me.

I wasn't particularly impressed with what I heard about Jean Schmidt...

I didn't hear; How did the red light-camera ban do?

Up here in Montgomery's 3rd District, we kept Republican Mike Turner because he does seem like he's doing a decent job (AND he voted against the bailout...)
I've actually been to a smallish meeting where Mike Turner gave a talk. I found him to be a very level headed, shoot straight from the hip kind of guy. I'm in Schmidt's district and she voted for the bailout. For the record, I have never voted for her!

Old 11-12-2008, 06:16 AM

42,004 posts, read 75,373,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
I guess my only real knowledge of Chabot was WLW ()
There you go again ... [/Ronald Reagan]

Old 11-15-2008, 08:08 AM

526 posts, read 1,484,785 times
Question I don't understand the comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlrosen View Post
you can thank suburban sprawl for that
Chabot won the suburban vote quite decisively; it was the urban vote that cost him the election. And I wonder how many Acorn types voted for the Democrat or if the lower than usual Republican turnout could be the culprit.

Could it be that Hamilton County (Ohio) could be turning blue? -- Wonder if I could find an affortable place in Warren County.

Old 11-15-2008, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
Chabot won the suburban vote quite decisively; it was the urban vote that cost him the election. And I wonder how many Acorn types voted for the Democrat or if the lower than usual Republican turnout could be the culprit.

Could it be that Hamilton County (Ohio) could be turning blue? -- Wonder if I could find an affortable place in Warren County.
If you're red, you would love it.. everybody here(that I tlaked to) voted for Schmidt with the exception of DH and myself. What color would I be? I guess Libertarians get white since red and blue are taken?

Old 11-15-2008, 04:06 PM

1,225 posts, read 4,461,238 times
Quote:
I've actually been to a smallish meeting where Mike Turner gave a talk. I found him to be a very level headed, shoot straight from the hip kind of guy
Mike Turner is a bigot. My opinion on the cretin (and his supporters) can be found here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati