Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 12:07 AM

673 posts, read 4,069,931 times

Advertisements

I know that Cincinnati's crime rate has increased dramatically since 2000 but it seems like they dont take it serious.

Cincinnati had 80 something homicides I believe last year with around 350,000people
Columbus had 102 homicides with 730,000 people

Why doesnt Cincinnati take it seriously? It seems like Cincinnati is very dimissive over their recent problems and they just ignore it.

I was in Cincinnati a few years and people were being loud and obnoxious with nothing to do around the street intersections.

Why doesnt Cincinnati just do a nice big sweep of all the loitering people causing issues and give them a ticket or send them to jail over the smallest infraction.

Why dont condemn all the problem properties in the city also.

I dont see why some cities make things harder then they are or try to be sensitive when dealing with people who cause problems and decrease quality of life.

I think Cincinnati would be a great city if the people running the city had any backbone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2007, 11:02 AM

13 posts, read 69,472 times
political correctness!

The mayor and council are afraid of offending anyone especially criminals

Old 04-11-2007, 10:41 PM

9 posts, read 37,200 times
Umm...the mayor announced last year that over 200 more police officers will be hired. And he has made the vortex unit permanent in OTR and Walnut Hills. id say thats a start

Old 04-11-2007, 10:43 PM

9 posts, read 37,200 times
o yeah....they also started a program to catch loiterers and juveniles from skipping school. i dont think mark mallory gets the respect he deserves from people like you

Old 04-27-2007, 12:18 PM

1,408 posts, read 4,862,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoneman View Post
political correctness!

The mayor and council are afraid of offending anyone especially criminals
BINGO! You are 100% right.

To properly address any crime problem, we need leaders who are not afraid of stepping on toes and offending people—especially felons!

But even above and beyond that, there are personal things we can each do to deter crime. These include being aware of our surroundings, being armed (exercising our 2nd Amendment rights) and being prepared to act in our own self defense.

We are fooling ourselves if we believe politicians and LEOs will protect us 24/7 from every potential criminal threat. Self defense, the right to be safe in one's own home/own person, is among our most sacred human rights.

Old 04-29-2007, 08:46 AM

13 posts, read 69,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrobinson1 View Post
o yeah....they also started a program to catch loiterers and juveniles from skipping school. i dont think mark mallory gets the respect he deserves from people like you
AHHHH, excuse me! MALLORY DID NOT START THIS PROGRAM!!! This program was formed THIRTY YEARS AGO.

A specialized group of police officers were tasked the job of patrolling the city parks and neighborhoods next to the parks. They were to control drugs and kids skipping school. It was a very effective program.

I know, my father was one of the cops.

The city council, nor Mallory deserve anything except contempt. They are SPINELESS.

Old 01-07-2014, 08:46 PM

17,577 posts, read 13,355,792 times
Some things never change

Old 01-08-2014, 05:57 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,753,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Some things never change
That doesn't mean they shouldn't be or can't be changed.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:14 AM

1,130 posts, read 2,543,045 times
The cops are still hamstrung by the Collaborative Agreement reached (or imposed) after the so-called race riots over a decade ago.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:42 AM

3,336 posts, read 6,942,354 times
move to the city and be part of the change you want to see. join local citizen patrol groups, get on a first name basis with the cops in the neighborhood. don't just belly ache about 'political correctness,' what a cop out. what are you doing to help?

restorationconsultant, he is in here, living in the city, working with the police, and making his neighborhood better. there is a man i respect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati