Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2009, 09:17 AM

43 posts, read 172,356 times

Advertisements

Hi all -

My husband and I are looking for some more info on the Cincinnati Sports Club - We're interested because they offer membership on a month-by-month basis, when most gyms don't. Does anyone belong? How is the facility? How much is it per month? Any info would be great. We're semi-new to the area and will be living in Norwood - will the club be far away? Thanks for any input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2009, 12:38 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,346,260 times
The Cincinnati Sports Club is very convenient to Norwood. A short drive at any time of day. But, before you join, please tour the Lindner YMCA in Norwood just to be sure. It will be a lot less expensive and you will meet endless folks from Norwood.

Cincinnati YMCA (http://www.myy.org/locations/richardelindner/index.shtml - broken link)

Old 04-11-2009, 03:15 AM

4,881 posts, read 13,744,360 times
Is this gym's logo the letters "CSC" in white within a small red oval? If yes, caveat emptor. They've proliferated on the East Coast, taking on each city's name. The one in my neighborhood has a membership drive going on every time you turn around. Word on the street is that it's easy to tell when this is about to happen, because suddenly the facilities get cleaned and spruced up. Most of the time the equipment isn't maintained well, the locker/shower areas are filthy, etc. What they do is reel people in with what looks like a decent operation, then have them sign a binding contract so that membership can't be cancelled or money refunded.
Admittedly I'm not a gym rat or weekend warrior so don't know this stuff firsthand. But neighbors, friends and acquaintances, and folks who contribute to consumer forums like yelp.com are unanimous in their accounts and viewpoints. The consensus is that if you already have your workout routine down pat and would go just to "lift and leave," it's OK. OTOH there's really no point in joining when the Y is also inexpensive, no-frills, and actually stays swept.
"XYZ City Sports Clubs" have been successful because they purposely set up shop in office/commercial districts or in neighborhoods (such as mine) where there's a high rate of transiency. A lot of people these days "need a health club near work" or are "new to the area and don't know anybody or where the best and cheapest gym is." The Sports Clubs eagerly lie in wait for them.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:23 PM

410 posts, read 582,509 times
Cincinnati Sports Club is a single location that is privately owned by The Christ Hospital in Cincinnati. I belonged there years ago when I had free time. I use it currently as a non-member for indoor swimming lessons for my kids. The staff is great & the facility is very nice. It's upscale without being snooty.

The club is very close to Norwood. If you call them they will give you a free pass to try the club out.

Old 04-14-2009, 03:57 PM

3 posts, read 9,872 times
Default cincy sports club

I personally do not belong to the club, but my nieces play soccer there and I do have family members that belong. It a very nice place, a little to expensive for me, but they do have alot of facilities etc.
Very close to the Norwood area!

my Avon website:
[URL="http://www.youravon.com/sgodsey"]www.youravon.com/sgodsey[/URL]

Old 06-10-2009, 08:14 AM

11 posts, read 27,108 times
I've belonged to the Cincinnati Sports Club for a few months. It's very clean and has a lot of different things. My husband and I work out and play raquetball, our daughter takes swimming and gymnastics classes, and we spend a lot of time at the outdoor pool in the summer. They also have tennis courts and many different exercise classes. Give them a call to set up a tour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati