Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2010, 10:24 AM

2 posts, read 14,606 times

Advertisements

I am moving my family to Cinci from Chicago and would love some specific input from anyone familiar with the areas we're looking in. I'm trying to narrow down suburbs and subdivisions to look at. We're in our late 30s, have two toddler aged kids and want to be in a neighborhood where our kids have other kids to play with. Our price range is anywhere from $450 to $650. Ideally I would like a newer subdivision, with some larger homes but still friendly atmosphere, homes less than 10 years old with modern amenities.

I am currently looking at three areas: Blue Ash, Montgomery and Mason. Based on what I've said above, can anyone recommend particular areas of those suburbs and subdivisions/neighborhoods that they would look at? I spoke briefly with a realtor who keeps sending me listings of large older homes on huge 1+ acre lots - but again I'd really prefer a newer neighborhood with nice/large homes. Any ideas???

THANK YOU!!!

Last edited by designerlc; 02-03-2010 at 11:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 08:39 PM

379 posts, read 844,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by designerlc View Post
I am moving my family to Cinci from Chicago and would love some specific input from anyone familiar with the areas we're looking in. I'm trying to narrow down suburbs and subdivisions to look at. We're in our late 30s, have two toddler aged kids and want to be in a neighborhood where our kids have other kids to play with. Our price range is anywhere from $450 to $650. Ideally I would like a newer subdivision, with some larger homes but still friendly atmosphere, homes less than 10 years old with modern amenities.

I am currently looking at three areas: Blue Ash, Montgomery and Mason. Based on what I've said above, can anyone recommend particular areas of those suburbs and subdivisions/neighborhoods that they would look at? I spoke briefly with a realtor who keeps sending me listings of large older homes on huge 1+ acre lots - but again I'd really prefer a newer neighborhood with nice/large homes. Any ideas???

THANK YOU!!!
I will talk about Mason because that is where I live. We just built a house in your price range in the Hickory Woods subdivision. Mason has many neighborhoods which fit your description. There are several such subdivisions along Mason Rd, Mason-Montgomery Rd, and Bethany Rd. Some neighborhood names that come to mind are Parkside, White Blossom, Hickory Woods, Rosemont, and Carmelle, but there are many more, most built within the last 10 to 15 years. Carmelle was home to the Homearama 2009 Builders home show, although I hear the 2010 show has been canceled because of the economy. Mason is a very family friendly area and the schools are some of the best in Ohio. There are not only a lot of new homes but also a lot of new retail along Mason-Montgomery Rd. Even with all of this growth, Mason has kept in touch with its roots and has recently remodeled its old downtown area. Good luck in finding your new home.

The City of Mason, Ohio

Mason City School District

Last edited by jkratze1; 02-03-2010 at 08:49 PM..

Old 02-04-2010, 11:58 AM

2 posts, read 14,606 times
Thank you for your response. It is helpful to have an area to look at when we visit. Thanks again!

Old 02-04-2010, 07:00 PM

66 posts, read 188,356 times
These are all great, safe areas in excellent school districts with many great subdivisions to choose from. In Mason, check out the Bethany Rd. and Hamilton Mason Rd. areas. This is where a lot of the new homes have been built over the last 10-15 years. There are very nice subdivisions in this area with a lot of newer construction, though you can find many subdivisions that have been built out if that is what you prefer. Cherry Brook, Chestnut Hill, Heritage Club, The Woods are a few of the subdivisions that come to mind in this area. Four Bridges and Wetherington are nice, upscale planned gated communities just to the west of this area, in the Lakota School District. East of Mason there is the Kings School District which has many newer neighborhoods. River's Bend, Stone Brook, Vista Pointe, and Kings View are some of the newer ones. Not as familiar with Montgomery or Blue Ash but I know they are both very attractive and more established communities, though there is still a lot of new construction there. I'd also check out Symmes Twp, which borders the Montgomery and Blue Ash areas(all in excellent rated Sycamore schools) and has plenty of new, upscale subdivisions to choose from. Sibcycline.com is a good MLS resource for the area( you can search homes by price range, suburb, school district, etc.) Good luck with your search! You really can't go wrong in any of these communities; they all are excellent choices and offer a wide variety of options in your price range. Hope you find what you are looking for and enjoy the area!

Old 03-07-2011, 09:24 AM

12 posts, read 39,688 times
I am interested in thehickory woods subdivision there aresomenewhomes being built there. How do u like it there. Canu tell me a little about ur subdivision. Thx

Old 03-07-2011, 10:29 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,693,012 times
The Hickory Woods subdivision should be a nice location in Mason. It is kind of wedged in between the Heritage Club and the older section of Mason West of Mason Montgomery Rd. The Mason Early Childhood Center, which is now the Kingergarten and 1st Grade location for mason schools is here.

My best advice, take in everything you are being told about the area, print out a large map, and makes notes about what you want to see when you visit. There is a lot to review here and you want to be as thorough as you can for what your interests are.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:51 PM

51 posts, read 160,797 times
For Montgomery/Blue Ash, I would say you might want to look in Hartland (on Snyder and Kemper) or the Woodlands (on Cornell, south of Reed Hartman, just before Sharonville). Woodlands is at the very upper end of your price range. Hartland may also be a bit higher up, also. You are going to find very few neighborhoods in Blue Ash/Montgomery less than 10 years old. The ones which are will have homes in the upper end of your price range.

You can certainly find newish/new construction, but they tend to be tear-downs of 50's/60's-era ranches and are not in "subdivisions" per se. They often coexist with older homes which have been updated or are awaiting tear down, or on busy-ish streets such as Zig Zag and Cooper. That new construction will run 600K minimum.

In the 450-550K range, you will find some nice homes, but they will be at least 15 years old. I'm thinking Tanager Woods, Calumet Farms and Terwilliger's Run, here. Some of the houses in Calumet Farms will be in the 700+ range, but you can find a few in the 450K - 550K range. Again, though, these houses are at least 18-20 years old and may need updating. Storybook Acres and the Winds both have houses in the 300K - 400K range, but those homes were built in the mid 60s.

Old 05-30-2011, 02:27 PM

201 posts, read 826,404 times
Wife and I are also doing a chicago to cincy relocation. Were really trying (desperately!) To find a Hinsdale type nieghborhood in Cincy, but not sure it exists. We love Hyde Park, the square is nice, near downtown, only issues are finding the right home and the schools (while great now, wed still be within CPS which is scary). We spent today in Blue Ash/Montgomery and loved the neighborhoods, homes and people. Only issue was there are hardly any bars/restaurants in the area, the "square" was a tiny intersection with a handful of shops. We drove through Mason on our way home, everything there seemed very far from the highway, but they have every retailer known to man!

Were prepared to spend quite a while searching, were still trying to prioritize things, learn the area, etc, pretty overwhelming!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati