Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 03:00 PM

5 posts, read 11,805 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are moving to Cincinnati next week and I would like to find out about realistic traffic travel times. We will be living in the Mariemont area and I will be working in the Sharonville area. Any comments are appreciated!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 04:14 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,809,206 times
Ummm, Mariemont to Sharonville. Just how did you let that happen? It may be one of the most convoluted commutes in the area. Please provide us more information as how you got into this predicament.

Old 08-18-2010, 05:01 PM

66 posts, read 189,465 times
I would take Miami Rd. through Madeira and then go left onto Euclid Ave. and get on 71 North in Kenwood and then head West on 275 until you get to Sharonville. Depending on what part of Sharonville, you could try to cut through Blue Ash during rush hour to avoid 71 or 275 backups( though usually the route I listed isn't too bad unless there is an accident or bad weather). Realistically, during non rush hour times you could make the trip in 20-25 minutes. If your job requires you to travel at peak rush hour times, I would say you could expect a 30 to 35 minute commute on average at the worst. Some good news is that you will be traveling opposite the most crowded rush hour direction.( away from city in morning and towards city in evening if your hours are typical) which will really help you avoid the typical slow spots during rush hour. I wouldn't worry too much about the commute, although I don't know what you are used to. I would be much more concerned if your living and work locations were switched. Good luck with move.[quote=cincyohguy;15530039]

Old 08-18-2010, 06:20 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,720,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Ummm, Mariemont to Sharonville. Just how did you let that happen? It may be one of the most convoluted commutes in the area. Please provide us more information as how you got into this predicament.
I'm with kj here (as with probably 99% of the Cincy metro) ...

How in God's name did you let this happen?!?! lol ... No exaggeration whatsoever ... You guys are going to lose your mind after 3 months.

Wow.

Old 08-18-2010, 06:22 PM

350 posts, read 880,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
+1

Sure is one of the more interesting commutes! Depending what you're used to it might not be that bad but Cincinnatians tend to have a much better than average commute in time and distance.

Sharonville is huge, narrowing it down would be helpful, not that the suggestion above isn't the ticket.

You could just take I-275 around from Milford...it's been years since I've had to do the loop so I'm not up on obstacles.

Old 08-18-2010, 06:24 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,677,099 times
Welcome to town! That commute should take between 20 and 40 minutes depending on road conditions, accidents, etc. 20 minutes would be in optimal conditions.

Old 08-18-2010, 06:31 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,720,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
Welcome to town! That commute should take between 20 and 40 minutes depending on road conditions, accidents, etc. 20 minutes would be in optimal conditions.
20 minutes, my ass.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:26 AM

350 posts, read 880,758 times
LOL, How did they let it happen?

I guess it doesn't look that bad on paper...'AS THE CROW FLIES'.....

But no, 20 minutes ain't happenin'.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:39 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,484,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
I don't know what the problem is, "Google Map Directions" have this commute at 23 minutes and I don't think there has ever been a time where it has taken me as long as Google said unless there is an accident. So I go with the 20 minutes.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:49 AM

5 posts, read 11,805 times
it looks like i am getting 2 major different stories here. Keep in mind i am coming from southern california, so i am pretty used to congestion filled roadways. i figured it would be about 30 minutes going opposite of the major rush hour direction. we really liked that area and wanted to be closer to the downtown area. it seems like blue ash might be the place to move to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati