Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: New York v California -State v State-
New York State 34 35.79%
California 61 64.21%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 07:10 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,172,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MALIBU89 View Post
Ummm, nobody cares about Northern California. It's all about SoCal.

Northern California is boring, nothing happens up there. Southern California is the place people think when they think "California". I have no idea where this Northern California superior complex comes from. I'd rather live in NYS than NorCal honestly.

It's either SoCal or bust.
LMAO!!!! +1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 09:52 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,534,629 times
Quote:
I need some of this to cheer me up!

Old 07-16-2010, 10:26 PM

635 posts, read 1,540,695 times
This is State vs State? California obviously wins. It has more terrain and more cities. Eveything from the highest point in the lower 48 (Mt. Whitney) to the lowest point in the lower 48 (Death Valley). Not to mention it has great cities like Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Sacramento and great beach resorts such as Newport Beach and pretty much all of Orange County. Not to mention 380ft tall redwoods where trees grow on their branches. Oh and to top it off, much better waves then the Atlantic will ever have .

Old 07-17-2010, 10:07 AM

686 posts, read 1,698,580 times
Quote:

Northern California is boring, nothing happens up there. Southern California is the place people think when they think "California". I have no idea where this Northern California superior complex comes from. I'd rather live in NYS than NorCal honestly.

same could be said for northern NY.

But I would not find either north Cali or Northern NY boring.

Old 07-17-2010, 10:16 AM

3,235 posts, read 8,715,586 times
Quote:

I'd take northern california over southern any day of the week. It's not boring at all. San Fran is one of the best cities in the country.

Old 07-17-2010, 11:24 AM

979 posts, read 2,093,468 times
Wow. Now we Californians are battling ourselves in a CA v. NY thread. That just shows the rivalry we have in our own state and the diversity and philosophy in both regions.

Old 07-17-2010, 11:39 AM

648 posts, read 1,618,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Being Republican certainly isn't going to win you brownie points in New York either [a deep blue state]. You are better off staying in the South.
New York is not a deep blue state, the cities are. Upstate is very conservative and Long Island has very conservative parts. You will find conservative parts of the city in the working class neighborhoods that have no turned into ghettos yet. Then the transplanted yuppies who have taken over the city have brought their blue.

I love Northern California. It is beautiful but how extremely left wing they are I think I would be ostracized. It is funny how open minded they consider themselves and yet you are condemned if you do not share their extreme let wing beliefs. I would take Southern California since I would not get banished for being conservative as easily.

Old 07-17-2010, 12:17 PM

2,684 posts, read 7,382,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_starks View Post

What would make that even better:

http://intoxicologist.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/baileys-bottles.jpg (broken link)

+

=

It's already 95 degrees where I live, and its ONLY 11 AM. The start of a good day, eh? That cold, tall glass of Guinness looks so good right now.

Good thing I only live 20 minutes from this (probably a million people going though):

Old 07-17-2010, 03:11 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,937,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshadower View Post
What would make that even better:

+

=

It's already 95 degrees where I live, and its ONLY 11 AM. The start of a good day, eh? That cold, tall glass of Guinness looks so good right now.

Good thing I only live 20 minutes from this (probably a million people going though):
What LA beach is that?

Old 07-17-2010, 03:12 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,386,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianIvanov View Post
New York is not a deep blue state, the cities are. Upstate is very conservative and Long Island has very conservative parts. You will find conservative parts of the city in the working class neighborhoods that have no turned into ghettos yet. Then the transplanted yuppies who have taken over the city have brought their blue.

I love Northern California. It is beautiful but how extremely left wing they are I think I would be ostracized. It is funny how open minded they consider themselves and yet you are condemned if you do not share their extreme let wing beliefs. I would take Southern California since I would not get banished for being conservative as easily.
People don't get banished for being conservative The only time I can remember was when the state released the names of all individuals who gave money to defeat gay marriage; those people were pissed but state law requires public access to anything political. I don't ever see yard signs or car stickers for Republican candidates but that doesn't mean everyone votes Democratic. BTW, there are definitely conservative sections in Northern California [much of the Sacramento valley & Sierra counties].
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City