Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2007, 07:40 PM

67 posts, read 291,221 times

Advertisements

We're looking at the possibility of relocating to the Cinci area. The job would be in Evendale. What can anyone tell me of Mason or West Chester? Schools are very important, housing in the $400's. Are there subdivisions with neighborhood pools and recreation areas? Can you recommend specific neighborhoods to look at? We are used to very large schools and are open to any size.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2007, 01:03 PM

9 posts, read 31,161 times
Default Mason/West Chester

Hi. We live in Deerfield Township, which has a Mason mailing address and schools, but lower taxes, so make sure you look there, too. The Mason schools are the absolute best. Great, new facilities, excellent teachers, etc, and both Mason and West Chester have good shopping and are great for families. (Take a look at the Mason Community Center at imaginemason.org). Not sure the ages of your kids but the new Mason Early Childhood Center (MECC) is incredible.
There are plenty of newer communities with community parks and pools. We live off Bethany Road, where you'll find neighborhoods like Cherrybrook (our neighborhood), Parkside, etc. Lots of families with kids of various ages. Our neighborhood has organized events like Easter Egg hunts, pool/pizza parties at the community pool in the summer (the fire department even comes and sprays the fire truck hoses for the kids to run around in). Our Cherrybrook has resales in the high 400s. Parkside may be a bit lower. Carmelle and Four Bridges are pretty pricey.
We're moving to North Carolina in a couple of weeks, but I'm happy to share any information I have. You can PM me if you'd like.

Last edited by Yac; 03-21-2007 at 05:59 AM.. Reason: Realtor site link removed.

Old 03-20-2007, 01:46 PM

67 posts, read 291,221 times
Thanks for the information. That's exactly what I was looking for! I'll check into those areas and thanks for the realtor web site also.

Old 03-23-2007, 10:00 AM

351 posts, read 1,869,041 times
Hi,

Don't give up on Princeton School District! It's got a really strong community school base with a wide range of academic and extra curricular programs, including cutting edge foreign languages (Chinese and Japanese now!) and the International Baccalaureate program. Princeton's top grads go east and Ivy, which few systems in Cincinnati can boast. Arts and music program are tops, and the life lessons about relating to others who are different can and should not be diminished.

Look into Glendale, also. You can find some nice, old homes in a historic community within your price range. Big trees, large lots, staid community (where people move around, but never move out!). It's right next to Evendale, and is a really neat place to be. Drive time to Cincinnati is one criteria which makes Glendale less appeasing, but if Evendale is the work location, you can't beat the commute!

Old 03-23-2007, 11:50 AM

7 posts, read 36,223 times
Hey, the public school with the best academics north of the city are Wyoming, Sycamore, and Indian Hill...

Of those three Sycamore would be the biggest, have the better sports programs, and is always one of the top three schools in Cincy when it comes to national merit semifinalists. It is a little bit south of Mason and West Chester (it's right inside the 275 loop), but if I were moving to Cincy with a job in Evendale and was going to use the public school system that's where I would send my kids. Montgomery is a very nice neighborhood also. I don't mean to take anything away from Mason, but the area and the high school aren't the best, nice, but not the best.

Old 04-06-2007, 10:35 AM

254 posts, read 979,526 times
I would vote for Sycamore over Mason and Lakota(West chester), primarily due to congestion! Mason and Lakota schools are very nice, with great facilities, however, there is SO MUCH growth in those areas, the schools cant keep up...they come back for school levies frequently, and threaten cessation of bus service quite a bit.....I currently have kids in Sycamore, and I love it...I get superb schools

check out this latest article
http://www.wlwt.com/news/11407003/detail.html?subid=10100221 (broken link)

also you can go to sibcycline.com to search houses for sale by school district

Old 04-06-2007, 11:49 AM

450 posts, read 1,198,906 times
I used to live in Liberty Township and it so is a great area

Old 04-09-2007, 03:16 PM

5 posts, read 51,188 times
Sycamore is definitely the better school district. Then Mason schools. Mason is experiencing alot of growth. Lastly would be Lakota schools of the three.

It sounds like you can afford Sycamore Schools so go for it. Also a smaller school district would be Madeira. Very good schools also.

Old 04-14-2007, 08:33 PM

34 posts, read 86,283 times
Just relocated to Mason about 9 months ago. Tons of great subdivisions in the area that have exactly what you are looking for. You can find many of them in the Western Row/Mason Montgomery/Tylersville road area, but that would be just a start. Parkside, Creekrun, Fairways, Village Lakes, White Blossom are some of the few we looked at off the top of my head. Best of luck with your search!

Old 12-28-2010, 06:44 PM

12 posts, read 39,695 times
Default Relocating to mason Ohio

We are relocating to mason Ohio in the summer. Can anyone help me out with any subdivisions with a family friendly atmosphere. We will be moving from Massachusetts so of course we will not know anybody. Therefore, we would like to move into a neighborhood with welcoming people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: