Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Battle of the West Coast Cities
Vancouver 5 5.81%
Victoria 0 0%
Seattle 13 15.12%
Tacoma 0 0%
Olympia 0 0%
San Francisco 27 31.40%
Oakland 2 2.33%
Los Angeles 23 26.74%
Long Beach 1 1.16%
San Diego 14 16.28%
Other 1 1.16%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 10:08 AM

705 posts, read 1,657,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
I don't get that though, they'd rather support a team on the other coast than a team in their own state?
Your working off such a minute sample size, it's hardly a representation of Bay Area sports fans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2010, 10:10 AM

10,138 posts, read 15,987,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calisnuffy View Post
You, like other Midwest posters come off like you have a serious axe to grind with California, and San Francisco in particular.
California is my favorite state out of all 50. So no.

San Francisco, well when you get robbed of your belongings in a "supposedly good area of downtown" and then experience the side of San Francisco that is not at all like what people describe then yeahhhh... (Imagine how you'd feel when someone breaks into your car, breaks the windows, steals your laptop, and everything else including the car radio...not the best of experiences- but no one magnifying the city will ever admit to things like that happening in SF) I don't hate it. I just don't like how over magnified it is as if it doesn't have any problems like other cities and how it does overshadow San Jose and other cities. It's not even the people that live in SF that magnify it, it's the clueless tourists that do...

I don't have an axe to grind with California (I don't think I've ever in my life said anything bad about LA/SD), you haven't seen many of my posts to even conclude that because I've been fair to San Francisco throughout, a hell lot more than I have been to an actual city that I do hate. (which I won't name)

And I'm not even living in the Midwest currently- and I normally don't. Chicago is just where I live for half the summer...

And that ladies & gentlemen summarizes why I prefer Southern California more. (no offense to anyone from SF- I like the city, just don't want to get robbed! JK- been there twice after that, but still hard to shake bad experiences off that easily)..

Last edited by DANNYY; 07-14-2010 at 10:52 AM..

Old 07-14-2010, 10:51 AM

5,717 posts, read 16,320,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calisnuffy View Post
You, like other Midwest posters come off like you have a serious axe to grind with California, and San Francisco in particular.
No, he doesn't at all. Methinks you're hypersensitive.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:23 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,477,729 times
Quote:
I don't get that though, they'd rather support a team on the other coast than a team in their own state?
Growing up in Northern California, I still root against most LA teams...The Dodgers, USC, and especially the Lakers. A lot of people on the West Coast that I know that have no ties to Boston were rooting for the Celtics, it's not just a San Francisco thing. A lot of people hate Kobe and the success of the Lakers.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:43 AM

6,963 posts, read 20,497,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Growing up in Northern California, I still root against most LA teams...The Dodgers, USC, and especially the Lakers. A lot of people on the West Coast that I know that have no ties to Boston were rooting for the Celtics, it's not just a San Francisco thing. A lot of people hate Kobe and the success of the Lakers.
yeah, after all, you do have the Golden State Warriors?

Stephen Curry >>>> Kobe

Old 07-14-2010, 12:05 PM

1,173 posts, read 1,470,750 times
san diego--not too big, not too small, great scenery and beaches!

Old 07-14-2010, 12:14 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,477,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_starks View Post

Stephen Curry >>>> Kobe
Nah, I moved to Oregon years ago and became a Trailblazers fan--haven't paid much attention to the Warriors for years. I just go against LA and most SoCal sports teams even though I actually like LA--I think it's in my blood at this point, something that was instilled in me from my Northern California ancestors. It's weird cause I never felt that way about San Diego teams, I always liked the Padres and Chargers.

Although if it comes down to Lakers vs. Heat in the finals at any point--I'll be rooting for Kobe and the Lakers for the first time in my life.

Old 07-14-2010, 12:38 PM

36,643 posts, read 67,325,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_starks View Post

Stephen Curry >>>> Kobe
Look for the Warriors to explode in the coming seasons.

They are being bought by one of the world's 10 richest men(Larry Ellison of Oracle) and he is crazy obsessed with winning at any cost.

Old 07-14-2010, 12:41 PM

10,138 posts, read 15,987,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Look for the Warriors to explode in the coming seasons.
Wilt Chamberlain!!

18M, have you seen the reconstructed Miami team? I don't think there's any amount of money in the world that can now dramatically change the face of the NBA after what just happened last week.

Unless they get Carmelo, and some other major time players. Yikes!

Old 07-14-2010, 12:48 PM

36,643 posts, read 67,325,378 times
Quote:
Wilt Chamberlain!!

18M, have you seen the reconstructed Miami team? I don't think there's any amount of money in the world that can now dramatically change the face of the NBA after what just happened last week.

Unless they get Carmelo, and some other major time players. Yikes!
I don't know but Ellison supposedly has a silo at his house with a missle pointed at Microsoft's HQ.

LOL...Im pretty confident that his sort of bravado(and money) will improve the Warriors drastically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City