Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2010, 10:38 AM

1 posts, read 1,926 times

Advertisements

[b]
Ride Cincinnati

4th Annual Family-Friendly, Organized Cycling Event
Benefiting Breast Cancer Research at University of Cincinnati

Sunday, June 13, 2010

6:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.

Ride Cincinnati is an annual non-competitive, family-oriented pledge cycling event that benefits local breast cancer research conducted at the UC Barrett Cancer Institute at University Hospital.

Ride Cincinnati was founded in 2007 by local Cincinnatians who had been touched by the impact of breast cancer. In its first three years, the event has raised more than $500,000 for breast cancer research projects. The goal this year is to increase the size of the event and the total dollars raised.

The event is dedicated to the life of Marlene Harris, the wife of one of the event founders, and all women who have been affected by breast cancer.

Ride Details

All participants begin the Ride at Yeatman's Cove, Sawyer Point, Cincinnati, Ohio, continue across the Purple People Bridge and then meander through some scenic routes in Northern Kentucky. All cyclists return to the celebration at Sawyer Point.

The course is organized, safe, and flexible depending on the cyclist’s ability, endurance, age, etc.

Ride Courses and distances range from 8.2 miles to 62.8 miles, with start times staggered throughout the morning June 13 from 6:30 a.m. through 9 a.m.

• 6:30 a.m. — 62.8-mile ride
• 7:30 a.m. — 45.2-mile ride
• 8:30 a.m. — 26-mile and 18.4-mile rides
• 9 a.m. — 8.2-mile ride

A shorter Kids Ride for children 12 and under begins at 11 a.m. at Yeatman’s Cove. The young cyclists will be led through the park by a live band and ‘Snoopy.’ A family festival featuring kids activities, food, raffles and more takes place for all registered riders and their families at Sawyer Point from 9:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.

The adult participant who raises the most personal sponsorship money will receive a Trek 1.5 bike, courtesy of Trek Bicycle Store of Cincinnati. Children are also eligible for prizes based on fundraising goals.

Sunday, June 13, 2010
RIDE CINCINNATI
Stats about all US cities - real estate, relocation info, house prices, home value estimator, recent sales, cost of living, crime, race, income, photos, education, maps, weather, houses, schools, neighborhoods, and more
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2010, 09:15 PM

269 posts, read 779,436 times
I'm there! Ughh, I hate waking up early on Sundays, especially at 6:30 a.m. I guess I can drag my lazy butt out of bed early on Sunday since it's for a great cause. I always wanted to purchase a pink breast cancer awareness cycling jersey, but could never find one. And what a coincidence, I have a Trek 1.5 Triple. Maybe I can win it....and sell it. Is there going to be any set pace for the ride?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: