Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Dallas like an overgrown Oklahoma City?
Yes, it is just like Oklahoma City. 62 36.90%
No, it is nothing like that Oklahoma City 106 63.10%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 02:55 PM

312 posts, read 436,575 times

Advertisements

Tell you what though, both teams are playing with a lot of heart. Both playing like they really want to win and Durant's been nothing but spectacular for Oklahoma City. But the team of choice for me is Dallas this season, I also like Chicago's team but like the Thunder they'll get another chance next year and this is definitely the last year we'll probably see of Dallas getting this far. Nowitzki's played well and now needs to reconfirm it this post season and take a championship home.

Miami? I hate that team, Bosh and Wade are cool but LeBron's not. Didn't like him when he played for Cleveland and still don't.

Old 05-18-2011, 03:54 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,842,323 times
I swear I fall asleep watching basketball. Boring ass crap. Can't wait til football season starts.

Old 05-18-2011, 03:58 PM

20 posts, read 113,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Doesn't Oklahoma city take up about 3 times the land mass that Dallas occupies? I thought Oklahoma city was the largest city in terms of geographic size that is not consolidated with the county that it is in.

OKC is not the largest city in land size.

Jacksonville, FL at 747 Sq Miles but they are few cities in Alaska that are even larger..

Old 05-18-2011, 05:12 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,929,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afobulous View Post
OKC is not the largest city in land size.

Jacksonville, FL at 747 Sq Miles but they are few cities in Alaska that are even larger..
do you know what not consolidated with the county means?? It means it is NOT consolidated with the county

Jackonville is consolidated with its county, so are the Alaskan cities you are thinking of.

OKC is a free standing city, it is not consolidated with its city and hence my point of it being THE LARGEST GEOGRAPHICAL CITY NOT CONSOLIDATED WITH ITS COUNTY.

Old 05-18-2011, 06:06 PM

312 posts, read 436,575 times
While I like Fort Worth, there's a lot of misconceptions about Dallas being told here. City limits and city populations are so yesterday, they're an irrelevant metric except when it comes to municipal funds and crime.

Lets look at the progress of both metro divisions in the Metroplex in the last 10 years to see which side has the leg up over the other.

Dallas-Plano-Irving Metropolitan Division 2000: 3,451,226
Dallas-Plano-Irving Metropolitan Division 2010: 4,235,751

Fort Worth-Arlington Metropolitan Division 2000: 1,710,318
Fort Worth-Arlington Metropolitan Division 2010: 2,136,022

Fort Worth isn't catching up to Dallas, period. It's not an issue, population doesn't mean everything but Dallas and Houston are Texas's first tier cities not Fort Worth. US2010

Old 05-18-2011, 06:20 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,194,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
I swear I fall asleep watching basketball. Boring ass crap. Can't wait til football season starts.
I thought I was the only one lol

I can only tolerate Basketball for so long. I usually switch back and forth to keep up with the game, but I can't just sit and watch it. I hate playing it too. However, nothing is worse than watching baseball [OK, except golf].

Old 05-18-2011, 07:15 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,842,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
I thought I was the only one lol

I can only tolerate Basketball for so long. I usually switch back and forth to keep up with the game, but I can't just sit and watch it. I hate playing it too. However, nothing is worse than watching baseball [OK, except golf].
I don't mind hoopin every once in a while, but watching is a chore. I caught a few games this season but honestly could care less about who's playing who. Football's the only game I thoroughly enjoy, but I'm still not as preoccupied with sports as most dudes are.

And how does a black giraffe hate playing basketball? Lol

Old 05-18-2011, 09:06 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,194,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
I don't mind hoopin every once in a while, but watching is a chore. I caught a few games this season but honestly could care less about who's playing who. Football's the only game I thoroughly enjoy, but I'm still not as preoccupied with sports as most dudes are.

And how does a black giraffe hate playing basketball? Lol
Because I suck at it lol

It's honestly boring to me and plus people always hold me up to higher standard because my mom was known for her skills back in the day. I love track and football, but I just don't like basketball.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:07 PM

166 posts, read 376,193 times
I don't understand why FW and Dallas people can't stand each other. Together they pack a punch as a metro that they wouldn't have if 1 or the other didn't exist. You guys are on the same team lol.

Old 05-19-2011, 07:37 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,499,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Social Network View Post
We brought it last night, and we won. Another 3 more to go but to be fair I really like the Thunder too. They're a young team and will get to the playoffs next year, this might be the Mavericks last chance at a championship for a long time with an aging team, and I really want them to win it all this year.
Yeh, Westbrook needs to calm down! Put the game on Durant's back; he can handle it.

Also, the Thunder need to make sure they stay arms-length away from Dirk or it's an automatic foul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City