Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 12:42 PM

13 posts, read 48,574 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to Cincinnati and looking for some really decent upscale apartments, downtown or even slightly out of downtown to rent for 6 months or so. Any particular reviews on people residing in the current apartments would be appreciated as well. Any suggestions? I"m a early 30's y/o single professional. Don't want to deal with some nighttime partying of college kids next door. Something a little more quaint and like minded professionals living next door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 02:21 PM

3,336 posts, read 6,942,354 times
One Lytle Place downtown is exactly like you describe. It is a little pricey but very nice. The apartments are nice, the location is very safe, the pool and amenities feel very high quality. It is mostly populated by singles or DINKs and the occasional retired people. You are close to the downtown entertainment but not so close that it will keep you up.

Garfield place might work too

Old 07-19-2010, 02:44 PM

Default Available information on downtown apartments

Garfield Place looks pretty run down from the photos that were available on the net. One Lytle place is comparable in price to Sycamore Lofts or East 8 Lofts. Any comments on the latter two? Or anyone with experience living in either one of those? Any major problems living Downtown?

Old 07-19-2010, 07:13 PM

47 posts, read 157,382 times
Check out the renovated R. L. Polk building condos. It certainly fits your description.

Park Place at Lytle
400 Pike Street Cincinnati, OH 45202

Old 07-20-2010, 06:28 AM

Garfield Place is fairly new and not run down afaik, but also may not be as upscale as you are looking for.

I hadn't heard of Sycamore and East 8 lofts, they look very nice. They look more urban, drawing from the features of the historic building where they are located. One Lytle Place is more the feel of a nice apartment in a suburb - the units all tend to have been updated in the past few years and there isn't an urban feel to it. Location-wise, One Lytle Place is actually quite isolated from the rest of downtown. This gives you awesome river views (the city views are great too) and no real safety concerns but you lose some of the downtown feel. The Sycamore or E 8 lofts are in a good part of downtown, but there are urban issues like the occasional panhandler or crazy person walking by, like in the downtowns of most bigger cities. But you are closer to downtown entertainment and nightlife and also there I don't see any major safety issues.

That RL Polk building is in a really neat part of downtown. I hadn't heard of that and will have to check it out ASAP

Old 07-20-2010, 01:20 PM

577 posts, read 1,280,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by progmac View Post
One Lytle Place downtown is exactly like you describe. It is a little pricey but very nice.
I agree plus you can get a nice view. I believe they do short term rents - I know of one person who lived there temporarily while looking for a home.

Old 07-20-2010, 02:18 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,718,326 times
I'd go with the Shillito, East 8, or Sycamore Place. All are great. Also check out the Shillito Place Lofts (different than the other Shillito).

Hell, just check out www.gototown.com

Old 07-20-2010, 02:25 PM

you also might check out mt adams, liberty hill (aka prospect hill) and east walnut hills for young professional areas close to downtown.

Old 07-20-2010, 06:31 PM

Thanks all. Doing some looking into the places that you all suggested. Also I tried Sycamore lofts, do they have some racial discrimination issues? I tried to contact them based on what they had available as per their posting on the net but when I contacted they refused to even talk about anything with recent availability for some reason. And this was regarding an apartment that has been available for the last 3-4 days and recently updated as being available. The person that responded was very rude too. I don't want to waste my time in looking for places that may just keep turning me down for things for discrimination rather than my credibility to pay for the place. Comments are welcome.

Old 07-20-2010, 06:48 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,475,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinaPuraws View Post
Thanks all. Doing some looking into the places that you all suggested. Also I tried Sycamore lofts, do they have some racial discrimination issues? I tried to contact them based on what they had available as per their posting on the net but when I contacted they refused to even talk about anything with recent availability for some reason. And this was regarding an apartment that has been available for the last 3-4 days and recently updated as being available. The person that responded was very rude too. I don't want to waste my time in looking for places that may just keep turning me down for things for discrimination rather than my credibility to pay for the place. Comments are welcome.
The only place in Cincinnati where you can find racial discrimination is if you happen upon a two family where mom and pop live on the first floor and they don't like white people.

There is not a single apartment complex over 12 units in Cincinnati that has a speck of racial discrimination here. Anyone that says so is a liar and anyone who believes it is an idiot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati